Powers & Abilities Soot Soot No Mi : Karasu DF

What is this DF ?

• Total voters
i thought it was a japanese word.Google Translate answered me.
I'm sorry for being a sarcastic dick, I just couldn't resist :(
Post automatically merged:

There's the obvious, sending blasts of soot to blow projectiles and opponents away, and choking and suffocating, whether through plaguing the air, stuffing soot directly down people's throats, or sending clouds of concentrated soot to assail them, etc. Soot is sticky and, or at least can be, flammable.

We don't know how this devil fruit works exactly, but the user could scatter themselves through displaced soot or just pop up out of soot they've sent out, allowing for what is effectively teleportation. They can camouflage themselves and cause a visibility-lowering haze in the air, create dust storms, produce sooty whirlwinds, and so on, all very useful stealth, dodging and distractive applications.

I don't know how soot interacts with electricity, but it is a good heat insulator, and is used in the vulcanization of rubber. Soot also, when covering snow and ice, lowers it's albedo, or in other words, draws in more heat, causing quicker melting.

It is corrosive to materials such as metal and wood, and permeates these surfaces, which COULD allow Karasu some degree of control over them (or, getting a bit off-topic, things like clouds), if Oda chooses to go that direction. Soot could also gunk up and effectively disable technologies such as den den mushis, firearms, artillery, cyborgs, vehicles, mechanical constructs, battle suits, bubble tech, jetpacks, and so on, and weaken weapons, such as blades.

If the whole environmental alteration logia awakening thing is true, than it allow users to indefinitely pollute their surroundings with lung-damaging, cancerous particles. With or without an awakening, Karasu could also pollute bodies of water, making him deadly against those who try to fight or flee in the ocean, or he could trigger an accumulation of so much soot that enemy ships are slowed down and even damaged. Soot can slow down/disrupt photosynthesis (? / green bull) and cause acid rain.

Karasu might be able to "walk on water" using soot, but I'm not completely sure about that. Additionally, when I was looking up some stuff to make this post, I saw an article about scientists producing electricity by evaporating water from a chunk of soot. I didn't read into the article, but that's something that might be able to be incorporated into the toolbox of techniques that the soot soot fruit can grant it's user. I'm just a lazy google-brained chucklefuck, so feel free to correct/tear down any bullshit here, I just wanna hype up my boy and come up with a bunch of different possibilities for this dope-ass DF.

Last edited: