Who is Superior and in Which Stats?

• Mihawk (swordsmanship and haki)

• Mihawk (swordsmanship alone)

• Mihawk (haki alone)

• Shanks (swordsmanship and haki)

• Shanks (swordsmanship alone)

• Shanks (haki alone)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mihawk being a superior swordsman than Shanks as the actual translation means he has better sword technique than Shanks, stronger Ryou than Shanks and stronger CoC coating than Shanks

@Red Admiral @comrade
Because these are fundamentals of swordsmanship

Among other stats like physical strength which is highly emphasized
Speed
Mihawk seems to have significantly stronger CoO as well but that's cuz he's Hawk eyes
so just one question
if we saw Mihawk CoC and it was less impressive than 1055

what then?
a short answer is enough

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Putting the words of Koushirou under perspective - he's a swordsman in East Blue from Wano heritage who has never seen a CoC user in his lifetime. Even Wano citizens haven't, outside of Oden & (very possibly) Ryuma. They don't really know what Conquerors haki is.

For example, Ashura Doji sees Luffy unconsciously knock out fodders after Kaido one-shot him and calls that "Oden-sama's trick".
Kiku sees Luffy knock out Beast Pirate goons using conquerors as they go into Bakura town to save Otama in act 1 and is stunned looking at that.
Kozuki Oden, a CoC using swordsman from the land of Wano where flowing CoA/Ryou is commonplace, has no idea what he was hit with after Roger sends him flying with one Conquerors attack. He sees Newgate & Roger clash without touching at all and is stunned at what he sees, and has no idea what they are using.

Later he comes back out of his journey being much stronger than what he was before by learning what he couldn't in Wano - the ability to infuse his attacks with Conquerors -> scarring Kaido feat. And even he couldn't forge a Kokuto in his lifetime, which Ryuma & (most likely) Mihawk accomplished.

It's pretty clear that infusing one's blade with conquerors haki is a necessity for anyone who wants to reach the pinnacle of swordsmanship. Forging a kokuto as a feat comes even after that most likely given what the sample space we have indicates (Oden, Zoro). And in that way, Cinera is right.

Koushirou was only talking from what he & his ancestors know, they don't even know the existence of a stronger form of Haki in some select, gifted individuals so that's what his knowledge is limited by.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
"swordsmanship is all about haki"
I was going to type No it isnt
but the strongest ones need to have really strong haki .
if it was all about haki luffy technically should be a master swordsman.
I think it's a misunderstanding. There is a subtle difference b/w saying "swordsmanship is all about Haki" and saying "Haki is all about swordsmanship." I don't agree with the statement completely but he's not necessarily wrong completely. If he said Haki is all about swordsmanship then we can use the Luffy argument.

So, what aspect of Zoro became more refined b/w chapters 1009 and 1035 that made him go from being a swordsman to a master swordsman?
Let me ask you, what did Zoro say to Hiyori in regards to being injured in his fight with Killer?

Up until Zoro got injured, there was no named attacks being used, no haki.... Just them going at it with bladed weapons...

What was it again that Zoro said it was his own lack of, that got him injured?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Let me ask you, what did Zoro say to Hiyori in regards to being injured in his fight with Killer?

Up until Zoro got injured, there was no named attacks being used, no haki.... Just them going at it with bladed weapons...

Zoro beat killer with a pre skip sword skill and haki

54 people believe Mihawk can surpass Shanks Haki

Shanks as of now has THE BEST on screen Haki feat. his feats humbles Roger, Whitebeard and Kaido ...
Mihawk as of now has close to non on screen Haki feat

damn it
back then Shanks fandom was the party of hopes and fate
Mihawk fandom surpassed us in that ... ONLY

Why did you ignore his question than asked another question.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
you are acting as if haki defines power level when it doesn't,
It does among swordsmen.

also, the black blade has never been portrayed to be a CoC feat,
Zoro's Haoshoku blooming in Wano suggests that it is.
  • Zoro's "Kingly ambitions"
    • King thought him a contender for the throne of the Pirate King
  • Zoro needed to unlock Haoshoku to tame Enma
    • It was Haoshoku that allowed Oden to wield Enma as if it were as light as a feather
  • Zoro unlocking Haoshoku coating
  • "King of Hell"
  • Zoro's statement that he will become "the King of Hell"

nor is it even confirmed that mihawk made yoru black.
Black Blades are not forged that way. Master Swordsmen need to forge their blades black.

Someone made Yoru black, and the most likely culprit is Mihawk.

The ending of Wano may have been a great let down but I’ll be forever grateful for the arc giving us ACoC using King of Hell Zoro in it.

Zoro’s biggest powerup since Asura being CoC is a balm to my soul and provides endless hours of fun watching the slabbering ravings of people trying to pretend it‘s meaningless. Zoro the Hakiman, just like Shanks. Delightful stuff