Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Kneel, @Don DaSlayer and @Sunita. In the name of Zoro, we charge you to be brave. In the name of Mihawk, we charge you to be strong. In the name of Ryuma, we charge you to defend the innocent.

Pledge your life and honor to the Temple, from this night and all the nights to come. And we pledge to ask no service of you that might bring you dishonor.

Now arise, @Don DaSlayer and @Sunita, a servant of the Temple of the Grandmaster.

I'm probably the only one here who'd rather he keep the Sandai Kitetsu. He's used it for the majority of the series and it's never failed him. Just because Mihawk uses the world's strongest blade doesn't mean Zoro should follow suite in only getting the highest grade swords. He isn't Mihawk. He's the world's first Santoryu swordsman, and he shall forge his own legend, not emulate another's.

Making a sword black raises its rank.
So I wouldn't mind Zoro having 3 O-Wazamono, Wado and enma grade whcih he turns into Saijo-O-Wazamono, Yoru grade.

Now the question is what happens if someone permanently turns a saijo-O-Wazamono black. Does it become a grade higher than saijo-O-Wazamono?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Now the question is what happens if someone permanently turns a saijo-O-Wazamono black. Does it become a grade higher than saijo-O-Wazamono?
It remains Saijo O Wazamono as there is no higher grade. Yoru is stated to be the "finest in the world", and it too is Saijo O Wazamono.

Regarding the swords, I would have liked that zoro kept shusui, but I think he always has been someone who respects traditions, he has a special code of honor.

I think that the attachment of the wano people to shusui and the fact that he got a good replacement was what convinced him.

But maybe at the end of the arc if he does something crazy which I believe he will, they might give him the shusui back and he'll give enma back to the Kozuki clan.

Maybe Enma was just a plot point for him to increase his haki control.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Regarding the swords, I would have liked that zoro kept shusui, but I think he always has been someone who respects traditions, he has a special code of honor.

I think that the attachment of the wano people to shusui and the fact that he got a good replacement was what convinced him.

But maybe at the end of the arc if he does something crazy which I believe he will, they might give him the shusui back and he'll give enma back to the Kozuki clan.

Maybe Enma was just a plot point for him to increase his haki control.
I would have wanted this, but Zoro needs to blacken Enma, I'm not sure it would happen so soon.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I know Yoru is a saijo o wazamono, however, was it a o wazamono that upgraded to saijo o wazamono after Mihawk turned it black or was it already a saijo o wazamono before Mihawk turned it black.
We simply don't know.
Some Saijo O Wazamono are not black, there is no grade higher than Saijo O Wazamono, so Saijo O Wazamono that became black would remain Saijo O Wazamono. Besides, Yoru is stated to be the "finest in the world", it probably was black before it became Saijo O Wazamono.

Some Saijo O Wazamono are not black, there is no grade higher than Saijo O Wazamono, so Saijo O Wazamono that became black would remain Saijo O Wazamono. Besides, Yoru is stated to be the "finest in the world", it probably was black before it became Saijo O Wazamono.
Hitetsu a swordsmith stated that making a sword black raises the rank of the blade. So it is safe to assume this rule also applies to saijo o wazomonos that are not black. Since Mihawk's blade is a saijo, it is safe to assume it was o wazomono before he turned it black.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Hitetsu a swordsmith stated that making a sword black raises the rank of the blade. So it is safe to assume this rule also applies to saijo o wazomonos that are not black. Since Mihawk's blade is a saijo, it is safe to assume it was o wazomono before he turned it black.
Nope.

He stated that making Enma black would make it rise in rank. He didn't state that making any blade black would rise it in rank. Your hypothesis does not make sense given that we are told Yoru is the "finest in the world". There's no reason to assume Yoru was an O Wazamono before becoming black, Mihawk's words suggest otherwise.

Suppose Yoru was a Saijo O Wazamono and Mihawk made it black, what rank would it rise to? There is no rank beyond Sajio O Wazamono, nowhere for it to further rise.

I'm probably the only one here who'd rather he keep the Sandai Kitetsu. He's used it for the majority of the series and it's never failed him. Just because Mihawk uses the world's strongest blade doesn't mean Zoro should follow suite in only getting the highest grade swords. He isn't Mihawk. He's the world's first Santoryu swordsman, and he shall forge his own legend, not emulate another's.
I love sandai too, it's too dope to have a curse blade!
I will not accept sandai being throw away for another sword. Only if it's nidai but i'm fine with wado and enma being from class 1 with yoru and sandai being class 2 after becoming a black blade.
Yes stronger sword are the best but if you are skilled enough, even with a knife you will destroy anyone.