Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you think Kaido gets defeated paper? 20, 30 chapters later?
Into Act 4? Longer. We are likely getting a Rocks/Kaido/Linlin/Yamato flashback near the beginning of the Act that could be somewhat lengthy (let's say 3-6 chapters, idk), not to mention a slew of characters havent even gotten their matchups yet or have even truly started fighting. This could still take 10s of chapters depending in how Oda shifts the battleground or adds/removes characters. Then even when everyone but Kaido is defeated, I expect it to take a long time because A) this is certainly the hardest battle so far in the series and B) there is also Linlin and C) Oda normally spends 10-15 chapters in main Luffy fights anyhow so when you couple that with whomever is going to assist, it can take longer.

I can see Kaido going down in the absolute minimum, 40-50 chapters from this point. And even then I'm like kind of skeptical on that.
Post automatically merged:

The way I see it, 95% probability Ch 1000 is Luffy/Kid/Law/Zoro/etc... vs Kaido and Big Mom. Other 5% is Xebec flashback. Not sure if Oda would want a flashback right before the start of the Kaido fight tho. But it'd be interesting to see how he handles it so lowkey hoping it happens.
Either that or the Act ends and its a mid-Act update focused on even bigger shit. I can see that

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I can see Kaido going down in the absolute minimum, 40-50 chapters from this point. And even then I'm like kind of skeptical on that.
Bro people have no idea how long we're gonna still be in Wano lmao
Either that or the Act ends and its a mid-Act update focused on even bigger shit. I can see that
The only natural ending for Act 3 would be Luffy seeing the Scabbards' corpses. Boom! Act 3 end on tragedy then Chapter 1000 is around the world. But Just don't think One Piece kills off characters like that, so not sure how we can end the Act on just Luffy facing Kaido.

Either way, around the world chapter 1000 would be so epic. Just don't wanna get my expectations too high.

Into Act 4? Longer. We are likely getting a Rocks/Kaido/Linlin/Yamato flashback near the beginning of the Act that could be somewhat lengthy (let's say 3-6 chapters, idk), not to mention a slew of characters havent even gotten their matchups yet or have even truly started fighting. This could still take 10s of chapters depending in how Oda shifts the battleground or adds/removes characters. Then even when everyone but Kaido is defeated, I expect it to take a long time because A) this is certainly the hardest battle so far in the series and B) there is also Linlin and C) Oda normally spends 10-15 chapters in main Luffy fights anyhow so when you couple that with whomever is going to assist, it can take longer.

40-50 is kind of wild, but the way you explained it makes sense. And Act IV should be the longest act in a Kabuki play structure if I remember correctly. That being said, did you feel like the LinLin backstory was short/incomplete or just kind of weird?

Ofc there's break when we get a Zoro chap :seriously::seriously:
Oda can't handle too much Zoro so he has to chill before dropping the next Zoro bombshell

40-50 is kind of wild, but the way you explained it makes sense. And Act IV should be the longest act in a Kabuki play structure if I remember correctly. That being said, did you feel like the LinLin backstory was short/incomplete or just kind of weird?

Oda can't handle too much Zoro so he has to chill before dropping the next Zoro bombshell

I do agree. Its why I think we fundamentally need more from her backstory through the Rocks flashback. All Oda did at WCI was show her childhood. He probably will show Kaido's, then show either a tease or a full blown flashback of both together on Rocks' crew then their relationship after.

Now there are grounds to knowing how Kaido got his Calamities, considering King seems to be related to Impel Down somehow and Queen to Vegapunk/Judge. Then there is everything Yamato related.

And yeah, I only speculate that many chapters cause Oda is notorious for making the "conflict" portion of his arcs nearly as long as the setup. Setup was roughly 75 chapters, so I wouldn't be shocked if the arc lasted 150-160 chapters due to it. This math almost works for every arc, no joke.

It still virtually feels like many characters havent even tried to start fighting yet (Sasaki, Black Maria, WsW, Queen, King, the remaining 5 Numbers, half the Strawhats, Law, etc). Hilariously enough, Carrot v. Perospero looks like the only legit fight that started and I feel like its gonna get cut short before being continued later somehow.

And yeah, I only speculate that many chapters cause Oda is notorious for making the "conflict" portion of his arcs nearly as long as the setup. Setup was roughly 75 chapters, so I wouldn't be shocked if the arc lasted 150-160 chapters due to it. This math almost works for every arc, no joke.

It still virtually feels like many characters havent even tried to start fighting yet (Sasaki, Black Maria, WsW, Queen, King, the remaining 5 Numbers, half the Strawhats, Law, etc). .
I can see that ratio well enough incoming, especially in the NW.

DR [700-801]: Luffy/Law meet Doffy @ 758 & Bird Cage at 745. So it was a 45 to 56 or almost 1:1 setup to calamity ratio
WCI [825-902]: Luffy/Kat fight @ 879 & Hunger Pang (BMP vs SH) @ 846. 21 to 56 or a 1:2.5 ratio.

WANO [909-973 (958-973) (973+)]: 50 ish chapters of setup to Raid, 14 Oden FB chapters, calamity @ 997, we should expect another 80 chapters to end wano, 50 for the fights at least, holy shit.

We gon' be here a WHILE boys :whitepress::wellwell:

Payoff is Luffy becomes an "Emperor", Will of D stuff, 3rd RP, SH Bounty of defeating 2 emperors, Rest of the World, etc.

when will you guys realize there's no real new info in those summaries...

Rocks must have been a fucking monster to have other monsters on a leash

I can see that ratio well enough incoming, especially in the NW.

DR [700-801]: Luffy/Law meet Doffy @ 758 & Bird Cage at 745. So it was a 45 to 56 or almost 1:1 setup to calamity ratio
WCI [825-902]: Luffy/Kat fight @ 879 & Hunger Pang (BMP vs SH) @ 846. 21 to 56 or a 1:2.5 ratio.

WANO [909-973 (958-973) (973+)]: 50 ish chapters of setup to Raid, 14 Oden FB chapters, calamity @ 997, we should expect another 80 chapters to end wano, 50 for the fights at least, holy shit.

We gon' be here a WHILE boys :whitepress::wellwell:

Payoff is Luffy becomes an "Emperor", Will of D stuff, 3rd RP, SH Bounty of defeating 2 emperors, Rest of the World, etc.

Rocks must have been a fucking monster to have other monsters on a leash
Lol yup, and you can factor that into some of the older arcs too. Alabasta, Skypiea and Thriller Bark are like half battle arcs. In fact I think Skypiea is more fighting than setup. Water 7/Enies Lobby is interesting. They are essentially ~60 chapters each and one has much less fighting than the other, so you can sort of assume a 50/50 ratio again there. The only true exception seems to really be Amazon Lily/Marineford, but if you combine AL, Impel Down and Marineford as one arc, its pretty much setup from like 514-541/542, then straight up fighting from the end of ID to the end of the war (~580).

Oda does follow very particular story structure patterns. This is totally why I expect to be in Wano at least another 1.5 years. 150 chapters seems like a safe guess (next chapter makes 90 even), hopefully not much more than that, though you have to wonder if 60 more chapters is even enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.