Tech Stuff

I think people who're totally new in the world of programming find it difficult to follow the usage of technical terms that YouTubers use while teaching languages. I mean when they say words like Syntax, High-level language, variable, etc. Newbies have no idea what they're talking about and will have to do a quick research on the term being used which in turn may lead towards something else and it takes forever to complete a simple 15-minute tutorial. That's why I wish to know if I should learn some basics? Or am I digging too much into unnecessary stuff?
I agree with @Nidai_Kitetsu

For me personally I attempted to learn Pyhton and got my @$$ handed to me, but I think that comes down to what I know already and Python was just totally different from the other languages, if your learning from scratch I think you should be golden.

Languages : HTML, C#, JavaScript (not the best), SWIFT (Learning).

I think people who're totally new in the world of programming find it difficult to follow the usage of technical terms that YouTubers use while teaching languages. I mean when they say words like Syntax, High-level language, variable, etc. Newbies have no idea what they're talking about and will have to do a quick research on the term being used which in turn may lead towards something else and it takes forever to complete a simple 15-minute tutorial. That's why I wish to know if I should learn some basics? Or am I digging too much into unnecessary stuff?
You dont need to learn any basics, Start with a good youtube video first. Blindly follow what that guy is saying, write what he is writing and try to run programs. Running a program by writing the code yourself is the key. If you just watch a tutorial or read a book, you will learn nothing without practice. Once you finish a basic tutorial series in youtube, you can read a book to know more.

H

Homelander

Data structure and algorithms are the key to be good coder . There is no short cut whether you can be good in coding or not .

Practise is the key !!!

programming language requires good skill set on how you apply your logic and optimize the code .

Consider the real time system which requires dynamic run time memory rather than static .

Now you have a file system hat has parent process id and child id the threads are inherited from a root node . Most of the logic used in linux are on hash mappping . As a programmer hashing was fun to play with basically .
Post automatically merged:

You dont need to learn any basics, Start with a good youtube video first. Blindly follow what that guy is saying, write what he is writing and try to run programs. Running a program by writing the code yourself is the key. If you just watch a tutorial or read a book, you will learn nothing without practice. Once you finish a basic tutorial series in youtube, you can read a book to know more.
Well that is acceptable might add person know how flowchart , pseudo codes are written . Its easy to implement if you write in simple english .

Basic Brute force method is standard way to solve the coding question and then learn to optimize the solution fro any given problem .

Key to be God software Engineer :

1. Learn Dynamic Programming
2. Time and Space complexity.
3. bugless code
4. Good Tester

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogard

You can't win
I think before even thinking about programming, you need these skills

- Good with logic
- Modeling knowledge
- Algorithm knowledge
- Pseudo-Code

After this, you can learn the way a programming language is written. If you have the skills mentioned above, you shouldn't have issues understanding a language, no matter which language it is

I'd say for a beginner, python is actually easy to understand because it gives some liberties, like no need of declaring the type of a variable before using it. However, you should pay attention to the indentation while coding, but nowadays most IDE take care of this, so shouldn't be a problem

It also has a vast array of library, helping you in using what you want when you have the necessary knowledge. There are many tutorial videos currently on youtube, helping you in the task, especially as far as Python is concerned

Well that is acceptable might add person know how flowchart , pseudo codes are written . Its easy to implement if you write in simple english .

Basic Brute force method is standard way to solve the coding question and then learn to optimize the solution fro any given problem .

Key to be God software Engineer :

1. Learn Dynamic Programming
2. Time and Space complexity.
3. bugless code
4. Good Tester
In my opinion, those are not necessary for a newbie. It's perfectly fine if he writes unoptimized and inefficient loops and functions in the beginning. Actually, I am not sure how much efficient codes matter for python.

Yes of course. But I suggest you starting off with C++ since you can operate on many programming systems much easier once you got used and comfortable with it, Python being no exception.
Thats not a good idea in my opinion. C++ is difficult to learn compared to python. Try to print hello world with C++ and python, that will tell you everything. Most guys dont make it till pointers while learning C.

I have heard C++14 is easier than old C++, I dont know much about C++14 myself.

Bogard

You can't win
Thats not a good idea in my opinion. C++ is difficult to learn compared to python. Try to print hello world with C++ and python, that will tell you everything. Most guys dont make it till pointers while learning C.

I agree, c++ is actually harder to learn for a beginner than python. Python makes variable declaration easier, there are no need of semi-colons at the end, unlike c++, you also don't need to call a library to print something. Actually they made it easy for beginners. Of course, it depends on how far you want to go with the language, but for a beginner, i also recommand python

I agree, c++ is actually harder to learn for a beginner than python. Python makes variable declaration easier, there are no need of semi-colons at the end, unlike c++, you also don't need to call a library to print something. Actually they made it easy for beginners. Of course, it depends on how far you want to go with the language, but for a beginner, i also recommand python
Yeah, my experience is everything in python is easier, no need to create a main function, no need of semicolons after every line. Handling arrays is much easier, think of passing arrays as function arguments in C++. The only thing I hate about python is indentation

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Oh well I started programming by learning C++ and had no particular difficulties by learning the language. Maybe I truly stand up to the degree I undertook and am a computer freak xd

H

Homelander

In my opinion, those are not necessary for a newbie. It's perfectly fine if he writes unoptimized and inefficient loops and functions in the beginning. Actually, I am not sure how much efficient codes matter for python.

I guess you are right. I would say python is good for newbs who wish to learn programming language without hurdle.

To be fair i faced hurdle when learning c++especially when i was working on implementing heavy code designs.

I would say if a programmer master c/c++ he can master any language.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I guess you are right. I would say python is good for newbs who wish to learn programming language without hurdle.

To be fair i faced hurdle when learning c++especially when i was working on implementing heavy code designs.

I would say if a programmer master c/c++ he can master any language.
Yes the last sentence was my point. It's what they taught me during my first lesson lol.

F

Fallen Prince

Apparantly the idiots are more vocal these days and due to social media, can spread the false rumors easier than before
It has fuelled fear . The notion started with 5G rumors were there long time.

There is guy name David Icke who started this anti 5g movement year ago. There is trend with anti science movement in europe because of the rise in far right movement.

I fear we might see more anti science movement because of corona.

It has fuelled fear . The notion started with 5G rumors were there long time.

There is guy name David Icke who started this anti 5g movement year ago. There is trend with anti science movement in europe because of the rise in far right movement.

I fear we might see more anti science movement because of corona.
Yeah, the flat-earthers and anti-science people have been gaining momentum in last few years. Not really surprising when the elected president of the most powerful country in the world dont believe in climate change, vaccination etc.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Boston Dynamics never fails to amuse me as an engineering and robotics company. This is my field so I'm acknowledged about just how arduous realizing such sophisticated robots can prove when even managing to make a robot stand on two legs and walk, instead of a TEMI, can be arduous, in that it's fundamentally required to teach robots how to move their bodies, and it takes a lot of knowledge about kinematics and dynamics; the highter the knowledge the more "joint freedom" and viceversa is the general rule. Furthermore, it is not quite settled how even humans and animals walk, and so they did a superlative job at programming and developing such level of cognitive intelligence combined with athletic intelligence, with algorithms reasoning through interactions between physical body and environment.

Just look at this: