Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Fainting was some next level bs but it was required for plot. I.e. Hiyori/ getting inside that hut in Ringo.
In all honesty it makes sense.

The amount of days that's passed in Wano before he passed out I believe is 8 days
(in total if I'm not mistaken he hasn't eaten for 7-8 days)

In chapter 7 :
Zoro: Whew, I'm stuffed...!!!
I guess nine days without eating is about the farthest you can go!!

In chapter 685 :
Luffy :Wow, you must be really Hungry too.
Momonosuke : Nonesense … Huff… A Warrior Does not Feel Hunger after just… huff … Ten days of fasting huff huff…
Luffy : TEN DAYS?!

*Simply speaking Momo is exhausted* - later flies out of a garbage suite but loses consciousness after that and is carried by Luffy.

This is also the Onomatopoeia which Oda uses to convey hunger is : ぐぎゅる

Here are some panels :

I don't have a panel for Otama but it is chapter 914 she has the same : ぐぎゅる

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
In all honesty it makes sense.

The amount of days that's passed in Wano before he passed out I believe is 8 days
(in total if I'm not mistaken he hasn't eaten for 7-8 days)

In chapter 7 :
Zoro: Whew, I'm stuffed...!!!
I guess nine days without eating is about the farthest you can go!!

In chapter 685 :
Momonosuke : Nonesense … Huff… A Warrior Does not Feel Hunger after just… huff … Ten days of fasting huff huff…

*Simply speaking Momo is exhausted* - later flies out of a garbage suite but loses consciousness after that and is carried by Luffy.

This is also the Onomatopoeia which Oda uses to convey hunger is : ぐぎゅる

Here are some panels :

I don't have a panel for Otama but it is chapter 914 she has the same : ぐぎゅる
Oh I didn't realise he didn't eat for a whole week. Mb

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I hope Oda plans something big for Zoro because the way he's been writing him is disappointing as hell.
If I was Oda I would regret writing Zoro's faint and cut from Apoo.

Zoro is Luffy's right-hand man and how in the world we are supposed to believe that he will beat King if he faints from some dirty water and gets cut by Apoo ( not to take away from Apoo's moment but let's be honest here Zoro is more important to the story ).

Oda needs to change his way of writing because I can't actually believe that Alliance has a chance to win if Shanks or Admirals won't show up to aid the Alliance.
Oda wanted to hype up the Supernova:
  • Apoo was able to damage and draw blood from Zoro.
  • Killer was able to knock him out.
    • I don't believe the poisoning or hunger was the main cause of his fainting, Zoro is not that week. He was introduced having not eaten for several days, and he was planning to go for a week or so. That hungry Zoro was able to oneshot Morgan.

There's nothing wrong with those scenes, we've just been overestimating the gap between Zoro and the other Supernova.

:lusalty:
@Guan Yu I tried a different site for uploading the pics. Are they working for you now?
This is the stitched version

And this is Stephen Paul's translation of the panels
This is a third site I tried.
SP's translations
Nice worwork @Light D Lamperouge. So since his introduction all the way till the new world, Odahas been putting an emphasis on Zoro's wild aura and thathe is like a beast.
I think he will definitely expand on that in Wano. If he doesnt do it in wano then I dont think he will ever expand on it

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Fainting was the next level of bullsh*t. It's f'ing annoying
This isn't Oda's fault though? He's telling a story, he doesn't really care about power level debates, they're simply none of his business. We can't blame Oda for not catering to our headcanon powerscaling.

At any rate, Zoro fainting from Killer's stab is an outlier and should be treated as such.

As for those who spam Zoro fainted, just ignore them, it's what I do.

In chapter 685 :
I can't believe you're comparing Zoro's stamina to that of an 8 year old child.
:kaidowhat:

The scene was to hype up Killer, yes it's inconsistent, but it is what it is.

@Guan Yu I tried a different site for uploading the pics. Are they working for you now?
This is the stitched version

And this is Stephen Paul's translation of the panels
This is a third site I tried.
SP's translations
All works... :cheers:
Post automatically merged:

Oda wanted to hype up the Supernova:
  • Apoo was able to damage and draw blood from Zoro.
  • Killer was able to knock him out.
    • I don't believe the poisoning or hunger was the main cause of his fainting, Zoro is not that week. He was introduced having not eaten for several days, and he was planning to go for a week or so. That hungry Zoro was able to oneshot Morgan.

There's nothing wrong with those scenes, we've just been overestimating the gap between Zoro and the other Supernova.
But Killer doesn't knock him out tho. If the wound is what knocked Zoro out, then he would have gone done much sooner, and even if he didn't, then an emphasis on the wound would have been made before he goes down after defeating Killer, but it doesn't. The emphasis was put on his stomach, with the exact same onomatopoeia as when Luffy in WCI.

Pre-ts Zoro was able to hold out his hunger for more than a week because of some reasons:
  1. He was doing nothing during those times, which would have preserve his energy better than Zoro in Wano who's not only doing a cross country on foot, but also doing numerous fight.
  2. He was holding out that hunger for someone, for that little girl, and that became a fuel for his will power.
  3. Zoro was collapsed almost instantly after he defeated Morgan, a similar event that happened after Zoro defeated Killer.

So yeah, Zoro was fainted mainly because of hunger. Added to that, the amounts of poison in his systems and the blood loss that he gained not only from the stab itself, but also from him flexing his chest muscles to prevent the scythe from being pulled out that in return would have worsen the wound. Also the fact that there are no more threats looming around after Gyukimaru run away has made Zoro's defensive mechanism to shut down. Allowing him to faint.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
then an emphasis on the wound would have been made before he goes down after defeating Killer, but it doesn't.

Zoro is annoyed that he took so much damage before the battle. Gyukimaru even grins and laughs to himself upon realising this then turns his back on Zoro and leaves.

Only afterwards does Zoro faint.

This is the full image:

Also the fact that there are no more threats looming around after Gyukimaru run away has made Zoro's defensive mechanism to shut down. Allowing him to faint.
Zoro clearly wanted to pursue Gyukimaru but was unable to do so.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I am trying to compile all the instances where Zoro's Santoryu in particular has been hyped. So far all I have are his battles with the Nyaban brothers and his battle with Kaku.

Nyaban Brothers:

Ryuma:

I think the above two examples are very compelling, but I would appreciate if I could find more (I want to write an essay (probably during the weekend) to demonstrate the difference between Santoryu Zoro and Nitoryu Zoro).

I am trying to compile all the instances where Zoro's Santoryu in particular has been hyped. So far all I have are his battles with the Nyaban brothers and his battle with Kaku.

Nyaban Brothers:

Ryuma:

I think the above two examples are very compelling, but I would appreciate if I could find more (I want to write an essay (probably during the weekend) to demonstrate the difference between Santoryu Zoro and Nitoryu Zoro).

Vs Hachi also I guess