General & Others So there were no stakes to the “Nothing happened” moment.

Kuma knew Luffy was dragon’s son and the Nika he worships his entire life… there was no way he was going to hand him over to The government

and we have confirmation that Kuma can lie and disobey the government whenever he wants as he was helping the Revs the entire time he was a cyborg.

That means that when he arrived to Capture Luffy, he was lying. He was never going to give Luffy to the government. Meaning Zoro giving himself up for Luffy was a waste of time. Luffy wasn’t actually in danger

Kuma set up the nothing happened moment for shits and giggles because he was really bored or something

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I mean, he still gave Zoro all of Luffy’s pain…intent is one thing, but viewing himself as an ally of the sentient dildo sure as hell didn’t stop him from hitting the guy’s right hand man with the full weight of his captain’s injuries, that part was real even if Kuma was acting on different orders than we originally thought :zorothink:

I mean, he still gave Zoro all of Luffy’s pain…intent is one thing, but viewing himself as an ally of the sentient dildo sure as hell didn’t stop him from hitting the guy’s right hand man with the full weight of his captain’s injuries, that part was real even if Kuma was acting on different orders than we originally thought :zorothink:
But now it doesn’t even make sense that he’s trying to kill his God Nika’s right hand man to begin with

He definitely thought Zoro would die and planned to kill him. Why else remove Luffys pain to give to Zoro?
That’s not what I’m talking about… I’m talking about the fact that Kuma was never going to arrest Luffy at all

so Zoro offering himself up to stop Kuma from Arresting Luffy is a waste of time, since Kuma wouldn’t have done it to begin with

get it?
Post automatically merged:

it doesn’t matter, the reader didn’t know that when they read the chapter so there still was stakes. Just like how there was stakes when Kuma “destroyed” the SHs in Sabaody.
@Monkey D Theories
Oh right so like when Saul was revealed to have been alive, we are supposed to just be fine with that too because “the reader didn’t know that the stakes of the situations were being falsely portrayed when the story was being written at the time”

sure

To establish how weak ZoLo

Luffy's Pain bubble:
- Knock out Kuma (maybe)
- Almost kill ZoLo (mosshead was heavily injured for weeks)

Kuma >>> ZoLo

Summon Z-sissies @Roronoa-sama @ShishioIsBack @Fleet Leader Fenaker etc
Speed reading at its finest.
Kuma was taking the pain of old people who could barely survive a punch.
Zoro took the pain that was enough for Luffy to hit the bucket.

The pain Kuma took won't even wake Zoro up from his nails.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Zoro and Sanji believed their captains life was in danger, that's what matters.

Look at from the characters perspective, not the readers from 15+ years into the future.
From their prespective they needed to beg to enemy to spare their captain because they were too weak only to get rekt a week later by the very same enemy and be sent to some weird island, pathetic.

Kuma knew Luffy was dragon’s son and the Nika he worships his entire life… there was no way he was going to hand him over to The government

and we have confirmation that Kuma can lie and disobey the government whenever he wants as he was helping the Revs the entire time he was a cyborg.

That means that when he arrived to Capture Luffy, he was lying. He was never going to give Luffy to the government. Meaning Zoro giving himself up for Luffy was a waste of time. Luffy wasn’t actually in danger

Kuma set up the nothing happened moment for shits and giggles because he was really bored or something
I mean....if you want to be pedantic, we've known Kuma was good moment he saves the crew 30 chapters later lol....i dont think it changes anything about that scene at all

Oda is retconning. The best example is shanks not having haki and losing his arm to the sea beast. As the story continues and Oda tries to tie up more loose threads you will see more retcons.

I mean....if you want to be pedantic, we've known Kuma was good moment he saves the crew 30 chapters later lol....i dont think it changes anything about that scene at all
No, we knew that Kuma had different motivations… what we knew was that Kuma came to Thriller bark knowing that Luffy was dragon’s son and yet according to him, he was going to arrest him nonetheless until Zoro did what he did

then later we learn that his motivations have turned to literally protecting the strawhats from harm

those are three things he said he was about… At no point are we led to believe Kuma wasn’t serious when he said Luffy’s life was in danger when he attacked the strawhats… we the readers are meant to believe that Zoro SAVED LUFFY’s LIFE… that without Zoro’s deal, Luffy would have gotten arrested

yes we knew Kuma was a former rev and yes we knew that sometime later he decided that his goal was to protect the Strawhats, but we did not know that HE WAS LITERALLY LYING when he started throwing fucking light speed attacks at Zoro… Guys, Kuma and Zoro HAD AN ACUAL FIGHT… Like it was fucking life and death… Kuma was tossing fucking light speed air canons at Zoro’s head… We don’t even know whether Zoro can tank a single attack Kuma was tossing and there were fucking dozens upon dozens of them being shot directly at Zoro’s fucking head to FUCKING KILL ZORO

What we knew before this chapter is that Kuma has multiple motivations and they kept changing from time to time… From capture luffy, to give luffy a chance to survive if Zoro’s resolve is strong enough, to protect the strawhats to protect the sunny… We are led to believe that in the background offscreen something is happening where Kuma is changing motivations for whatever reason

we have never been led to believe that HE WAS FUCKING LYING ABOUT HIS MOTIVATIONS TO BEGIN WITH

Tell me you had ever seen a single person say that Zoro didn’t save Luffy’s life in thriller bark… That actually it was common knowledge in the community that Kuma was just fucking with Zoro and he wasn’t ever actually going to do anything to Luffy

Goddamn fucking Oda apologists fucking annoying