Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I remember when they were around the same level in pre TS, I hope the trend won't come to an end
It won't, imo they are gonna be close till eos.
Honest opinion , around Yc1 . dont care about bullshits what people spit ''mc this , mc that '' .. latest chapter pretty much confirms what Oda has in his mind even if it highly disturbs some fanbases.
Stormy with the facts. I am a firm believer that Zoro came out stronger than Luffy after the ts, and that is why Luffy needed the battles to catch up.

Courtesy @Nidai_Kitetsu
A few non-SBS quotes from Oda related to Zoro:

1. "Those who participated in the 'Character Popularity Vote', thank you very much. I'm really happy that Luffy came in first. I was worried that Zoro or Shanks might overtake him." - Oda's weekly comments (1998)
http://www.thegrandline.com/odatocLIVE.htm

2. "Luffy, Zoro, Nami.
With them, the triggers are assembled for now.
...that's how it's said. And I have this kind of image in my mind
." - Color Walk 1 (2001)
Thanks to @Vivaldi-kun and @Micchan212for the info and translation.

P.S. - The popular translation for this part was provided by Sandman from Arlong park forum. The translation was "Luffy, Zoro and Nami are the trigger/core of ONE PIECE." @Vivaldicontacted him and Sandman agreed that this translation was misleading. Sandman edited it afterwards.
http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

3. Ashley Rochefort: "Why does Tashigi look like Zoro's old friend Kuina?"
Oda: "Its just a coincidence. There's no backstory like Tashigi turns out to be Kuina's sister or something....[laughs]"
- Jump Festa (2008)

4. Vicky Hutchinson: "Zoro's my favorite character. I would like to have permission to be his #1 fan"
Oda: "Well, Vicky, all the Zoro fans think like you do. So please do as you wish. I'd like you to think that you are the #1 Zoro fan"
- Jump Festa (2008)

5. "I messed up Zoro's eye on the cover page of the very first chapter. The scar is supposed to be on his left eye. Ahahaha" - Oda's weekly comments (2010)
http://www.thegrandline.com/odatocLIVE.htm

6. "Don't speak ill of Zoro." - Niconico Live Broadcast (28 December 2011)

(If you guys know any non-SBS quotes from Oda related to Zoro, kindly let me know. I will update this part)

Courtesy @Nidai_Kitetsu
List of SBS Q&A related to Zoro

This is an updated version of all the SBS question and answers related to Zoro. I tried to find the best translation possible, I used ViZ, Stephen's scripts and also Micchan's translation.

Q: Doesn't Zoro's name come from the famous pirate, "Francois l'Ollonais"?

A: You got it. I took the name from Francois l'Ollonais, said to be the cruelest of all the "Pirates of the Caribbean." That, along with Morgan and Alvida, are names derived from actual pirates.

Q: Why does Zoro always wear that old fogey stomach band (haramaki)?

A: How rude!! Just sit down right there!! Okay! Remember this!! The haramaki is the high-fashion-nice-fit battle garb of the proudest of Nippon's warriors!! Contemplate that! You may leave!

Q: Why don't Luffy and Zoro go by the names "Monkey" or "Roronoa"? Or are those their family names, the Japanese way?

A: Yes. That's it. First surname. Then given name.

Q: When I went to the barber a little while ago and asked for a Zoro haircut, he shaved my head. What should I say to get a haircut like Zoro's?
A: Ask for the cut of a "Man's Heart and Spirit."

Q: I wanna say something to the guy who said Zoro's stomach band was for "old fogies" in the SBS on p.130 of Volume 4!! You, yes, you!! First, I too wondered, why does cool guy Zoro have a stomach band? But then, once I realized that it's a part of Zoro, it became okay! I, yes I shall allow it! So you should too! Now we're friends!
A: ...oh! A friendship between readers has bloomed... Wonderful.

[Stephen Paul's translation]
Q: Oda-sensei, this is the spirit of the heart (what Zoro uses to "speak" with the sword in his mouth), isn't it? (Pen Name Arunya)
A: Yes. This is a good spirit of the heart.

Q: I went to the barber and told him "A Spirit-of-the-Man's-Heart cut!!" Then he said, "Okay!!" and he shaved my head bald. Entirely the wrong look. Sensei, are there any requirements to become a Zoro?! Tell me!! *sob, sob*
A: Don't cry!! Stand up!! There are battles that a man cannot run from!! So what if you got shaved bald once?! When your hair grows out again, go back to that barber and challenge him!! A return match!! Well, if I were you, I wouldn't (ROFL).

Q: Oda-sensei! Those birthdays (in Volume 15) were way too easy to come up with! I want to have a word with their parents!! How-EVER!! Who are Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji's parents?!
A: Ahhhh... Did I really take the easy way out? I guess you're right... I just made them up as jokes, based on their personalities. You really can't choose a birthday over such trivial reasoning... I'll reflect on my thoughtlessness...

Q: HEY, ODACCHI. WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO IT, JUST HOW LITTLE SENSE OF DIRECTION DOES Zoro HAVE? I want an equation with x and y, dammit!!

A: Ummm... lesseee... x... plus... y. Okay, next. (Perfect)

Q: Wassssup, Oda-sensei?! I have a question about Vivi and Zoro (doooon)!! Why does Vivi call Zoro Mr. Bushido?! (dogooon) I'm super super superrrr!! Interested. Please teeeelllll me. Bye!! See you in a million years!!

A: You know, if you start calling a friend by a funny nickname, you can't really go back. You know how that works. If she were to suddenly start calling him Zoro-san, it would be too odd. I think Vivi will call him Mr. Bushido for the rest of her life.

Q: If Zoro and Sanji had a big fight, who would emerge victorious? Zoro beat Mr. 1, so I guess...Zoro would be the winner, right...?

A: Whoa! You scared me... for a second it looked like "If Zoro and Sanji had a dick fight" (Note in Japanese, at least). Hey man, learn to punctuate better or something. You know what I mean....okay, see you next time!

Q: Hello, Oda-sensei. On the right side of the first panel on Volume 26 page 54, is that Zoro trying to jump into the sea of clouds real casual-like? He must have really wanted to dive in there!!

O: Yeah. What a retard.

[Stephen Paul's translation, I liked ViZ's translation more in this case]

Last edited:
Basically Luffy, Zoro and Chopper cannot dress up on their own.

Q: Captain T-Bone is in page 42 of volume 54, in panel 6 - but how did he survive after the fight with Zoro?

A: Ah! You're right. He's definitely there. That's captain T-Bone, who should have been unmistakably defeated in the Water Seven arc. As to how he survived, well, it just happened. It just happened in a manly way.

Q: "In Whereupon We Ask Odacchi A Question". [The letter writer is sounding like Sweet Pea, so this is my approximation of how Sweet Pea would sound like in English. It goes on through the letter. -N] Inside Sunny-go, there's a splendid bookshelf, isn't there? And in that bookshelf are "everyone except Luffy's books"! But! There's one person in the crew that I simply cannot imagine reading. And that is... Zoro. What sort of books could he possibly be reading? Please tell me!

A: It certainly does seem like books don't suit Zoro very well. But rather than reading books, you could say that he views them. Diagrams from books on martial arts, illustrations of weapons, collections of high-level bounties and so on. He looks at them.

Q: Please teach us an easy way to draw Zoro! P.N. Kanahasa--

A:

• Spiky grass grew.
    • Two โ€œheโ€œ's (ใธ) in a big sea.
    • A drop of soy sauce on the dumpling, now bless yourself with a cross before your meal and now it's time to eat!
    • Now there's 3 swords, 3 swords style!
    • Go jagged, go in circles, it's Zoro the lost child! He also grew a bit more hair.
Zoro: Who're you calling a lost child

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
@Aknolagon I always confused you with that Indra dude, he uses a very similar nick to yours on NF, and I have been meaning to apologize for going at you in some debates, cuz you are a Zoro fan :myman:, but then I found out it is not you.
:suresure: