The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

@Admiral Lee Hung

Lots of people actually think BotW2 may even surpass MM as the darkest Zelda game but looking at the pure weirdness, creepiness, sadness but beautifulness of MM, do you think it could even be as dark as MM, let alone surpassing it?

I'm very anticipated of the upcoming sequel BUT quite frankly I wouldn't keep my expectations THAT high to think it may even surpass MM as the darkest Zelda game.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Admiral Lee Hung

Lots of people actually think BotW2 may even surpass MM as a darkest Zelda game but looking at the pure weirdness, creepiness, sadness but beautifulness of MM, do you think it could even be as dark as MM, let alone surpassing it?

I'm very anticipated of the upcoming sequel BUT quite frankly I wouldn't keep my expectations THAT high to think it may even surpass MM as the darkest Zelda game.
It depends on what you mean by “Dark” lol. Majora’s Mask had a lot of grim themes, almost the entire game is about death and loss.

The original Breath of the Wild itself was pretty dark, I think people overlook that. The whole game is Link exploring the results of his own failure, a once prosperous Kingdom that was brought to ruin that Link and his friends could not defend. So BotW2 has potential to have a dark storyline as a result (and probably will).

Not that I think having a dark story makes things good persay lol. Majora’s Mask to me is incredible not because it is dark, but because it is abstract in a memorable way. That’s the shit I like lol.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Pretty good video, essentially the theory is that the “prophecy” in BOTW that “the power to defeat Calamity Ganon lies dormant beneath the ground” was a conspiracy invented to get the Hylians to unearth the Sheika technology so that Ganon could use it to destroy them lol.

Last edited:
Pretty good video, essentially the theory is that the “prophecy” in BOTW that “the power to defeat Calamity Ganon lies dormant beneath the ground” was a conspiracy invented to get the Hylians to unearth the Shika technology so that Ganon could use it to destroy them lol.

Have you played Age of Calamity? If not, its plot might be interesting for this theory.

And yes, I definitely believe that the prophecy, which the fortune teller told them, itself was just fake in order to grab all that ancient technology from its ground in which Calamity Ganon can use all the technology.

The true prophecy was certainly the fact that they should have looked at Ganondorf's corpse which lies dormant beneath the ground but they completely misinterpret the prophecy and thought "Hey, let's grab all that shitty ancient stuff and let's whoop Ganon's ass with that!".
But hey, it's not the first time that The King of Hyrule is/was a dumbass in the lore! I think it has something to do with their genes since all Kings of Hyrule fucked up everything. :kappa:
Post automatically merged:

It depends on what you mean by “Dark” lol. Majora’s Mask had a lot of grim themes, almost the entire game is about death and loss.

The original Breath of the Wild itself was pretty dark, I think people overlook that. The whole game is Link exploring the results of his own failure, a once prosperous Kingdom that was brought to ruin that Link and his friends could not defend. So BotW2 has potential to have a dark storyline as a result (and probably will).

Not that I think having a dark story makes things good persay lol. Majora’s Mask to me is incredible not because it is dark, but because it is abstract in a memorable way. That’s the shit I like lol.
Yeah, I agree with everything you said.

On the other hand, BotW2 might even be focused purely on the dark plot which BotW showed a bit. It might adapt the unsettling creepiness of Twilight Princess whilst also adapting the brilliancy of MM.

I was never a fan of the timelimit in MM.One of the reasons i never finished the game.The moment the game died for me was pre-dungeon 4.

At the point where you have to brew the drink together.Looked way too time consuming to me after i checked a walkthrough

OoT has still the biggest impact and one of the worst dungeons...Watertempel

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Have you played Age of Calamity? If not, its plot might be interesting for this theory.

And yes, I definitely believe that the prophecy, which the fortune teller told them, itself was just fake in order to grab all that ancient technology from its ground in which Calamity Ganon can use all the technology.

The true prophecy was certainly the fact that they should have looked at Ganondorf's corpse which lies dormant beneath the ground but they completely misinterpret the prophecy and thought "Hey, let's grab all that shitty ancient stuff and let's whoop Ganon's ass with that!".
But hey, it's not the first time that The King of Hyrule is/was a dumbass in the lore! I think it has something to do with their genes since all Kings of Hyrule fucked up everything. :kappa:
Not yet lol. DS3 NG+ calls my name. No lie, Dark Souls 3 is a top 3 game of all time for me lol.

I love when games have fully thought out their stories and worlds to such a huge degree. Here I was being like “okay, it’s Barbarian Armor because it makes me better at combat. There are no barbarians in Zelda lol.”

Here comes my guy in the video like “bruh, Link was actually a barbarian in the prophecy, and he was wielding the same magic energy shown in the trailer for BotW2.”

I wonder how much actual canon Zelda history is buried in these games that we will just never know about lol.

Not yet lol. DS3 NG+ calls my name. No lie, Dark Souls 3 is a top 3 game of all time for me lol.

