Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The template for CoC is Oda’s whim.
Meh, COC is the hallmark of those destined to rule and achieve greatness. Those who shall leave their mark on the world. It is primarily an indicator of that potential. It is the brand of the conquering king.

Oda has been pretty consistent with the above characterisation, and I don't see him abandoning it now.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I wonder what is the reason for Mihawk's appearance at Roger's execution. He doesn't seem like a man who would go to an execution just for the sake of it. I think this is an important hint, he might have been connected in some way or with his potential ex crew.
Most of the original Shichibukai were there. I think Oda just featured them as they were individuals who would define the next age of piracy.

Last edited:
Most of the original Shichibukai were there. In fact, all the male original Shichibukai were there. I think Oda just featured them as they were individuals who would define the next age of piracy.
Yes, it only lacks Kuma, Jinbore and Boa (admittedly a kid at the time). But I don't think it's just because they would be important for the future that they're there, logistically they would need a reason. Buggy and Shanks had a reason. I don't think the rest fell out of the sky accidentally, there must be some connection for each of them.
Mihawk, Doffy and Dragon don't seem like people who go to random events without reason. And I don't think it's boredom in this case. I guess it's worth noting.

Only the strongest swordsmen are praised here. :smithnie:
Hehehe, I figured.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
top 10 most paneled intruders ch.909-979

over 50 panels
#43 babanuki (elephant smile udon)
#42 urashima (sumo boss act 1)
#41 whitebeard
#40 holdem (lion smile act 1)
#39 killer
#38 tsuru (kinemon's wife)
#37 kid
#36 roger
#35 toki
#34 brook
#33 komachiyo (tama's lion dog act 1)
#32 onimaru (aka gyukimaru, act 2)

over 100 panels
#31 toko
#30 nekomamushi
#29 hawkins
#28 usopp
#27 yasu
#26 franky
#25 queen
#24 chopper
#23 bigmom
#22 shinobu
#21 inuarashi
#20 robin

over 150 panels
#19 shutenmaru
#18 kanjuro
#17 law
#16 raizo
#15 momonosuke
#14 nami
#13 kaido
#12 denjiro

over 200 panels
#11 hyogoro
#10 tama
#09 orochi
#08 sanji
#07 hiyori
#06 kawamatsu

over 300 panels
#05 kikunojo
#04 kinemon
#03 oden
#02 zoro
#01 luffy

why i count eh ? no idea actually
just a funny tool so you can discuss x)
:sweat:

This is Zoro-Urashima meeting in the anime:

-Zoro insults Urashima and ask him to step aside

-Urashima responds to Zoro in a rude way

-Zoro glances at him menacingly

-Urashima is intimidated by Zoro and goes away

Actually this is canon material. This is something that happens in the manga too, it's was jus offpaneled:

Why did Oda decide to off panel this meeting and yet put this panel suggesting that Zoro has a weird aura only 2/3 chapters later?

This is really suspicious, isn't it?

My take is: Oda wants to keep the surprise effect for later when the arc is in its crucial stage and at the same time he wants to do some foreshadowing
I agree. I think Oda is waiting for a specific moment to introduce it. I think it is coc and Oda probably wants a bihlg moment to formally tell the worldthat Zoro has it. Perhaps he is waiting for an impactful moment in the wano war to showcase it. Maybe similar to how Luffy showcased it in marineford

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

As expected from main opponent of zoro, King has the equal authority with kaido to summon underlings as he wishes. This is basically a parallel to how zoro takes charge of the SHP

They even had the same standing stance with arms crossed
My commentary on why I really liked King this chapter:
I loved King's actions this chapter. He discovered a problem that befell the Beast Pirates and was proactive in going to resolve this. He did so without prompting or a request from Kaido:

Working to fix Kaido's problems before they can fester. He also did something similar when Big Mom was invading Wano. Without being requested to by Kaido, he took initiative and kicked down Big Mom's ship.

He seems to be a highly competent subordinate. I worship competence, so King is already ranking pretty high for me.
Kaido was nonchalant about King using his name, so perhaps he trusts him especially closely.
It wouldn't be surprising given that King diligently works to put out the fires that befall the Beast Pirates.
Ping @TheAncientCenturion, King appreciation.

I agree. I think Oda is waiting for a specific moment to introduce it. I think it is coc and Oda probably wants a bihlg moment to formally tell the worldthat Zoro has it. Perhaps he is waiting for an impactful moment in the wano war to showcase it. Maybe similar to how Luffy showcased it in marineford
I don’t think it’s CoC guys don’t read too much into it