Powers & Abilities Shanks: Swordsman or Not?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
His strength corresponds to his title.

By feats ussop > dragon

It's just a sword skill, but his strength corresponds to his feats, which are only YC-level.

or maybe worse, his title was obtained by being misunderstood like his boss, Buggy-Sama.

HA001

Then Buggy > Mihakw, right?

:suresure:

Also, I don't mind if Usopp is stronger than Dragon because he has feats to prove his strength.

:cheers:
Why would buggy be > mihawk
Yonko means nothing they made buggy mihawks yonko captain and STILL gave him a lower bounty

HA001

Because in terms of individual strength its proven it doesn't mean anything with buggy getting it.

Shanks is a swordsman mihawk is stronger

You don't have an argument.

Why would "Yonko" mean nothing?

So maybe that title of strongest swordman was given to Mihawk by Shanks too.

Shanks > Mihawk if strength can be determined by bounty.

It's just a sword skill, but his strength corresponds to his feats, which are only YC-level.

or maybe worse, his title was obtained by being misunderstood like his boss, Buggy-Sama.

:shame:
I dislike people using Shanks' on panel feats to support Mihawk as much as the next guy, but Mihawk literallly has an effortless feat like this that not even Zoro or any YC has shown off yet to a similar scale:

This is done without a DF or even presumed Haki. The wave is higher than drawn clouds and larger than Marineford lmao.

Because in terms of individual strength its proven it doesn't mean anything with buggy getting it.

Shanks is a swordsman mihawk is stronger

You don't have an argument.
Why can I have an argument?

It is never stated in the manga that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks.

It's just a sword skill, and it could even be a false statement too, like how Buggy can become Yonko.

His strength is only YC level.

You have to accept it.

HA001

It is stated. The same page says as the STRONGEST swordsman in the world. Putting him above Shanks

Why can I have an argument?

It is never stated in the manga that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks.

It's just a sword skill, and it could even be a false statement too, like how Buggy can become Yonko.

His strength is only YC level.

You have to accept it.

I dislike people using Shanks' on panel feats to support Mihawk as much as the next guy, but Mihawk literallly has an effortless feat like this that not even Zoro or any YC has shown off yet to a similar scale:

This is done without a DF or even presumed Haki. The wave is higher than drawn clouds and larger than Marineford lmao.

"any YC has shown off yet to a similar scale:"

:shame:

Like I've said many times, it could be a false statement.

It was just that the marines misunderstood; how could the world's strongest swordsman be at YC level?

It's clearly a joke, isn't it?
- WSS: individual title (like the ballon d'or), you are the strongest among all swordsmen. Mihawk is the WSS.
- Yonko: individual and collective title, you need strength but you also need a strong crew, a whole fleet with you and territory.

Shanks is Messi, Mihawk is Mbappé/CR7 (I'm not speaking in terms of skill but in terms of how they play).
Shanks plays collectively, Mihawk plays individually.

Individually speaking, Mihawk > Shanks but in terms of crew, territory and fleet, Shanks has the upper hand, that's why he is a yonko after all but Mihawk is not interested in that.

This is all irrelevant anyway because Mihawk and Shanks are like CR7 and Messi. They are the goats of swordsmanship and they are at the top both of them. Mihawk is superior but Shanks is 2nd, his closest rival.

Last edited:
- WSS: individual title (like the ballon d'or), you are the strongest among all swordsmen. Mihawk is the WSS.
- Yonko: individual and collective title, you need strength but you also need a strong crew, a whole fleet with you and territory.

Shanks is Messi, Mihawk is Mbappé/CR7 (I'm not speaking in terms of skill but in terms of how they play).
Messi plays collectively, Mihawk plays individually.

Individually speaking, Mihawk > Shanks but in terms of crew, territory and fleet, Shanks has the upper hand, that's why he is a yonko after all but Mihawk is not interested in that.

This is all irrelevant anyway because Mihawk and Shanks are like CR7 and Messi. They are the goats of swordsmanship and they are at the top both of them. Mihawk is superior but Shanks is 2nd, his closest rival.
:smart: