Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

Being a master swordsman is NOT the same as equal to mihawk

Fuckin Zoro is currently stronger than Vista and yet you think Vista is equal to Mihawk

Databooks aren’t canon because they have been wrong on multiple occasions. The same way the anime isn’t canon. It’s been wrong too many times as well
l never said that Vista is equal to Mihawk, they both are Daikengou, Sword Grandmaster and Mihawk is a greater Swords Grandmaster than Vista and also the WSS..

Based on rank it says Vista is stronger than Zoro..

Have Databooks been wrong for something they have written twice with 10 years interval?.. No
You just don’t like the fact that Vista is a Sword Grandmaster..

l never said that Vista is equal to Mihawk, they both are Daikengou, Sword Grandmaster and Mihawk is a greater Swords Grandmaster than Vista and also the WSS..

Based on rank it says Vista is stronger than Zoro..

Have Databooks been wrong for something they have written twice with 10 years interval?.. No
You just don’t like the fact that Vista is a Sword Grandmaster..
Besides of Daikengou, they are also Kenshi. You cannot accept the term Kengou but not Kenshi. Aside from that there were never official rankings in the manga.

To make it simple both Kengou & Kenshi are swordsmen so there is nothing more in this. There are already panels 3-4 pages back that are officialy translated.

Zoro wants to be the strongest/greatest is pretty much the same. He doesnt mean he wants to be the greatest swordsman by doing some beautiful sword tricks and using elegant slashes, He literally wants to be stronger than anyone who consider himself a swordsman. The whole thread just proved that Shanks is indeed a swordsman.

Besides of Daikengou, they are also Kenshi. You cannot accept the term Kengou but not Kenshi. Aside from that there were never official rankings in the manga.

To make it simple both Kengou & Kenshi are swordsmen so there is nothing more in this. There are already panels 3-4 pages back that are officialy translated.

Zoro wants to be the strongest/greatest is pretty much the same. He doesnt mean he wants to be the greatest swordsman by doing some beautiful sword tricks and using elegant slashes, He literally wants to be stronger than anyone who consider himself a swordsman. The whole thread just proved that Shanks is indeed a swordsman.
What is your point?.. Daikengou>Kengou>Swordsman
They are all Swordsmen with some having more prestigious ranks..

What is your point?.. Daikengou>Kengou>Swordsman
They are all Swordsmen with some having more prestigious ranks..
Point is Kengou & kenshi are both swordsman. You cannot claim a Daikengou > Kengou > Kenshi. As i said check a few pages back and you will see Zoro's statement officialy translated.

Also ranks were never been officialy mentioned in the manga besides the WSS title.

Point is Kengou & kenshi are both swordsman. You cannot claim a Daikengou > Kengou > Kenshi. As i said check a few pages back and you will see Zoro's statement officialy translated.

Also ranks were never been officialy mentioned in the manga besides the WSS title.
Non sense

Marines
Fleet Admiral>Admiral>Base Marine soldier

Swordsmen
Daikengou>Kengou>Swordsman

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
If It was as you all said.
Zoro would defeat Shanks first and then defeat Mihawk.
"Mihawk waiting for someone stronger than Shanks"
If this was the case then Oda would draw Zoro beating Shanks, being ready to fight Mihawk and then beating him too.
But Who knows why I don't think anyone here thinks Zoro Will fight Shanks.
Kinda weird, isn't It?
Most don't even think luffy is fighting shanks that's why

If It was as you all said.
Zoro would defeat Shanks first and then defeat Mihawk.
"Mihawk waiting for someone stronger than Shanks"
If this was the case then Oda would draw Zoro beating Shanks, being ready to fight Mihawk and then beating him too.
But Who knows why I don't think anyone here thinks Zoro Will fight Shanks.
Kinda weird, isn't It?
I personally expect some kind of interaction between zoro and shanks but ultimately its up to oda.I also don't see anything wrong with it form a luffy perspective seeing as how he respected mihawk vs zoro so much and would not interfere with his dream by jumping in.

Jeez the cope.

Prefers to put shanks below vista than just accept Mihawk > or = shanks.
Definitely a new breed.
I'm not putting anything friend, I just summarized the facts presented in the topic. I didn't give any opinion. Dai Kengo > Kengo. Vista is a Dai Kengo and Zoro is a Kengo, just as Shanks is a Kengo...now interpret it however you want.

Having a better swordsmanship/swordkill than Shanks doesn't mean anything, his source of power is Haki.

I'm not putting anything friend, I just summarized the facts presented in the topic. I didn't give any opinion. Dai Kengo > Kengo. Vista is a Dai Kengo and Zoro is a Kengo, just as Shanks is a Kengo...now interpret it however you want.

Having a better swordsmanship/swordkill than Shanks doesn't mean anything, his source of power is Haki.
And that last sentence is headcanon so again means nothing.

If you find a source that shows haki is a fighting style and that is shanks only tool go ahead ,so far shanks is a swordman no different from Zoro

Ok, let me try.

Zoro and Shanks are both Kengo. Zoro needed powerful ACoC and stronger CoA to become a Kengo so that mean Zoro = Shanks and haki is included in swordsmanship. Since Vista is a Dai Kengo he is stronger than Zoro and Shanks. That includes haki.

Or

Shanks is stronger than Vista and Zoro since Shanks was compared to Mihawk, not those 2. Kengo is just the name the Marines decided to call Zoro for his growth in haki. Since we don't know what the Marines call Vista we can't say if they call him a Dai Kengo.
:zosmug:

Ok, let me try.

Zoro and Shanks are both Kengo. Zoro needed powerful ACoC and stronger CoA to become a Kengo so that mean Zoro = Shanks and haki is included in swordsmanship. Since Vista is a Dai Kengo he is stronger than Zoro and Shanks. That includes haki.

Or

Shanks is stronger than Vista and Zoro since Shanks was compared to Mihawk, not those 2. Kengo is just the name the Marines decided to call Zoro for his growth in haki. Since we don't know what the Marines call Vista we can't say if they call him a Dai Kengo.
:zosmug:
Or Shanks Is < Vista and Mihawk when It comes to swordsmanship but Is > overall both of them.