Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
Watching Grandmaster cry makes me sad, I wonder why Oda won't explore more of his backstory.
I'll be so great that even my name will reach heaven hits hard, can't wait for the ACOC clash where the heaven will shatter into half :neesama::neesama:
Now that you put that video i remember the first time i watched zoro flashback was in november 2009 don't know if it was destiny or not but man this moment
https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...QtwJ6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw1e2oYf979BGpX16kxA0ZFe
The fight continues as the ost and Zoro promise kuina in the moonlight
Also the dialogue don't make poor excuses that you are a man or a woman zoro was this well written since he was a child 😭

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Hey Guys, I have lurked here for a while to keep up with OP. With Wano over and a new saga starting next week, I am kind of burned out. Zoro is my most favorite OP character (followed by Luffy, Nami, and Doflamingo), so I think this Zoro FC is the right place to get some enthusiasm back. Most of this post is kind of a rant, but please bear with me. I really want to see if you guys still have the enthusiasm that I lost during Wano.

I have been following OP since 2005. Luffy, Zoro and Nami are (although Luffy is less likable than he was before) my favorites. I initially perceived it as a story where few dumb guys visit exotic islands, get into ridiculous conflict and beat up bad guys. But over the years, the story evolved to something else. Recently it feels more like a story of a great savior. So, my enjoyment was already dropping when we started Wano. My annoyance peaked during Udon, but I still kept reading weekly to mainly see some development on Zoro like Sanji got in Whole Cake Island.

That development never came. I expected Ryuma lore, almost nothing but annoying teases. I expected Zoro heritage (well...initially I didn’t, till Oda dropped that SBS hinting Zoro may be a Shimotsuki), nothing but teases. I expected Luffy/Zoro tag team vs. Kaido, nope. And every time Zoro got something, Oda took it back very soon somehow. Zoro fought Kaido in rooftop: "Well, I only did it because of 1000 chapter celebration". Zoro got Conquerer's Haki: Well, Luffy, Kid and Law all ultimately won with their Devil Fruit, not Haki. To put salt on the wound, an Admiral just crushed the Guy Zoro had to work hard to beat. For every good thing that happened to Zoro in this arc, Oda managed to make it lackluster later on with his commentary or something else.

Which brings me to my first question. With the new Saga being called Final Saga, how many Zoro-centric chapters do you expect till the end of the story? Suppose there are 250 chapters left (that's roughly the length of the Yonkou saga). Since we are not getting any background on Zoro and with Zoro's only relevance in the story being a fighter against the second (or third, depending on Law/Kid situation) strongest in the antagonist group, and with Oda not interested in drawing any fight for more than 2 chapters (unless it involves Luffy), how many Zoro-centric chapter can we realistically expect?

Shiryu - 2 chapters
An Admiral - 2 chapters
Mihawk - 2 chapters

Is that it? Do I really have to go through 250 chapters again for only 6 Zoro-Centric chapters? Because I am losing my fondness for Luffy and Nami is MIA. I used to care about Roger and the Void century a lot, but Oden's Flashback has made Roger goofy and less interesting. How many Zoro-centric chapters do you think we can get if go through the filth that is almost surely even more disgusting than Wano.

Second question is, how much should I lower my expectation to be able to enjoy Zoro's journey? It seems to me that among the well known Shonens (Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter etc.), Zoro is the "second fiddle" with least development. Hell...even Ishida got more of a personal journey in Bleach (and I am not sure he even qualifies as a second fiddle) than Zoro has had (the only two times where Zoro's personal struggle really hit me were in Alabasta when he unlocked breath of all things and in Kuraigana when he begged Mihawk, Ebisu was so wasted). Never mind the likes of Hiei, Vegeta or Sasuke.

Sorry for bringing so much negativity to a place where we are supposed to be positive about Zoro. But I really wanted hardcore Zoro fans' opinions and only Zoro fans' opinions. If you guys also think that Zoro-centric chapters will be very few-and-far between as well, may be I will stop reading weekly and let the series end before picking it up again.

Thanks for reading.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Hey Guys, I have lurked here for a while to keep up with OP. With Wano over and a new saga starting next week, I am kind of burned out. Zoro is my most favorite OP character (followed by Luffy, Nami, and Doflamingo), so I think this Zoro FC is the right place to get some enthusiasm back. Most of this post is kind of a rant, but please bear with me. I really want to see if you guys still have the enthusiasm that I lost during Wano.

I have been following OP since 2005. Luffy, Zoro and Nami are (although Luffy is less likable than he was before) my favorites. I initially perceived it as a story where few dumb guys visit exotic islands, get into ridiculous conflict and beat up bad guys. But over the years, the story evolved to something else. Recently it feels more like a story of a great savior. So, my enjoyment was already dropping when we started Wano. My annoyance peaked during Udon, but I still kept reading weekly to mainly see some development on Zoro like Sanji got in Whole Cake Island.

