Controversial Stop Making ONE PIECE Political!

Politic

• Watermelon?

• Blame TheAncientCenturian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Obito was redeemed in naruto despite him murdering as much if not more then piccolo
Same goes with shadow the hedgehog in the sonic games

And even greed from fma brotherhood was
And that's not something you will ever see in One Piece, because murder is actually seeing as a close deal. You will get a redemption sure, but outside the boundaries of the stories and the main even of characters.

Kratos is a bad guy and kills innocents when they stand in his way
Sorry I don't know about Kratos, but the absence of political message is ALSO a political message ;)
Its a fatalist vision on life. But looking at what the games are from afar, I can see at least one or two political and strong social message without even taking the time to play the game.
A character making choices does not mean it's proof of how author's think people should act
Well.. technically you are right. What I'm doing here is a generalization, sometimes the story is dark and the character is meant to go into a darker abyss. In that case the character will make the choice to take the wrong political pass.

THe thing you are forgetting is that it will ALWAYS and i'm serious when I say ALWAYS.. be depicted as a BAD thing to do.

For example in Star Wars Rots. Anakin chooses a dark path. This is indeed projecting the character into the abyss. But this is also portrayed as the BAD thing to do. The wrong choice, the apocalyptic one.

Some stories can be gray, but even then, there will be one positive political message. Either by depiction or by the choices of the characters.

Also. The importance of the political message does not lie in the status of the character (for example, Dexter (from the series) is a serial Killer, he should be considered a bad guy). The political message lies into the CHOICES of the character (the fact that dexter only choose to act on monsters and make morally good choices)

however it was a theme and it didt take up all the show's run time
No, it was not only a theme, it was a political message also. The theme of racism and the philosophical debate about racism literally glues the ENTIRE Xmen movie. (the first and second)

There was elements other then the politics as it's not a poltitical manifesto, it's a show meant for entertainment
It was as political as Andor, you can't get more political than Xmen 1
It was ALL OVER the movie. In fact this is an exemple were the political message is an really engaged one. One that is understanding the problematic of systemic issues.

If every social relation can be seen as poltitical then nothing is poltitical
Not "every relations", >> every social CHOICES and VISIONS regarding social and public affair.

In short, talking with your friend is not political. What is, is the fact that thinking that social interaction are a social necessity for human life. You need to really udnerstand the distinction. The political is related to the values and the choices of humans about life and socialrelationships.

No, it was not only a theme, it was a political message also. The theme of racism and the philosophical debate about racism literally glues the ENTIRE Xmen movie. (the first and second)

I was speaking on the classic cartoon version

hence why the term show was made

maybe the movie was more direct about the idea of racism
cant say for certain as have not watched the flim in a good bit

Well.. technically you are right. What I'm doing here is a generalization, sometimes the story is dark and the character is meant to go into a darker abyss. In that case the character will make the choice to take the wrong political pass.

THe thing you are forgetting is that it will ALWAYS and i'm serious when I say ALWAYS.. be depicted as a BAD thing to do.

For example in Star Wars Rots. Anakin chooses a dark path. This is indeed projecting the character into the abyss. But this is also portrayed as the BAD thing to do. The wrong choice, the apocalyptic one.
Yea anakin's path towards the darkness was one highlighted by fear of loss
Something he feared, The message of the flims was that it's best not to let your emotions control you

yoda said that pretty well to anakin

and him not listening meant the death of the jedi order and the start of the galactic empire

Its a fatalist vision on life. But looking at what the games are from afar, I can see at least one or two political and strong social message without even taking the time to play the game.
he is haunted by the mistakes of his past and in the newer games aims to be better

it's a series about kratos and his slow descent to villainy
he kills his wife and child not knowing that they were among the people at athens

so he serves the gods in hopes of easing his pain by erasing his memories
however what kratos learns is that, you cant erase your past or change it

you can only be better by ending the cycle of violence, he learned that much later after the greek saga

I was speaking on the classic cartoon version
Oh my bad.

he is haunted by the mistakes of his past and in the newer games aims to be better

it's a series about kratos and his slow descent to villainy
he kills his wife and child not knowing that they were among the people at athens

so he serves the gods in hopes of easing his pain by erasing his memories
however what kratos learns is that, you cant erase your past or change it

you can only be better by ending the cycle of violence, he learned that much later after the greek saga
Which aligns with what I'm saying

and yet oda drew her with the other women in a color spread
Which perfectly logical for a gender fluid person. I don't think Yamato is trans either.

stfu please

You lost, quit injecting your personal politics its dumb as shit
You forgot to be nice this morning or what ?

No politics in this, Yamato sometimes identifies as a boy and sometimes as a girl, it's simple. This is what being gender fluid means. No big fuzz here, relax mate.