General & Others The hate for sakura is lame

Post TS she gained some substance to her character and became a different person. ( We are not talking about her power level but her dialogues, character progression and etc... )

Looks wise Nami takes it but character-wise is a victory for Sakura unless you want to base it on only one arc where Nami shined, lol.
Nami wasn't bad either. She was doing her job very well as character, I'm not talking about fanservice.

The difference is between role and character progression.

Well, Sakura all time was somewhere, and played role of damsell in distress from Bridge Arc till Final War. More to that Sakura's role was all about endless whining that she is weak.

But unlike Nami, Sakura is one of three main heroes, but still she was useless till the Final War, where she threw a punch on Kaguya.

Now I'm not going to talk about Nami's role as navigator, but let's talk about her role in for example WCI arc: stealed Zeus, Helped Luffy defeate Cracker, attacked Younko with Thunder and it worked, tamed homies;

Nami is weaker than Sakura, but she is all time on screen, and she is interesting character that never whine about how strong Luffy is.

You can't say that Sakura is better than Nami only because of power of character!

Nami in PH saved children, in Fishman Island listened Jimbe appologies. She was always important. While Sakura's role was just to be useless all time till Final war.
Post automatically merged:

It is similar. Nami is weak, which is why it makes this moment stand out because she's outmatched.

Sakura on the other hand is the best medic, and she's giving her last bit of chakra just to save Naruto. Not because he's the savior of the world, but because he is her friend and she believes he's close to achieving his dream.

Both moments play into the strengths and weaknesses of both characters

I dislike Sakura but she does have her moments.
Nami and Sakura are different.

Nami who became honest with her feelings show how far she grow from Arlong Park. This girl lived threw hell, so for her reveling her own feelings is something important.

WTF with this argument that Nami is weak LOL

Sakura was weak till Final War battle with Kaguya.

Sakura is best medic, while Nami is best navigator. Nami and Sakura are absolutely different lvl's of characters. Sakura without heavy backstory always acting agressive on Naruto, mostly without reasons. Nami from other hand grew up with pirates, she has boyish character, so even when she try to be a woman, her manners could still reveal in her boyish girl who can beat other people

Last edited:
WTF with this argument that Nami is weak LOL

Sakura was weak till Final War battle with Kaguya.
My point was that it was similar character moments because it played to their roles. Nami is weak, there's no denying that. The moment isn't for her to be strong though, is for her to show bravery and stick for her captain.

Don't get why you would even make it a powerscaling discussion

I don't know where you are from, but even as a kid I knew saying shit like that to an orphan was extremely callous. Judging by the negative reaction Sakura gets in the west, I'd say most agree with me.
She did dumb shit as a kid, quickly realized that it's emotional abuse, and changed it. If you're basing a hate off of one scene in chapter three from a kid who's character quickly got over it, then yikes.

You know in the same chapter, Naruto assaulted Sasuke for no reason, tried to steal his identity then con a girl into kissing him with it, right?

You point being? People are allowed to hate a character for its gags as its part of the character. Biggest example is Sanji.
Nami does the same, and these same people don't bat an eyelash. Also, again, Naruto turning into naked chicks in middle of the street kinda garners the treatment.

I wouldn't mind disliking her for a gag punch here or there if there weren't blatant double standards surrounding that

and this is why I said he barely showed any affection towards her, he was mostly kind to her. That's is barely being affectionate.
Affection is a feeling of fondness towards someone. To love and care for them, and Sasuke did that plenty with both Sakura and Naruto in his ways.

Constantly looking after someone, protecting them, going out of your way to make sure they're okay emotionally even when you don't have to, literally being willing to give up on your life's purpose and die for them because you consider them precious is not "being kind to someone".

People who are willing to go as far as above for you are generally ones you'd want to cherish for life. They're not just being kind to you.

Turns out, in Sakura's case, she already romantically liked him, and Sasuke's behavior towards her only strengthened that. It's not just Sakura. The reason Naruto chased after Sasuke wasn't just because they glanced at each other as kids. It's because during their time as Team 7, Sasuke was genuinely one of a kind friend who, despite putting on an aloof facade, greatly cared for and looked after his two teammates- he had lost it all and they were his newfound family. He absolutely loved them both and it showed.

Btw, it is not just a SasuSaku thing. It's more of a Team 7 narrative. IMO it was very understandable that they considered Sasuke super precious to them. I've re-read Part I several times and Sasuke, to Naruto and Sakura, was definitely and understandably someone you'd want to cherish.

congrats, this literally is part of my Part 2 post where I give props for her character development as this was 1 chapter before Shippuden.
You said she dumped it all on Naruto. She never did. Even in Part I, she felt guilty over Naruto taking responsibility and it became reason for her growth in Part II

Hell, she tried to stop him, couldn't. She was too weak back then. Even when she came to see them, Shikamaru shot off any chance of her joining them immediately:

The intentions don't make up for the fact that Naruto did see through the lie, and instead of apologizing she got mad at him and tried to make him feel bad about it. That is textbook gaslighting
She did not get mad at him. She was just spam telling him that he needs to take care of himself and stop with Sasuke:

And as soon as she learned that Naruto, in actuality, is chasing after him for HIMSELF instead of her primarily, she left:

She wanted to keep the facade because at that point, she just wanted Sasuke dead with minimal emotional impact on Naruto or his "promise"

Again, I said she was wrong here in her method. She did it so he would stop going after Sasuke. Those were her only intentions lol

Last edited:
She did dumb shit as a kid, quickly realized that it's emotional abuse, and changed it. If you're basing a hate off of one scene in chapter three from a kid who's character quickly got over it, then yikes.
it's literally her introduction chapter, of course it will stick to many fans. If Naruto punched a baby in the pilot people are not going to forget lmao.
You know in the same chapter, Naruto assaulted Sasuke for no reason, tried to steal his identity then con a girl into kissing him with it, right?
That whole sequence of events is purposefully made to be goofy, surreal. That is so this moment stands out:

The only serious moment in this chapter is Sasuke scolding Sakura for her words, Kishi wants us to take this event a lot more serious than the previous ones.

Nami does the same, and these same people don't bat an eyelash. Also, again, Naruto turning into naked chicks in middle of the street kinda garners the treatment.

I wouldn't mind disliking her for a gag punch here or there if there weren't blatant double standards surrounding that
Nami also had an entire saga dedicated to her character, Sakura was an ass from the beginning and your best excuse was "She's just a kid!"

Anyways a lot of people here hate Nami so I don't know what you're getting at lmao.

literally being willing to give up on your life's purpose and die for them because you consider them precious is not "being kind to someone".
Except Sakura wasn't there, you keep mentioning this moment but Sakura never knew that Sasuke. Naruto was there when Sasuke gave his life, he was there when Sasuke poor his heart out to him, and he also connected with Sasuke via fighting (canonical way for ninja to share emotions)

Sakura barely knew Sasuke, and from the beginning her character revolved around him. Saving her two times or being kind to her once or twice is barely showing her affection

You said she dumped it all on Naruto. She never did. Even in Part I, she felt guilty over Naruto taking responsibility and it became reason for her growth in Part II
No I didn't, I was referencing this page which was a good Sakura moment

You're fighting ghost right now.

She did not get mad at him. She was just spam telling him that he needs to take care of himself and stop with Sasuke:

she did get angry at her plan failing, you can literally see her expressions. Again, instead of backing down she instead blames naruto for hating her, that is gaslighting my guy.
And as soon as she learned that Naruto, in actuality, is chasing after him for HIMSELF instead of her primarily, she left:

She left because she lost her argument, she still caused Naruto emotional distress.
She wanted to keep the facade because at that point, she just wanted Sasuke dead with minimal emotional impact on Naruto or his "promise"

Again, I said she was wrong here in her method. She did it so he would stop going after Sasuke. Those were her only intentions lol
Again, I am criticizing her actions here, just like 90% of the fandom does. Everybody understands her intentions, her actions are still below garbage

it's literally her introduction chapter, of course it will stick to many fans. If Naruto punched a baby in the pilot people are not going to forget lmao.

That whole sequence of events is purposefully made to be goofy, surreal. That is so this moment stands out:
Naruto had a bad rep, was class clown, dick to others and generally very spoiled from an outside perspective.

Sakura, young and igorant to how it actually feels, judged him like others and said wrong things. Sasuke scolded her, and she immediately recognized why it's wrong, and decided she should be nicer to him. She did not do it because it pissed off Sasuke, but rather genuine empathy for Naruto; her line of thought was, "Does Naruto feel the same way?"

This, IMO, was a positive development and trait of her character despite being young. But if you want to paint it as negative, I agree to disagree.

Anyways a lot of people here hate Nami so I don't know what you're getting at lmao.
There are a lot who don't bat an eye at Nami hitting her crewmmates for very little in comical manner, but get pissed as fuck at Sakura doing that. This was targeted towards those.

Also, in Manga, the hitting gag is toned down massively compared to anime.

Except Sakura wasn't there, you keep mentioning this moment but Sakura never knew that Sasuke. Naruto was there when Sasuke gave his life, he was there when Sasuke poor his heart out to him, and he also connected with Sasuke via fighting (canonical way for ninja to share emotions)

Sakura barely knew Sasuke, and from the beginning her character revolved around him. Saving her two times or being kind to her once or twice is barely showing her affectionp.
Disagree. Someone who is constantly looking out for you and going out of their way to make sure you're okay both physically and emotionally when they don't have to do so isn't just being kind. That person cares for you and loves you- whether platonically or non-platonically.

Throughout their time together, Naruto and Sakura became so important to Sasuke that he was willing to sacrifice his life and give up on vengeance for them. It's obvious that the reverse would be true, too. Naruto considered him akin to a brother by the time Part I was over, and Sakura's feelings grew from a crush to something more genuine.

Kishimoto might've off-screened some missions that he shouldn't have (between Zabuza arc and CE), but Team 7 grew a lot closer and cherished each other is a fact.

There is nothing wrong with Sakura's feelings growing for Sasuke. He was someone to hold dear in Part I, and even he started caring a lot for not only Naruto, but her as well by the end of CE.

No I didn't, I was referencing this page which was a good Sakura moment

You're fighting ghost right now.
Oh, misinterpreted. My bad.

Last edited:
don’t care about gags or powerscaling

The fundamental problem with Sakura’s character is that a HUGE part character revolve around her undying love for Sasuke, from her introduction to the last chapter. Yet it was never explained why. You can technically make an argument that people don’t decide who they fall in love with but as a reader she just seems an obsessive fangirl for the story « bad boy » who never grew out of her crush. Add to this a weak backstory (had a catfight with her best friend who helped her for a shit reason) and it is understandable why lot of readers have little sympathy for her, especially when she supposed to be part of the « main 3 ».

any straw hat shits on Sakura in term of characterization btw

they fall in love with but as a reader she just seems an obsessive fangirl for the story « bad boy »
Sasuke was furthest thing from bad boy in part one, specially towards his team. Even Naruto was many times times the more asshole and dichkead.

I agree that Sakura's character revolving around Sasuke is retarded, but I don't get this narrative people push. Be it Sakura OR Naruto, for that matter; their excessive care and love for Sasuke was never without foundation. Sasuke was by large the most caring and mature of the trio who oftentimes looked after them, both physically and emotionally, and kept them together like a glue in Part I. So when he left, they chased hard.