Controversial Should I convert to Judaism?

I'm going to be honest with you. DO NOT do it. Your motivation firstly is wrong. If however you want to serve GOD, you get down on your knees, ask God for wisdom and understanding and then pick up a bible. If you don't do that then you end up in a religion that lines up with how you feel. Religion is what's wrong with this world. God never introduced or dealt with religion, that's the devil's tool to deceive people.

Making friends might be tough but religion isn't the right way to do it. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going to be honest with you. DO NOT do it. Your motivation firstly is wrong. If however you want to serve GOD, you get down on your knees, ask God for wisdom and understanding and then pick up a bible. If you don't do that then you end up in a religion that lines up with how you feel. Religion is what's wrong with this world. God never introduced or dealt with religion, that's the devil's tool to deceive people.

Making friends might be tough but religion isn't the right way to do it. Just my 2 cents.
This ain’t the place but the whole point of religion is guidance and a way of life. Why wouldn’t God introduce religion?

I think you need to have Jewish ancestory or heritage but take the opinion here with grain of salt . Better consult local rabbi in your city if they are okay with it you may have to go conversion ritual.

Update:

the Jewish community wasn’t as good as I thought. There are a lot of genuinely amazing jews, but the community has a tendency to be exclusionary and elitist.

That being said, I think I’ve genuinely fallen in love with the Torah. It means a lot to me and I think I’m going to convert regardless of how much they’d accept me.

Update:

the Jewish community wasn’t as good as I thought. There are a lot of genuinely amazing jews, but the community has a tendency to be exclusionary and elitist.

That being said, I think I’ve genuinely fallen in love with the Torah. It means a lot to me and I think I’m going to convert regardless of how much they’d accept me.
You can study religious scriptures without converting, you know?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Update:

I’ll point out that the exclusion thing has always been mutual between Jews and…like, most of the world throughout history; a lot of my people are weary of outsiders because they’ve typically sought to eradicate us, and assimilation doesn’t really make things better. That being said, this sounds accurate :few:

I’ll point out that the exclusion thing has always been mutual between Jews and…like, most of the world throughout history; a lot of my people are weary of outsiders because they’ve typically sought to eradicate us, and assimilation doesn’t really make things better. That being said, this sounds accurate :few:
I mean Judaism is technically an ethnic religion, unlike Christianity / Islam that have the act of converting and spreading their religion coded into their DNA

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I mean Judaism is technically an ethnic religion, unlike Christianity / Islam that have the act of converting and spreading their religion coded into their DNA
True, I’m just saying that the inclusion or lack thereof is stymied by getting burned (figuratively and literally) so many times in the past, which is why converting is so difficult in the first place.

You can study religious scriptures without converting, you know?
I can. But I feel like this means a lot to me, so why not?

Like if I’m going to live my life by the Torah, I might as well become a Jew.
Post automatically merged:

I get it

I’m not mad at them. Honestly if they weren’t so exclusionary I would have converted for the wrong reasons and I probably wouldn’t be a very good jew.

I can. But I feel like this means a lot to me, so why not?

Like if I’m going to live my life by the Torah, I might as well become a Jew.

I’m not mad at them. Honestly if they weren’t so exclusionary I would have converted for the wrong reasons and I probably wouldn’t be a very good jew.
A question here

What was inclination that made you think judaism is right for you. Where you restricted in your current religious preaching or did you decide after seeing something in your life ??

I am really interested.

Update:

Making friendship should be top priority. If you have jewish friend in your workplace or school then its easy for them to take you in gatherings.

Its almost same everywhere if you convert to another religion. People may be skeptical but dont give up.

A question here

What was inclination that made you think judaism is right for you. Where you restricted in your current religious preaching or did you decide after seeing something in your life ??

I am really interested.
I got into it because I knew a few Jews in high school. Specifically my current best friend for like 6 years, as well as this girl I used to have a massive crush on.

my best friend told me a lot about Judaism and I always thought it was cool.

I tried other religions but I didn’t like them.
I felt like Judaism was the perfect balance between the religions.

Initially I joined because I wanted a community, but then I fell in love with the Torah. I realized that it made me a happier, better person. And so I’m deciding to go through with it.