Controversial Should I convert to Judaism?

Just check with a Rabbi first. They'd have the answers to your questions more than likely
I will when I get the time

but for now, I've talked to several jewish people I'm friends with
Post automatically merged:

They say conversion is tough and converts aren't accepted everywhere, but if you feel like this is what you were meant to do, then you should do it.

Well that is.... idk whats word for racist but religion
Yeah, I think its kinda dumb
I mean if you are ashkenazi, a significant amount of your heritage is european, you probably have ancestors who were converts. So I think being anti-convert is a bit hypocritical.

But from my experience, at least in more liberal sects of judaism, people seem to be very accepting. So its not really something I'm worried about.

They may accept you but judging from those words you will never one of them
I'll have to see

Reform is a very liberal sect. On the sites of some of these synagogues, they talk about how they are pro-lgbt, pro interfaith marriage, pro-convert, etc. So maybe I could be one of them.

I've only really heard anti-convert sentiments from people who are orthodox or ultra-orthodox, who actively discourage people from converting. I don't think I'd want to be part of those communities anyways.

Not a single soul has the right to stand between a human and his relationship with God
In their defense, its not just that. Being jewish is more than just a religion, there's like an ethnic aspect to it. Which is why Jewish conversion is a lot more difficult than conversion to islam or christianity. Because you're not just joining a religion, you are assimilating into an ethnic group.

But its like with any community, people can be tards about it.

I'll have to see

Reform is a very liberal sect. On the sites of some of these synagogues, they talk about how they are pro-lgbt, pro interfaith marriage, pro-convert, etc. So maybe I could be one of them.

I've only really heard anti-convert sentiments from people who are orthodox or ultra-orthodox, who actively discourage people from converting. I don't think I'd want to be part of those communities anyways.

In their defense, its not just that. Being jewish is more than just a religion, there's like an ethnic aspect to it. Which is why Jewish conversion is a lot more difficult than conversion to islam or christianity. Because you're not just joining a religion, you are assimilating into an ethnic group.

But its like with any community, people can be tards about it.
I understand this point and never meant to disrespect the Jewish religion
I’m generally against this idea
I’m also criticising some of my own people a lot
I think no one should have right to stop you if you have this desire and love
It’s between God and you

I’ve been entertaining this thought for a while now.

one of my good friends is Jewish and over the years he’s told me a lot about it. Honestly, it sounds really cool.

Recently, I’ve been feeling quite lonely irl. And I wanted to find a way to meet cool people. And so I thought, why not join a religion?

I tried Christianity, but honestly I didn’t like it. I was raised hindu and I didn’t like that very much either. I could become a Muslim, but my family is really islamophobic and so I don’t think it would be a good idea.

I don’t know if I’m 100% on board with it yet, but from what I’ve seen, I find Reform Judaism to be quite appealing. It seems like a really liberal and tolerant religion, and everyone I know who’s a reform jew are really nice people.

I think the theology makes more sense than Christianity, and I really like the whole ethnoreligious aspect to it. Like how beyond just the religion, there’s an entire cultural aspect to Judaism. I feel like I would enjoy celebrating things like Hanukkah or Passover.

but idk, I’m a bit conflicted on it, as I know doing it would require me to sacrifice part of my culture, coming from a Hindu family. But also, I don’t think I was ever truly hindu to begin with and my family is quite toxic regardless.

I think overall, I just want to find a place in this world where I belong. And I feel like maybe I could get that with Judaism.
Looks like you're just suffering social issues and I don't think joining a religion is what will solves them, especially since you rejected two religions.
I suggest you to meet a Rabbi so you could really understand the ins and outs of Judaism.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Don’t know why I keep coming back here, I’m seeing a lot of instant experts on what Judaism is like or what goes into the conversion process…and a lot of y’all are nowhere near getting it right :few:

I’ve been entertaining this thought for a while now.

one of my good friends is Jewish and over the years he’s told me a lot about it. Honestly, it sounds really cool.

Recently, I’ve been feeling quite lonely irl. And I wanted to find a way to meet cool people. And so I thought, why not join a religion?

I tried Christianity, but honestly I didn’t like it. I was raised hindu and I didn’t like that very much either. I could become a Muslim, but my family is really islamophobic and so I don’t think it would be a good idea.

I don’t know if I’m 100% on board with it yet, but from what I’ve seen, I find Reform Judaism to be quite appealing. It seems like a really liberal and tolerant religion, and everyone I know who’s a reform jew are really nice people.

I think the theology makes more sense than Christianity, and I really like the whole ethnoreligious aspect to it. Like how beyond just the religion, there’s an entire cultural aspect to Judaism. I feel like I would enjoy celebrating things like Hanukkah or Passover.

but idk, I’m a bit conflicted on it, as I know doing it would require me to sacrifice part of my culture, coming from a Hindu family. But also, I don’t think I was ever truly hindu to begin with and my family is quite toxic regardless.

I think overall, I just want to find a place in this world where I belong. And I feel like maybe I could get that with Judaism.
Are you really asking this question on Worstgen?

You need to think long and hard about this.Joining a religion is not something you can do on a whim.If you need friends,try joining a martial arts gym or voluntary service group or something.

I think I've made my mind up. I think conversion is something that I need to do.

I want to join the tribe. Marry a jewish woman. Have jewish kids. Live a jewish life(well, by reform standards). I've been going to a synagogue for the past few weeks and I think this is the place where I belong.