Episode Discussion So wtf is wrong with Toei and the people approving this?

Toei thinks auras and oversaturated animation attracts audiences.

And damn, it works.
I hate how right they are. At the end is all people's fault. Since WCI when they were complaining about animation after seeing Kimetsu no Yaiba. WCI animation was just One Piece style.
Post automatically merged:

1) wtf is Toei doing and
2) why tf do people enjoy that bullcrap?
First of all thanks for pointing out. I'm complaning about it since Wano began and only recently it seems that more people are starting to realize how bad current animation is.

Toei is doing DBS shit and people are liking it. Can't really explain why.

It's alright, it's common for something in the animation of a 20-minute episode to not please you, that's nothing out of the ordinary. However, the animation also has its strong points at certain moments.

Damn the level of animation :crazwhat:

They exaggerated it big time. The Zoro vs King fight in the manga wasn't even close to the scale the anime portrayed it to be

King was portrayed like a final villain in an anime game.
King is that guy :myman:

There is a reason why underage fan fav characters like Zoro, Kaido and Luffy have colors flashing most of the time in their fights
and why characters with a more mature fanbase like Admirals, Sanji, Law don't have auras/colors.
:suresure::seriously:

From what I get , those who like zoro/King enjoyed it and those who don't hated it :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
It was a great episode, first one I've really enjoyed since the rooftop. However, they are relying too much on flashy color effects. It gets annoying with the overkill. I enjoyed the dialoge the most. I think they did good overall, and Zoro was appropriately epic, and King was showcased well too. I hope Law (with a bit of aide from Kidd) vs Big Mom is done as well as this episode was.

Some people really want Zoro just having basic ass animation. Only traditional sword fight, meanwhile one piece itself entering mythical area with the enemies/opponents. Of course Zoro going to have over the top animation from now on.

It's like one piece literally entering marvel end game type shit. But this fuckers want Zoro become basic ass marvel Hawkeye. Only shoot normal arrows.

Only a few clashes
Doesn't even compares to the manga tho
Bro, there was literally zero choreography in those manga clashes.

And I'm not saying that as exaggeration, I'm saying it was literally just 'atatatata' type panels in the manga. Your making it out like it had intense choreography, when there was literally nothing there.

These are the clashes in question.

The anime 100% improved on that shit.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

And I'm not saying that as exaggeration, I'm saying it was literally just 'atatatata' type panels in the manga. Your making it out like it had intense choreography, when there was literally nothing there.

The last chapter was dogshit in the manga, what choreography are people talking about lmao. Bunch of static panels with ugly impact marks covering the whole page.

The last chapter was dogshit in the manga, what choreography are people talking about lmao. Bunch of static panels with ugly impact marks covering the whole page.
Oda seriously needs to go back to his older work where he more intentionally balanced blacks and whites. If you go back to early one piece you'll see tons more free white space on the panels to balance out the blacks to give panels and pages space to breathe. He seems to have nearly lost that skill post time skip.

because most of the time his action is pretty much incoherent due to how dark and scratchy his panels have gotten.

Like in those panels above, there isn't any breathing room in any of them created by whites, its just incredibly dark and is as a result a bit messy to read.(also the panelling is just really cluttered)

I know the manga looks ugly tho, that was not my point

My point was: Big and flashy stuff over raw melee combat

Wow, sword clash number 3 followed by cubes and a huge explosions where characters take no damage

They even made King a beyblade

Last edited:
I know the manga looks ugly tho, that was not my point

My point was: Big and flashy stuff over raw melee combat

Wow, sword clash number 3 followed by cubes and a huge explosion were characters take no damage

They even made King a beyblade to compensate
Yeah, but there is a good deal of raw melee, they blended that in with flashier action since one piece melee combat is not the most interesting without spectacle(and that has always been the case). Hell, something the manga did a ton more pre than post time skip was emphasize how devastating their attacs were n the environment. This happened all the time after nearly every attack for the major fights pre-time skip.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Oda seriously needs to go back to his older work where he more intentionally balanced blacks and whites. If you go back to early one piece you'll see tons more free white space on the panels to balance out the blacks to give panels and pages space to breathe. He seems to have nearly lost that skill post time skip.

because most of the time his action is pretty much incoherent due to how dark and scratchy his panels have gotten.

Like in those panels above, there isn't any breathing room in any of them created by whites, its just incredibly dark and is as a result a bit messy to read.(also the panelling is just really cluttered)
He really only did this for Luffy vs Katakuri, which is why the anime nearly did a 1:1 of the chapter. (Gear 2/3 Luffy vs Kaidou was also great)

For King vs Zoro they didn't have too much to work with, they almost had to create their own little fight because of how bad it was.

Like honestly. This absurdly oversaturated animation with an overload of special effects and color, coupled with the caricatural appearance of the characters, stretched out through filler content, to display very simple and minimalistic manga scenes. I'm not watching the anime for that specific reason, but wonder

1) wtf is Toei doing and
2) why tf do people enjoy that bullcrap?

:risicheck:
Unfortunately the majority is eating up crap like this.
Never understood how OP anime has so many vocal hate watchers.
Surely it must be for a good reason.

Last edited: