Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I feel like the issue is there’s such a big disconnect between Onigashima and Wano. Onigashima is alright but so much that happened before feels like it has no relevance here. And this is the arc that all of lost timeskip has been building up towards too.
Well said, that explains a lot and I completely agree. Onigashima really is like a different, self contained arc but is yet meant to be part of Wano and continuining the on-going story Wano set up. Kaido unceremoniously killing off Orochi with no real explanation for it, foreshadowing, reasoning whatever after working with him for 20 years and we still don't know how they met and why they worked together for so long.

Maybe Orochi's fruit impressed him but then he saw what a cowardly, overrated, useless bitch Orochi is with a DF far too powerful for him and Orochi being truly and disappointingly unworthy of it? A waste of such a powerful and useful fruit? I had the headcanon that Kaido tried to follow WB to Wano after Gods' Valley, maybe to seek revenge for a potential betrayal of Xebec and the Rocks Pirates or just to follow in his footsteps or challenge him anyway.
:kaidowhat:

But yeah, Onigashima really does feel disconnected from Wano. I mean Kaido was setup in Wano but Orochi was the main antagonist of it, had all the development and focus and then he just randomly dies to Kaido, his own ally early on in Onigashima? That's fricking underwhelming and ridiculous. And then Orochi comes back from death at least twice now with no explanation too except theories on his Orochi DF's powers or Fukurokuju's Buddhist resurrection god inspirations. What's the point of that then? It just feels random and filler, except for Hiyori finally confronting Orochi now after she's been non-existent for the whole of Onigashima so far and Oda has cut away from it and offscreening what's happening as usual too!

:sanjimeh::nicagesmile::kuzanope::saden:

I really don't want to admit it but @Doggo and certain others may just be right about Shanks after all. I mean Oda did make him try to bargain with and "snitch" to the Gorosei, which is something I absolutely hate. I guess if Oda is trying to make him a neutral, morally ambigious, diplomatic sort of character, it is fitting but I find it vastly disappointing that a Yonko would have to resort to this in the first place. And this is the most important/biggest thing he's done in the story so far?

"Dormammu Gorosei, I've come to bargain."

Shanks didn't make his movie this year but "made his movie" instead, Oda is trolling as usual like with Sabo, Vivi, Boa and the Warlords too and I seriously doubt we're getting Shanks in this final chapter of the year too ofc. So yet another false promise, fake hype and let down by Oda and co as usual.

:ronalugh::hope::quest::goatasure:

He’s just assisting in assassinating his captain.
You are overblowing this. They are going to kill Sanji and Germa. The Strawhats can't beat Big Mom (at that time). Bege had a year plan staged to assassinate her.

What the fuck did you expect Jinbe to do in this situation? He didn't even plan it. He outright ALREADY told BM he was leaving before the wedding. She tried to roulette him and he escaped. So he ALREADY wasn't on her side. Aka, he didn't betray anyone. He told her to her face he's leaving. She didn't like it.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Well said, that explains a lot and I completely agree. Onigashima really is like a different, self contained arc but is yet meant to be part of Wano and continuining the on-going story Wano set up. Kaido unceremoniously killing off Orochi with no real explanation for it, foreshadowing, reasoning whatever after working with him for 20 years and we still don't know how they met and why they worked together for so long.

Maybe Orochi's fruit impressed him but then he saw what a cowardly, overrated, useless bitch Orochi is with a DF far too powerful for him and Orochi being truly and disappointingly unworthy of it? A waste of such a powerful and useful fruit? I had the headcanon that Kaido tried to follow WB to Wano after Gods' Valley, maybe to seek revenge for a potential betrayal of Xebec and the Rocks Pirates or just to follow in his footsteps or challenge him anyway.
:kaidowhat:

But yeah, Onigashima really does feel disconnected from Wano. I mean Kaido was setup in Wano but Orochi was the main antagonist of it, had all the development and focus and then he just randomly dies to Kaido, his own ally early on in Onigashima? That's fricking underwhelming and ridiculous. And then Orochi comes back from death at least twice now with no explanation too except theories on his Orochi DF's powers or Fukurokuju's Buddhist resurrection god inspirations. What's the point of that then? It just feels random and filler, except for Hiyori finally confronting Orochi now after she's been non-existent for the whole of Onigashima so far and Oda has cut away from it and offscreening what's happening as usual too!

:sanjimeh::nicagesmile::kuzanope::saden:

I really don't want to admit it but @Doggo and certain others may just be right about Shanks after all. I mean Oda did make him try to bargain with and "snitch" to the Gorosei, which is something I absolutely hate. I guess if Oda is trying to make him a neutral, morally ambigious, diplomatic sort of character, it is fitting but I find it vastly disappointing that a Yonko would have to resort to this in the first place. And this is the most important/biggest thing he's done in the story so far?

"Dormammu Gorosei, I've come to bargain."

Shanks didn't make his movie this year but "made his movie" instead, Oda is trolling as usual like with Sabo, Vivi, Boa and the Warlords too and I seriously doubt we're getting Shanks in this final chapter of the year too ofc. So yet another false promise, fake hype and let down by Oda and co as usual.

:ronalugh::hope::quest::goatasure:
I don't actually want to be right about Shanks getting offscreened, though. :josad:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
You are overblowing this. They are going to kill Sanji and Germa. The Strawhats can't beat Big Mom (at that time). Bege had a year plan staged to assassinate her.

What the fuck did you expect Jinbe to do in this situation? He didn't even plan it. He outright ALREADY told BM he was leaving before the wedding. She tried to roulette him and he escaped. So he ALREADY wasn't on her side. Aka, he didn't betray anyone. He told her to her face he's leaving. She didn't like it.
I’m not saying Jinbe’s frequently mixed loyalties is a problem or makes him a bad character. But when he tries to act holier than thou it makes him a hypocrite

Remember how Sanji told Jinbei to kill himself for Arlong's crimes only to save his war criminal family
The only thing I remember is how many people blew that line out of proportion

I can't count how many times sanji treated to kill someone but didn't do anything later on

Heck even with the Vinsmokes, they beat up an innocent woman, killed innocents, tortured him when he was a kid, yet he risked his life to save them.

:suresure:

And people still think sanji was dead ass serious about the whole thing

I’m not saying Jinbe’s frequently mixed loyalties is a problem or makes him a bad character. But when he tries to act holier than thou it makes him a hypocrite
When has that happened? He told Luffy, along with his 2 crew members to not be an idiot and trust Drake immediately.

It had nothing to do with betrayal. Drake was being sneaky and outright told Luffy he couldn't tell him what his plan is or where his true alliance is (Marines).

This is not the same at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.