Literally your personal opinion. There are prodigies around the world who train under others who are the best at their skill (games, sports, studies, etc) to surpass said trainer.

I gave you the reason for why Oda did it. Mihawk is not an "evil" antagonist with clashing ideologies. He didn't perform an evil act that which we know of unlike other villains, and he merely exists for someone to challenge him. Its not "weird" or wrong that Zoro asked him

Having Zoro train under him is not bad writing, in fact, it makes it 100% more realistic how a prodigy (Zoro) can surpass the teacher at such a young age.

Luffy literally studied under the 2nd hand to the Pirate King. Zoro training under anyone else would have not been nearly as convincing or effective. Nobody else has a goal that rivals theirs as a physical feat. It made sense that these were who they trained under during the timeskip.
Zoro vs Mihawk is gonna be a hype but him asking Mihawk to train him did kind of kill the excitement for the fight. Zoro essentially asked Mihawk to teach Zoro how to kill him. Its just weird....... Its kind of like if Sasuke Asked Itachi to train him. Obviously there's no resentment between Zoro and Mihawk but still, now whenever Zoro does overcome Mihawk were gonna have to credit to credit that to Mihawks teachings rather than Zoro's growth. The situation can still be salvaged if Oda has a character defeat Mihawk and than that character is who Zoro has to overcome.

More absurd Zoro threads.... I dig it, as absurd as this thread obviously is, will never be worse than the foreshadowing math one. I dig the Zoro trolling on non spoiler threads.
The funniest element is that in all of this we don't even know whether or not Mihawk or Ryuma were trained in a similar way Zoro did but OP somehow gives it for granted which is out of this world.

That's why Zoro is Luffy's right hand man, the equivalent of a vice captain or partner. As he is willing to sacrifice his own ambition and life for Luffy. Willing to bow down his head like Luffy bowed his head in front of Hancock to save her subordinates.

Kuma: "you have such great ambition and yet you are willing to throw it away for the sake of others"

Mihawk: "seems like you've found an even greater ambition/purpose" - which impressed him so much he was actually willing to train others.

This is a man you can trust blindly. While Sanji is busy chasing pussies he ain't laying hands on anyways. At Baratie, when Zoro lost to Mihawk, saying that you should just throw away your ambition to save your ass.

I mean it does. Because Mihawk made Zoro reach himself.

Im pretty sure the way previous WSS and Mihawk got the title wasnt by begging the current WSS for help.

What he did in Thriller Bark wasnt as bad as this. Zoro believed he didnt derserve to be WSS if he cant protect his captain. Whilst here he's completely lost interest a part of his journey....sacrificing it for the sake of Luffy. No SH has had to do this, and whilsr I believe its consistent to Zoro's character and every SH would do it. Its pretty degrading that he has to do it. Oda's pretty much taken away the tension and risk of the dream, by having Zoro being tutored by Mihawk....on how to defeat himself
Mohawk didn't make him reach himself because Zoro is still getting stronger. We know going through fights is what grows you stronger. So stop
Post automatically merged:

The point isnt about fair. I never said what Zoro did was unfair....albeit it is cheating. All I said is its demeaning and degrading to his own dream and how he wants to achieve it.

Luffy's dream is for a fun adventure to find the OP and to become the PK. And hes getting all of it.

Zoro's dream is to become the WSS....now is that fulfilling when your getting a tutition by the current WSS on how to defeat him and get to his lvl.
What Zoro did wasnt cheating. Cheating is getting a free power up. Zoro trained to get where he is.