Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tomorrow there's the Disney investor day. We might get a few announcement about new SW series. Either that or in January after Mando S2 is over.
Post automatically merged:

LUCASFILM
Disney not only announced that roughly 10 Star Wars series are coming to Disney Plus, but it also gave some early details about a few of those series and other Star Wars projects. Additionally, the final Indiana Jones is now in pre-production and will be released in July 2022.

STAR WARS DISNEY PLUS SERIES

STAR WARS MOVIES
  • Wonder Woman 1984’s Patty Jenkins will be directing the next Star Wars movie, Rogue Squadron, due out in December 2023.
  • Disney also discussed the untitled Taika Waititi Star Wars movie, first announced in May, that had already been in development
Here are all the new Marvel, Star Wars, and other projects Disney announced at its investor day

I have no idea if I should just cream my pants at the staggering amount of shit they announced (Ahsoka, yeah!, Obi Wan with the return of Hayden Christensen! Lando!) or if I should be scared shitless because they simply went from milking movies to milking series and they simply got lucky with Mandalorian because they had Favreau and Filoni and now are just gonna fuck up everything.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Tomorrow there's the Disney investor day. We might get a few announcement about new SW series. Either that or in January after Mando S2 is over.
Post automatically merged:

LUCASFILM
Disney not only announced that roughly 10 Star Wars series are coming to Disney Plus, but it also gave some early details about a few of those series and other Star Wars projects. Additionally, the final Indiana Jones is now in pre-production and will be released in July 2022.

STAR WARS DISNEY PLUS SERIES

STAR WARS MOVIES
  • Wonder Woman 1984’s Patty Jenkins will be directing the next Star Wars movie, Rogue Squadron, due out in December 2023.
  • Disney also discussed the untitled Taika Waititi Star Wars movie, first announced in May, that had already been in development
Here are all the new Marvel, Star Wars, and other projects Disney announced at its investor day

I have no idea if I should just cream my pants at the staggering amount of shit they announced (Ahsoka, yeah!, Obi Wan with the return of Hayden Christensen! Lando!) or if I should be scared shitless because they simply went from milking movies to milking series and they simply got lucky with Mandalorian because they had Favreau and Filoni and now are just gonna fuck up everything.
Having shows on obi wan or Ashoka is cool but at the same time I m afraid, hope they will be good

Having shows on obi wan or Ashoka is cool but at the same time I m afraid, hope they will be good
Yeah, I'm scared they're gonna fuck up again... Let's hope for the best.

BTW, I just noticed that there is nothing about Boba Fett while we had multiple rumors about Boba getting his own series... I wonder if that means something with regard to the Mandalorian.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned they absolutely NEED to nail Ahsoka and Kenobi. Bad Batch, Andor and Lando can be great bonuses. Don't really care about the rest.

Last edited:
I'm going to choose the second option, scared shitless :emohiyo:

Clearly they want to get a lot of money out of SW, and they realised shitty movies ain't going to cut it, so they switched to constant Disney+ content. What a nightmare.

We'll always have Mando at least <3

The CIS really could have won the Clone Wars without Darth Sidious and Dooku's schemes to eternalize the war and give more powers to Sidious so he could become emperor in the end. The CIS had a vaster army and fleet, their military industry was far larger and more widespread than the Republic making it extremely difficult to neutralize it while the production of clones, ships and land vehicules were centered on far less numerous planets such as Kamino for the production of clone soldiers and specialized units, Rothanna for the production of military vehicules and Kuat for the production of Star Destroyers and other heavy ships.

Which means that had the separatists not being held back by the Sith they could have maimed the Republic's war effort by frequently targeting these worlds which would have done far more damage to the Great Army of the Republic that the taking of an equivalent or even superior number of separatist industrial worlds.

Also a good portion of the Droid Army was kept in reserve on Dooku's orders and had these reserves been unleashed the CIS could have overflew the Republic on several fronts. Also the Sith also sacrificied several of the separatist's best tactical and strategic minds such as Sev'rance Tann, Merai or Pors Tonith. And when the separatists produced a droid or ship class that could have been sufficient enough to give the edge to the CIS Sidious would secretly give away the plans or locations of production of these droids or ships as seen with the CB3 Cortosis Droid :

The CIS really could have won the Clone Wars without Darth Sidious and Dooku's schemes to eternalize the war and give more powers to Sidious so he could become emperor in the end. The CIS had a vaster army and fleet, their military industry was far larger and more widespread than the Republic making it extremely difficult to neutralize it while the production of clones, ships and land vehicules were centered on far less numerous planets such as Kamino for the production of clone soldiers and specialized units, Rothanna for the production of military vehicules and Kuat for the production of Star Destroyers and other heavy ships.

Which means that had the separatists not being held back by the Sith they could have maimed the Republic's war effort by frequently targeting these worlds which would have done far more damage to the Great Army of the Republic that the taking of an equivalent or even superior number of separatist industrial worlds.

Also a good portion of the Droid Army was kept in reserve on Dooku's orders and had these reserves been unleashed the CIS could have overflew the Republic on several fronts. Also the Sith also sacrificied several of the separatist's best tactical and strategic minds such as Sev'rance Tann, Merai or Pors Tonith. And when the separatists produced a droid or ship class that could have been sufficient enough to give the edge to the CIS Sidious would secretly give away the plans or locations of production of these droids or ships as seen with the CB3 Cortosis Droid :
Wasn't it stated in Rebels that the CIS would've won the war?

Probably because they don't want to recanonize a good chunk of the EU after wiping it out thus admitting it was a wrong move. :suresure:

That's why they created the High Republic.

Still, I think at some point they'll do OR stuff.
That's especially ridiculous and outrageous given all the cool and rich lore and awesome characters of the Old Republic era such as Revan, Darth Nihilus or Darth Malgus.

That's especially ridiculous and outrageous given all the cool and rich lore and awesome characters of the Old Republic era such as Revan, Darth Nihilus or Darth Malgus.
If I were running SW for myself only here's what I would have done

1) Keep the EU canon and expand it
2) Keep filling gaps around the prequel trilogy with SMALLER (in terms of budget, not quality!) stuff like Clone Wars, Rebels, Kenobi TV series, new books
3) Focus the big $$$ (i.e., new cinematic trilogies) on the Old Republic.

The problem is that a lot of the old fans wanted to see the OGs one more time. So if were Disney I would've added a 2.5) step.

2.5) Tell the fans that while the EU timeline *is* canon you're going to make a one-off exception by taking the original Thrawn Trilogy and adapting it for a cinematic trilogy that takes place 35 years after ROTJ to make it more aligned to the time that passed in the real world. Basically that's a one-off special event to say goodbye to the old guys before moving on to the Old Republic.

And if they wanted more creative freedom they could have still kept EU intact and simply jump 500 years into the future after episode VI and take it from there.

Its shame that they don't in general focus more on the sith's.If you don't want use anicent sith's,then fuck it give us young Darth Sidious and his master(also introduce his master Darth Tenebrous) series.Would be much more cool if they focused on the dark side.