I love when games have fully thought out their stories and worlds to such a huge degree. Here I was being like “okay, it’s Barbarian Armor because it makes me better at combat. There are no barbarians in Zelda lol.”

Here comes my guy in the video like “bruh, Link was actually a barbarian in the prophecy, and he was wielding the same magic energy shown in the trailer for BotW2.”

I wonder how much actual canon Zelda history is buried in these games that we will just never know about lol.
Dark Souls 3 is GOATED by me lol.

Breath of the Wild has A LOT of secrets hidden for the players. The interesting thing is how many new questions does a 1 min teaser deliver for the theorists. "Oh, look at the luminous stones! They have the same kind of color like the runes surrounding Ganondorf's corpse. And its description says its glow is the soul of the dead which is freaking insane!!".

That's seriously better than this "That hero was Ganondorf 10.000 years ago!" theory which is just extremely odd. Ganondorf is the incarnation of Demise's hatred. Would be weird if there existed a Ganondorf who was good lol.

The funny thing is, even if the developers didn't think so much when they invented all those lore details, they can still use said details for future Zelda games.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Dark Souls 3 is GOATED by me lol.

Breath of the Wild has A LOT of secrets hidden for the players. The interesting thing is how many new questions does a 1 min teaser deliver for the theorists. "Oh, look at the luminous stones! They have the same kind of color like the runes surrounding Ganondorf's corpse. And its description says its glow is the soul of the dead which is freaking insane!!".

That's seriously better than this "That hero was Ganondorf 10.000 years ago!" theory which is just extremely odd. Ganondorf is the incarnation of Demise's hatred. Would be weird if there existed a Ganondorf who was good lol.

The funny thing is, even if the developers didn't think so much when they invented all those lore details, they can still use said details for future Zelda games.
Half the time, I think the developers just do random shit without thinking too much into it just to fuck with theorists, and then later reverse engineer stories from those random choices just to blow the minds of theorists lol.

In Zelda’s case, I think Nintendo had no idea whatsoever to connect the story of these games until they started receiving lore questions from theorists and such, and then they wrote the big connecting stories by taking inspiration from the community lol.

But it is cool to speculate on what aspects of the world of Zelda will later have big impact on the future of the franchise lol.

In Zelda’s case, I think Nintendo had no idea whatsoever to connect the story of these games until they started receiving lore questions from theorists and such, and then they wrote the big connecting stories by taking inspiration from the community lol.
It is note worthy to know that the Zelda dev team highly cooperated with half of Monolift Soft's members who developed the Xeno franchise.

Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is highly connected within the lore; and I don't mean half-assed stuff, there were plottwists which shocked the entire Xenoblade community which nobody ever expected.
I do think that the Zelda dev team could have been inspired by Monolift Soft and due to the fact that they are working together for BotW/BotW2, it is likely that Monolift Soft even helps them with certain lore connections. It's my headcanon tho lol.

But it is cool to speculate on what aspects of the world of Zelda will later have big impact on the future of the franchise lol.
Definitely; there's also the question why the ocean from Wind Waker is suddenly gone in BotW since apparently BotW connects all three timelines, which is definitely a possible plot for future Zelda games.
Like I said, they have LOTS of stuff to either retcon or reuse for lots of upcoming Zelda games, it is amazing how much the Zelda franchise is filled with lore.

Still the best Zelda Commercial

Its awesome how the Majora Moon falls down on the earth.The design of the Moon is still awesome
Imo this was the best Zelda trailer:

Nevertheless, the MM commercial is one heck of a commercial lmao.

It is note worthy to know that the Zelda dev team highly cooperated with half of Monolift Soft's members who developed the Xeno franchise.

Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is highly connected within the lore; and I don't mean half-assed stuff, there were plottwists which shocked the entire Xenoblade community which nobody ever expected.
I do think that the Zelda dev team could have been inspired by Monolift Soft and due to the fact that they are working together for BotW/BotW2, it is likely that Monolift Soft even helps them with certain lore connections. It's my headcanon tho lol.

Definitely; there's also the question why the ocean from Wind Waker is suddenly gone in BotW since apparently BotW connects all three timelines, which is definitely a possible plot for future Zelda games.
Like I said, they have LOTS of stuff to either retcon or reuse for lots of upcoming Zelda games, it is amazing how much the Zelda franchise is filled with lore.

Imo this was the best Zelda trailer:

Nevertheless, the MM commercial is one heck of a commercial lmao.
I'm disappointed in you,you choose the normal trailer instead of the e3 reaction version :giogio:

How old were yall when you played MM?

:wonderland:

First time i played MM was the 3DS Version.

What do you think about the E3 TechDemo Trailer?
I still think the more "Adult" Artstyle like OoT/MM/TP fits the most for the Zelda series
I used to think "Yeah, this shit is the best!" and I was disappointed at first to see a different artstyle with BotW but at the end, BotW's artstyle is absolutely amazing and it definitely portrays the pure wild natural but post-apocalyptic world Link is exploring there very well.
On the other hand, seeing a new Zelda game with the new shaded HD TP artstyle would be epic as well.