Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said something many chapters ago and, now that Wano is over, I guess I was spot on.
"Wano" is completely "separate" from the rest of the story.
The themes that Wano tries to explore and how Oda develops them go in complete opposite directions with other things established in the story.
"Wano" feels like Oda's little "break" from One Piece and trying to write something "different".
It stops being "One Piece" and starts becoming "Oda's own Japan wank fiesta" for better or worse.
The "Kurozumi" thing is just a straw in a sea of contradictions.
Don't forget Whitebeard going "nah, Oden's already dead. can't do anything about that now. Won't go after Kaido".
Remember when Arlong's futuresight sister couldn't tell how long in the future shit would happen, and then, in Wano, a child version of her said that Poseidon would be born in 10 years exactly? LMAO.

A person telling me they like "Wano" as a standalone arc is perfectly fine. But if they say that they like Wano as a "One Piece arc", now that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, ngl.
Don't the twittertards rating it a 10/10 arc
:denzimote:

this kurozumi shit is really just the nail in the coffin for the mess the resolution of this arc was
kaido and big mom essentially meeting their end in some offscreen magma explosion ( it appears they were indirectly murdered)
zoro's dynasty and visit to ryuma's grave wasnt explored .. like at all
yamato barked so much about leaving , her character didnt develop at all and she ended up staying anyway.....

if carrot hops on the ship , joins the strawhats after having 1 chapter dedicated to her getting off screened by perospero , theres nothing left for me to say.

this kurozumi shit is really just the nail in the coffin for the mess the resolution of this arc was
kaido and big mom essentially meeting their end in some offscreen magma explosion ( it appears they were indirectly murdered)
zoro's dynasty and visit to ryuma's grave wasnt explored .. like at all
yamato barked so much about leaving , her character didnt develop at all and she ended up staying anyway.....

if carrot hops on the ship , joins the strawhats after having 1 chapter dedicated to her getting off screened by perospero , theres nothing left for me to say.
Flashbacks and Yamato cover story:suresure:

:chirstsad:

D

Deleted member 33823

It'd be ironic if Hiyori did plan a takeover of the Shogun seat in order to ensure a Kurozumi purge would mirror the Kurozumi's who she hates. Having multiple heirs to any form of leadership is always ensured to end badly.

No, man. Normally authors leave some chapters ready for Shonen Jump. It was stated by someone that they still haven't released the chapters made by Oda after the break. That's what I'm asking about.
Oda is definitely not that far ahead in schedule because I remember a editor dropping a picture of Oda drawing chapter 900 two weeks before it officially dropped stating he was drawing "right now".

Status
Not open for further replies.