Episode Discussion So wtf is wrong with Toei and the people approving this?

Like honestly. This absurdly oversaturated animation with an overload of special effects and color, coupled with the caricatural appearance of the characters, stretched out through filler content, to display very simple and minimalistic manga scenes. I'm not watching the anime for that specific reason, but wonder

1) wtf is Toei doing and
2) why tf do people enjoy that bullcrap?

:risicheck:
I agree that some frames are over the top, still this trend was for whole cake island too, Oda want this in the anime, Toei is following what Oda want.

Still the fluidity of the fight was super fine, loved every clash, I hope they will improve a bit the haki effect but overhall was the best episode in OP

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
The Wano staff have completely missed what made Zoro fights so legendary. Their bright colors and fluid animation looks pretty, but is still behind the good old days.
:josad:
Every time someone posts this shit as something that looks good I realize that most people here don't have animation literacy. This is fucking SHIT animation lmfao. The first and last gifs are like 4 fucking frames repeated and the middle one isn't anything at all. What is this man come on

Last edited:
Every time someone posts this shit as something that looks good I realize that most people here don't have animation literacy. This is fucking SHIT animation lmfao. The first and second gifs are like 4 fucking frames repeated and the middle one isn't anything at all. What is this man come on
I never said the animation was better. We all know that the current animation is objectively superior, doesn't mean it fits the style of OP any better.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
I never said the animation was better. We all know that the current animation is objectively superior, doesn't mean it fits the style of OP any better.
But the scale since then has increased. None of Zoro's fights are like that anymore. What we got in the latest episode is closer to the current manga than those old scenes are.

Every time someone posts this shit as something that looks good I realize that most people here don't have animation literacy. This is fucking SHIT animation lmfao. The first and last gifs are like 4 fucking frames repeated and the middle one isn't anything at all. What is this man come on
I think they’re talking about art style not animation.

Cause although Zoro vs Kings animation is objectively better, it really doesn’t fit the vibe of one piece. It honestly felt more like a high budget DBZ style fight (not that that’s a bad thing at all)

And even the manga fight didn’t match the kind of stuff we saw in Zoro vs king anime fight.

But the scale since then has increased. None of Zoro's fights are like that anymore. What we got in the latest episode is closer to the current manga than those old scenes are.
They exaggerated it big time. The Zoro vs King fight in the manga wasn't even close to the scale the anime portrayed it to be

King was portrayed like a final villain in an anime game.

toddler spectacle of lights for a toddler character fanbase

idk, seems kinda staple thing for Zoro fights. Toei knows that Zorofans are attracted to bright lights. I think Toei has enough of data that shows them which fanbases react to bright, aura colors.

There is a reason why underage fan fav characters like Zoro, Kaido and Luffy have colors flashing most of the time in their fights
and why characters with a more mature fanbase like Admirals, Sanji, Law don't have auras/colors.

1 needs constant stimulation or they get bored and think attacks are weak
others look at the story, choreography, fluidity

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
I think they’re talking about art style not animation.

Cause although Zoro vs Kings animation is objectively better, it really doesn’t fit the vibe of one piece. It honestly felt more like a high budget DBZ style fight (not that that’s a bad thing at all)

And even the manga fight didn’t match the kind of stuff we saw in Zoro vs king anime fight.
They exaggerated it big time. The Zoro vs King fight in the manga wasn't even close to the scale the anime portrayed it to be

King was portrayed like a final villain in an anime game.
They 100% did exaggerate it in comparison to the manga, but when people say that the newer episodes don't look like One Piece i posit that they are closer to the current form of one piece than the older stuff is. The older stuff doesn't look like One Piece anymore either but people say its better than the new animation, its just nostalgia imo

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
toddler spectacle of lights for a toddler character fanbase

idk, seems kinda staple thing for Zoro fights. Toei knows that Zorofans are attracted to bright lights. I think Toei has enough of data that shows them which fanbases react to bright, aura colors.

There is a reason why underage fan fav characters like Zoro, Kaido and Luffy have colors flashing most of the time in their fights
and why characters with a more mature fanbase like Admirals, Sanji, Law don't have auras/colors.

1 needs constant stimulation or they get bored and think attacks are weak
others look at the story, choreography, fluidity
''my fanbase is mature bro we don't like auras they put them in zoro fights cause they like'em''
anime:

They 100% did exaggerate it in comparison to the manga, but when people say that the newer episodes don't look like One Piece i posit that they are closer to the current form of one piece than the older stuff is. The older stuff doesn't look like One Piece anymore either but people say its better than the new animation, its just nostalgia imo
They’re not close to current one piece. Look at 1061 and 1062. Which of these two felt more like a one piece episode? One piece has always been a grounded anime.