That development never came. I expected Ryuma lore, almost nothing but annoying teases. I expected Zoro heritage (well...initially I didn’t, till Oda dropped that SBS hinting Zoro may be a Shimotsuki), nothing but teases. I expected Luffy/Zoro tag team vs. Kaido, nope. And every time Zoro got something, Oda took it back very soon somehow. Zoro fought Kaido in rooftop: "Well, I only did it because of 1000 chapter celebration". Zoro got Conquerer's Haki: Well, Luffy, Kid and Law all ultimately won with their Devil Fruit, not Haki. To put salt on the wound, an Admiral just crushed the Guy Zoro had to work hard to beat. For every good thing that happened to Zoro in this arc, Oda managed to make it lackluster later on with his commentary or something else.

Which brings me to my first question. With the new Saga being called Final Saga, how many Zoro-centric chapters do you expect till the end of the story? Suppose there are 250 chapters left (that's roughly the length of the Yonkou saga). Since we are not getting any background on Zoro and with Zoro's only relevance in the story being a fighter against the second (or third, depending on Law/Kid situation) strongest in the antagonist group, and with Oda not interested in drawing any fight for more than 2 chapters (unless it involves Luffy), how many Zoro-centric chapter can we realistically expect?

Shiryu - 2 chapters
An Admiral - 2 chapters
Mihawk - 2 chapters

Is that it? Do I really have to go through 250 chapters again for only 6 Zoro-Centric chapters? Because I am losing my fondness for Luffy and Nami is MIA. I used to care about Roger and the Void century a lot, but Oden's Flashback has made Roger goofy and less interesting. How many Zoro-centric chapters do you think we can get if go through the filth that is almost surely even more disgusting than Wano.

Second question is, how much should I lower my expectation to be able to enjoy Zoro's journey? It seems to me that among the well known Shonens (Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter etc.), Zoro is the "second fiddle" with least development. Hell...even Ishida got more of a personal journey in Bleach (and I am not sure he even qualifies as a second fiddle) than Zoro has had (the only two times where Zoro's personal struggle really hit me were in Alabasta when he unlocked breath of all things and in Kuraigana when he begged Mihawk, Ebisu was so wasted). Never mind the likes of Hiei, Vegeta or Sasuke.

Sorry for bringing so much negativity to a place where we are supposed to be positive about Zoro. But I really wanted hardcore Zoro fans' opinions and only Zoro fans' opinions. If you guys also think that Zoro-centric chapters will be very few-and-far between as well, may be I will stop reading weekly and let the series end before picking it up again.

Thanks for reading.
Well, I would say wait it out and see if Wano is really over or not because based on where we left off and all the unfinished plot lines, I would say it is far from over. Final Saga can start without Wano being finished, I explained it several times already.
If Oda flops and ends Wano here, your concerns are completely valid and spot on and dropping the whole thing might really be a wise decision. However, he can still handle Zoro stuff well because he didnt write himself into a corner yet but he definitely handled Luffy poorly. Nami got some crumbs but she definitely needs a lot more to be what she once was.

Wow, who would have thought that the Hakai scene would play out exactly like we, Zoro fans (aka opposite of two piece readers), said it did in the manga?

Hakai fully blocked/deflected, no Law to teleport Zoro in the middle of it, how surprising!? :kobeha:

Not sure if I should be putting this in a spoiler but whatever.
There's a reason why the clowns that said that are nowhere to be seen, the anime thread is dead, no haters in sight.
Watch the anime enhance the Zoro vs Kaido clash, 1 panel turned into a full fight, this happens all the time btw.

Here's what I think is going to happen, 9 swords style Asura then Zoro pretty much teleports to where Kaido is and they clash several times with Zoro gradually overpowering Kaido, he starts chanting the attack's name and there's probably a final clash that Zoro wins, Kaido is using coating the entire time. Get ready for the filler cope. :suresure:
This with CoC coating being stronger than rooftop Asura is the beginning of the end for the anti-Zoro tards. :myman:

Shiryu - 2 chapters
An Admiral - 2 chapters
Mihawk - 2 chapters

Thanks for reading.
If postts zoro had character developments, Luffy will be a garbage shit tier character compare to zoro. the only reason i was continued to read op because of zoro and his persanlty. even without all this zoro almost hit luffys popularity. so everyone understand oda keep pulling zoros leg so he wont outshines luffy(bit he does every time). for me prets zoro is the best written character in one piece ,

my only expectation is zoro killing kaido, if he dont do that im gonna drop this garbage manga.

you all ready for GODro ashura moment next week? :steef:
I don't think it's gonna be next week.

Based on the title name and the preview, seems like they are gonna stretch next episode entirely on the Law + Kid combo to get Big Mom out of the Rooftop.

I hope i'm wrong.

But then again, the animation style looked kinda stiff and boring in the preview, so i wouldn't be hyped if Ashura was in the next episode.