Current Events So who is going to get Nidai Kitetsu?

Who gets Nidai?

• Total voters
H

Haoshoku

It makes too much sense for it not to go to Zoro..

Sandai Kitetsu is in the lowest grade possible for swords and Wado/Enma are both one of the 21 O Wazamono. So it only makes sense that Zoro will pick up the Nidai, which is also the same grade as Enma and Wado Ichimonji, as a much better upgrade over the Sandai. Plus Zoro was interested in it the entire time but never got to actually pick it up, I don’t think Oda is going to leave that plot point untouched.

It makes too much sense for it not to go to Zoro..

Sandai Kitetsu is in the lowest grade possible for swords and Wado/Enma are both one of the 21 O Wazamono. So it only makes sense that Zoro will pick up the Nidai, which is also the same grade as Enma and Wado Ichimonji, as a much better upgrade over the Sandai. Plus Zoro was interested in it the entire time but never got to actually pick it up, I don’t think Oda is going to leave that plot point untouched.
My thoughts exactly. It just fits so perfectly.

The only other swords that are near identical like that are Enma and Ame no Habakiri, and they’re a two sword set. And Shiki’s Swords, another two sword set.
That isn't what I was asking

Is it a fair assessment? Not until we've seen all the Katana thus far and their designs. I won't be collating the evidence as it isn't my point to prove, but I'm confident Tashigi's Shigure and Yubashiri had very similar if not identical hilts too

Furthermore, the signature of the Kitetsu line may not be its hilt or guard, or better yet THE signature hilt/guard may apply to all swords and not just the Kitetsu line by the same swordsmith. It's worth noting Enma was a creation of Kobazuro, yet the paired sword, Ame no Habakiri was made by Tenguyama. Identical swords - different smiths.

It's clear the stylistic element of the craft transcends lineage.

I don't think Zoro's sword will break but your statement is wrong....how does he grow without experiencing set backs...it is like saying Luffy should bid farewell to his dream of becoming PK because he got one shot by Kaido after all the shit he has gone through from saboady....
But Zoro’s Pride is a big deal to him... He was willing to get nearly killed by Mihawk and Kuma for it... That’s why him setting it aside to Big Mihawk to help him was a big deal

So given that having his swords break is a shame on his Swordsman pride, it would require a lot of story maneuvering to redeem Zoro from that...

I for one would’ve been fine with that only if it like happened early in the arc, like how Luffy got one shot, Zoro gets his sword broken... And then the entire arc his him redeeming himself from that... But nope, that’s not it, Zoro’s still been coasting the start of the arc... So now I think it’s too late to make it a big deal... And even you would agree if something like this happened where Zoro gets his sword broken and he’s like “Well oh shit, my sword’s broken, better go and get hat replacement sword Nidai Kitetsu real quick”... That’s I think very bad writing regarding Zoro if he could hand wave that off and we’re too late into the arc for a meaningful story to come from something like that happening... Therefore Zoro’s swords will never break again in the story

I don't think Zoro's sword will break but your statement is wrong....how does he grow without experiencing set backs...it is like saying Luffy should bid farewell to his dream of becoming PK because he got one shot by Kaido after all the shit he has gone through from saboady....
There is a difference. Luffy's goal didn't end cause he was one shot.

Zoro's goal comes to an end as soon as a sword break. Reason being is because he was told by Mihawk the wss that he should make sure his sword never breaks or chips cause that would be a stain on the swords man's pride.

For the example to work on Luffy it would have to be something that would result in his having to abandon his dream. This would be his will breaking and deciding to follow someone.

Luffy, refuses to do that because to him being pk is about freedom and if his will breaks and he follows someone he would have to give up his freedom and thus his goal to become pm.

As we have seen, despite what happened in wano, Luffy's will did not break.

So just like we dont expect Luffy's will to break and follow someone, the same applies to Zoro, we dont expect his sword to break.

How they grow is by preventing themselves from having their will broken or their sword broken.

Last edited:
955 eliminated any immediate case for Zoro leaving Enma back in Wano. He's the only one who can even wield it, and is foreshadowed to turn it black. The moment he does, he has more claim on the sword than anyone. It would be contradictory that Zoro return Shusui which was blackened by Ryuma, only to return a sword he himself blackened. Not to mention it being forged by the same man that crafted the Wado Ichimonji, tying it and Zoro's most important sword, like yin and yang.
Well as it stands now I view Zoro trying to turn Enma into a Black Blade as one of his trials for becoming the WGS. Much in the same way that Luffy is currently going through his trials to become Pirate King.

The point that I'm making is that in my view it's just a test. The idea of him leaving it behind would be to simply show proof of his feat. That this sword was once wielded by the man who became the World's Greatest Swordsman and that despite only being in Wano for a short amount of time he managed to turn it into a Black Blade. Thats the legend that will be passed down after Zoro leaves Wano. Leaving it behind allows him to sort of leave his mark on Wano for the generations to come. Which makes sense when you remember that Zoro wants his name to be known even in Heaven.

I'm only arguing that it'd be fitting.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Well as it stands now I view Zoro trying to turn Enma into a Black Blade as one of his trials for becoming the WGS. Much in the same way that Luffy is currently going through his trials to become Pirate King.

The point that I'm making is that in my view it's just a test. The idea of him leaving it behind would be to simply show proof of his feat. That this sword was once wielded by the man who became the World's Greatest Swordsman and that despite only being in Wano for a short amount of time he managed to turn it into a Black Blade. Thats the legend that will be passed down after Zoro leaves Wano. Leaving it behind allows him to sort of leave his mark on Wano for the generations to come. Which makes sense when you remember that Zoro wants his name to be known even in Heaven.

I'm only arguing that it'd be fitting.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would Zoro leave such a powerful blade back in Wano? That legend can pass on perfectly fine in his hands because he will make his name known throughout the world as the Best Swordsman. And Wano's borders will be opened, thus news of his exploits will reach future generations.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would Zoro leave such a powerful blade back in Wano? That legend can pass on perfectly fine in his hands because he will make his name known throughout the world as the Best Swordsman. And Wano's borders will be opened, thus news of his exploits will reach future generations.

They'd have to look for a new cook to do that after Enma sucks him dry of his haki. :sadgrin:
Were talking about Nidai here:pepeke:

Hopefully Zoro. Just look at how big of a boost trading Shusui for Enma gave to Zoro even though Enma is only a slightly better sword. Sandai is two tiers below Nidai, so getting Nidai might be enough to make Zoro YC1 level.
Post automatically merged:

That isn't what I was asking

Is it a fair assessment? Not until we've seen all the Katana thus far and their designs. I won't be collating the evidence as it isn't my point to prove, but I'm confident Tashigi's Shigure and Yubashiri had very similar if not identical hilts too

Furthermore, the signature of the Kitetsu line may not be its hilt or guard, or better yet THE signature hilt/guard may apply to all swords and not just the Kitetsu line by the same swordsmith. It's worth noting Enma was a creation of Kobazuro, yet the paired sword, Ame no Habakiri was made by Tenguyama. Identical swords - different smiths.

It's clear the stylistic element of the craft transcends lineage.
Checked the wiki and no other Meito has the same pattern as Sandai, Nidai, and Gorosei sword/Shodai