General & Others So since Whitebeard was the worlds strongest MAN, weren't Big Mom and Kaido not considered?

I didn't want to insult you, I meant that since you're probably a Mihawk/Zoro fan, then you probably can't look at the topic objectively. I was little bit too harsh in my words... I really didn't mean to...
I probably just misunderstood things, I’m definitely open to discussing the nuances behind the titles because it’s true that not everything is as straightforward as it seems in op, wouldn't let my love for those characters blind my judgments.

And Skull made it like a rumor, saying it'd something you'd pass around drinking. One of the reasons he views Kaido as the strongest is the rumor of Kaido being unkillable, which we know isn't true.
Yeah, you mean this type of rumor?

Even in one piece world characters are not sure whether Mihawk is the WSS or not lol.
Post automatically merged:

context also says its a belief of skull
in the same quote another character cant make out what to think of shanks .
its an opinion not a fact . the title tags however is undeniably a fact not from the viewpoint of one character . if you have read enough of these novels some marines had contrasting viewpoints on the wss title as well.

wb was the strongest pirate touted as the man on par with roger in strength and when roger passed it was crowned his era by shiki another one of roger's rivals mind you.
a title killer referred to kaido as only in current time.

In king's flashback he refers to Kaido as the strongest, and people will dismiss that too (just like with many others), but Baggy's words are considered as absolute facts.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Even in one piece world characters are not sure whether Mihawk is the WSS or not lol.

In king's flashback he refers to Kaido as the strongest, and people will dismiss that too (just like with many others), but Baggy's words are considered as absolute facts.
Guy you used Skull viewing Kaido as the $1 as evidence for Kaido being the strongest, despite Skull himself using rumors for his viewpoint. Kaido was even introduced with rumors in the manga.

How does Marines viewing whoever they witness as they strongest swordsman changed that?

The difference between Whitebeard and Kaido's titles is the story takes the former seriously, establishing him as the closest peer to Roger. Kaido is deemed no different from Big Mom and Shanks, and in fact, there's implications of him being inferior to Shanks. In two back-to-back chapters, Oda had two paralleling characters (Zoro and Killer) ascertain opposite views on Kaido's title.

When translating from Japanese his title only applies to human males right?
Yes, it specifically says he's the strongest man, so Big Mom is not included. Oda also didn't reveal whether Kaidou earned the "strongest" title after Shirohige's death or if he had it all along.

What I'm trying to say is that Oda is good at planning and preserving ambiguity.

And it was directly stated that he's rumored to be the strongest in the manga itself and Ace Novel. Multiple times in each as well. WSC is still one of his epithets.
I didn't read the Ace Novels. I might. Is it canon? Is Kaidou referred to as the Strongest Creature in the novels?

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
WSM title includes all humans so BM isn't excluded. Kaido is technically an exception but WB has also been referred to as the Strongest Pirate as well as the King of the Seas, which includes Kaido. All things considered, there is little reason to think WB wasn't above Kaido or Big Mom.

WSM title includes all humans so BM isn't excluded. Kaido is technically an exception but WB has also been referred to as the Strongest Pirate as well as the King of the Seas, which includes Kaido. All things considered, there is little reason to think WB wasn't above Kaido or Big Mom.
Why would it include all humans? "Man" not worlds strongest human.

WB and Kaido both have their own set of hype. Some prove WB>Kaido, others prove Kaido>WB. I consider them as 1A and 1B, pick anyone you want and you wont be wrong. However, we are talking about old WB here, prime WB should be above Kaido with a small gap.

I dont know why Big Mom didnt even get the world's strongest female title because we know that a similar title exists. Catarina Devon was called the most dangerous female pirate in the history of Impel Down.

WB has the title of WSM in his prime but he couldn't keep up with this because he's now old. Kaido is still in his prime.
At the end of the day titles are ascribed by folks who are responsible for them and we noticed the fallacy for WSM. Some considered Shirohige the strongest folk but many also considered him and Roger equal instead with Roger never labeled WSM at least to our knowledge :cheers:

IDK. Whitebeard has been referred to both as the "World's Strongest Man" and also as the "World's Strongest Pirate"

Killer also referred to Kaido as the "World's Strongest Pirate" but we generally hear that Kaido is the "World's Strongest Creature"

I think Oda likes to be purposely ambiguous with these titles because he doesn't like power-scaling. And to be honest it makes sense considering in real life it is often difficult to measure how "good" people are at certain things, even in sports we have stats for players and there are still endless debates about who is better/the best.

There is barely any tangible way to determine how "strong" someone is in One Piece. Even the word "strong" is ambiguous.

But yes I would consider BM and Kaido part of the WSM grouping because WB has also been called the WSP. So while he was healthy and alive Whitebeard was #1 in the verse along with Roger.