Controversial Should I convert to Judaism?

I’ve been entertaining this thought for a while now.

one of my good friends is Jewish and over the years he’s told me a lot about it. Honestly, it sounds really cool.

Recently, I’ve been feeling quite lonely irl. And I wanted to find a way to meet cool people. And so I thought, why not join a religion?

I tried Christianity, but honestly I didn’t like it. I was raised hindu and I didn’t like that very much either. I could become a Muslim, but my family is really islamophobic and so I don’t think it would be a good idea.

I don’t know if I’m 100% on board with it yet, but from what I’ve seen, I find Reform Judaism to be quite appealing. It seems like a really liberal and tolerant religion, and everyone I know who’s a reform jew are really nice people.

I think the theology makes more sense than Christianity, and I really like the whole ethnoreligious aspect to it. Like how beyond just the religion, there’s an entire cultural aspect to Judaism. I feel like I would enjoy celebrating things like Hanukkah or Passover.

but idk, I’m a bit conflicted on it, as I know doing it would require me to sacrifice part of my culture, coming from a Hindu family. But also, I don’t think I was ever truly hindu to begin with and my family is quite toxic regardless.

I think overall, I just want to find a place in this world where I belong. And I feel like maybe I could get that with Judaism.
https://mountathosinfos.gr/
Try this.

I could become a Muslim, but my family is really islamophobic and so I don’t think it would be a good idea.
Why would you become Muslim to find friends tho? By definition you wouldn’t be fulfilling what it means to be a Muslim since the word Muslim means one who submits his will to God. Of course there is the community, however if you don’t really believe then what is the point of being part of that community?
How do people convert to Judaism ? Aren't the Old Texts saying stuff like "only works if you have a Jewish mother, bruh" ?
Pretty much. One cannot “convert” to Judaism, it doesn’t work the way the OP thinks. Only modern/reformed off shoots would ignore that and throw whatever they feel like throwing out the window.

Pretty much. One cannot “convert” to Judaism, it doesn’t work the way the OP thinks. Only modern/reformed off shoots would ignore that and throw whatever they feel like throwing out the window.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_to_Judaism

I mean that’s just not true, even Orthodox Judaism accepts converts. In any case, I want to join reform so that doesn’t bother me.
Post automatically merged:

Why would you become Muslim to find friends tho? By definition you wouldn’t be fulfilling what it means to be a Muslim since the word Muslim means one who submits his will to God. Of course there is the community, however if you don’t really believe then what is the point of being part of that community?
Didn’t say I’d join a religion I don’t believe in.

that’s why I’m not a Christian

Didn’t say I’d join a religion I don’t believe in.

that’s why I’m not a Christian
Ok. Idk the OP seemed to imply that but I guess I just misread that. I see where you are coming from now, you lean more towards monotheism theologically, makes sense coming from a Hindu background. Beyond family pressure, is there anything else holding you back from looking into Islam?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_to_Judaism

I mean that’s just not true, even Orthodox Judaism accepts converts. In any case, I want to join reform so that doesn’t bother me.
It was matrilineal at first, the idea of conversion came later with different offshoots. Could be wrong however it doesn’t apply in your case so it’s whatever.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I find Reform Judaism to be quite appealing. It seems like a really liberal and tolerant religion, and everyone I know who’s a reform jew are really nice people.
My experience with Reform Jews has been…different…but I could say the same about the Hasidim too. Conservatives are in the sweet spot, mostly because it’s a stronger focus on culture than the former but much less strict than the latter :kata: