General & Others The OP fandom irony!

I

Inspector_Mu

The one that said WB was Roger's equal is Buggy
Shiki stated Roger was superior to WB and Navy Men by calling Roged a wall that stood before WB when he was talking to WB .
This is the man who knew the legends better than Buggy since he fought them in battles

Even Akainu called WB a loser, he saw wb roger since golden era...

Yet people are stuck with buggy words...who was a mere cabin boy for roger last pirate years (* he didnt witness roger whole piracy during golden era) he was 15/16 when 25/24 years ago.

How the hell does this fandom weight buggy words more than Shiki who witnessed WB Roger Garp Sengoku since Rox Era till the end of Golden era.

This is why Roger bounty is 500+ millions above!
A clear cut of portrayal to show the gap is there between roger and WB , this goes to confirm what Shiki and Akainu said.
while WB bounty is only roughly 400 (390s) above Kaido [who's way younger than wb, and also he's from shanks generation of piracy (the mid gen) ]
This isnt clear cut of portrayal.

Using bounties :
Roger > WB>~ Kaido> = BM > ~ Shanks
This is why toger is Pk while wb was emperor alongside his rocks pals and shanks

Two mid gen : Shanks and Kaido grew to stand on same level as WB!!! Kaido even surpass wb in individual hype as 1 vs 1 champ, ot the point people cant know who is superior between wb and kaido (per Ace novels) kaido grew to be WSC during WB lifetime!!!

Shiki statement is the correct one, it is Roger who was PK, it is Roger who with Garp that took down WB captain, it is Roger who has the highest bounty.
WB died and lost badly the war, he died to his own ex underling hands while Roger gave himself up.

WB isnt 100 equal to roger as buggy said
he is near equal ! Per Portrayal hype and Shiki statements

Conclusion:
Roger >= WB
Just like Kaido >= BM or Any pairing where the other has slight edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I just don't understand, what is new about this?
We all know at the end of day, Roger is at top. WB in prime is closest to Roger's level, and in his sickness and late state, he MIGHT (and underline the word might and make it bold) he MIGHT have been surpassed by the closest person to him (Kaido).

I think MOST people already knew that, and it doesn't matter if some even state that WB was equal to Roger just like Buggy said, at the end of day, those same people, you can ask them "in a death battle, where a tie cannot be the result, and there must be a winner, who your votes are for?" and I can guarantee that almost all of one piece fandom will be voting for Roger. And if there was a person who voted for WB, he's a troll without a doubt.

Why are we having the Roger-WB comparison when we all know how it is with those two?

Honestly, I'm much more intrigued by Garp lately haha, and how does he stack up to WB when both at their prime! That's a bit more dangerous territory and speculation will be wild as fuck haha.

I think a big issue the main feats for Whitbeard are from Marineford were he was old and sick. Even Garp was only 50% his strength (according to himself) of when he was in his Prime. And Whitebeard was even older and sick, maybe even 30% of his Prime strength. Plus the Marines held every advantage during the War. Numbers, they had Ace so that Whitebeard couldn't destroy the base from the get go. The even had "special" armored plating made specifically for Whitebeard.
We don't know how their fights went back in the day. Neither was able to straight up kill the other.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Roger and wb are equals. Going to raftel wb could have done at any time to become a new pirate king. That wouldnt have made him any stronger. Hes the reason meme and kaido the two failures have been building for 20 odd years.

I

Inspector_Mu

Narrator boxes during his death said WB was Roger's equal. That's where most people get the WB=Roger from and rightfully so.
Narrator boxes are misleading too
In fact I can also Say Wb> Roger based on wb being wsm while roger wasn't.

What is the actual truth? Shiki says roger was a wall beford them (wait when did shikie escape prison again, I think 22 years ago or so)
Narrator says Equal, buggy says equal yet Roger stolk has an edge
Conclusion Roger >= WB

I think a big issue the main feats for Whitbeard are from Marineford were he was old and sick. Even Garp was only 50% his strength (according to himself) of when he was in his Prime. And Whitebeard was even older and sick, maybe even 30% of his Prime strength. Plus the Marines held every advantage during the War. Numbers, they had Ace so that Whitebeard couldn't destroy the base from the get go. The even had "special" armored plating made specifically for Whitebeard.
We don't know how their fights went back in the day. Neither was able to straight up kill the other.
Why does everyone take those quotes from Garp into statistics LOL.
What garp meant is simply he's not as strong as he was. But I have no doubt that the whole "half my strength" is literal where he can only do 50% LOL. It reminds me of KOL when he starts to talk about 10,000 meters under water pressure and starts applying mathmatics with Luffy destroying Noah Ship with Luffy destroying an island ...etc. Like, it isn't like that people hahaha. Calm down with the math and stats lol
Post automatically merged:

Roger and wb are equals. Going to raftel wb could have done at any time to become a new pirate king. That wouldnt have made him any stronger. Hes the reason meme and kaido the two failures have been building for 20 odd years.
Actually, you don't know that. One Piece COULD/MIGHT have made him stronger. the three terminologies used for One Piece "Wealth, Fame, Power". No one knows what obtaining One Piece and reaching Laugh tale would accomplish. and sure, it may give power in other ways than physical, but all I'm saying, nothing is confirmed yet what it accomplishes.

What garp meant is simply he's not as strong as he was. But I have no doubt that the whole "half my strength" is literal where he can only do 50% LOL. It reminds me of KOL when he starts to talk about 10,000 meters under water pressure and starts applying mathmatics with Luffy destroying Noah Ship with Luffy destroying an island ...etc. Like, it isn't like that people hahaha. Calm down with the math and stats lol
I don't think the exact math really matters, rather that Garp was weaker in his old age, and Whitebeard was older and ill at the time. Meaning he was even further from his Prime strength.

I don't think the exact math really matters, rather that Garp was weaker in his old age, and Whitebeard was older and ill at the time. Meaning he was even further from his Prime strength.
Yeah, I can agree to that. BUT let's also not forget that old age and sickness affects you haki, but your DF is not much affected by Haki.

Meaning, while it's true that the likelihood of garp's haki and physical strength declining might be less than WB's. WB has the advantage in that he has another source of power that age isn't really affecting it that much, which is the tremor DF. While Garp solely relies on his physical strength and haki, so if those things were lost, his cards were lost, while with WB, his DF is a major winning trump card he can play even with his age.

That's why I'm saying, people shouldn't base it on that. rather, they should take every case with its own analysis, once we see garp, and what he can do at his current level, and then we compare them both Garp and WB to their old primes, we may get more understanding about how much decrease everyone got, and where thet both stood in those different timeline

Yeah, I can agree to that. BUT let's also not forget that old age and sickness affects you haki, but your DF is not much affected by Haki.

Meaning, while it's true that the likelihood of garp's haki and physical strength declining might be less than WB's. WB has the advantage in that he has another source of power that age isn't really affecting it that much, which is the tremor DF. While Garp solely relies on his physical strength and haki, so if those things were lost, his cards were lost, while with WB, his DF is a major winning trump card he can play even with his age.

That's why I'm saying, people shouldn't base it on that. rather, they should take every case with its own analysis, once we see garp, and what he can do at his current level, and then we compare them both Garp and WB to their old primes, we may get more understanding about how much decrease everyone got, and where thet both stood in those different timeline
While I disagree with you on his Devil Fruit giving an advantage, the Marines took that away during Marineford with how they planned and how they placed Ace so Whitbeard could "freely" use his powers without hurting Ace.

While I disagree with you on his Devil Fruit giving an advantage, the Marines took that away during Marineford with how they planned and how they placed Ace so Whitbeard could "freely" use his powers without hurting Ace.
Sengoku and Akainu having high IQ lol.

I will put it in this way, Whitebeard and Roger were equal. But if I have to bet on one, I will go with Roger. Simple.
Exactly my point earlier. Every sane person will end up putting his money on Roger at the end of you have to choose

HA001

Actually, you don't know that. One Piece COULD/MIGHT have made him stronger. the three terminologies used for One Piece "Wealth, Fame, Power". No one knows what obtaining One Piece and reaching Laugh tale would accomplish. and sure, it may give power in other ways than physical, but all I'm saying, nothing is confirmed yet what it accomplishes.
We do. Roger was gonna tell him where it was. He declined. Going to raftel wouldnt make wb any stronger.

Buggy never said Whitebeard and Roger were equals. He just said Whitebeard was able to stalemate Roger in a fight (that he saw).

Chinjao pretty much confirmed if you aren't regarded as the one who stands above all pirates and marines, you cant be recognized as the Pirate King.

Narrator boxes during his death said WB was Roger's equal. That's where most people get the WB=Roger from and rightfully so.
Narrator box in japanese never talked about them being dead equals from what I've been told regarding the translation. Viz simplified the translation to "equal of even the Pirate king". The Japanese narration mentions something along the lines of Whitebeard being somebody who fought the Pirate King on the seas.

HA001

Buggy never said Whitebeard and Roger were equals. He just said Whitebeard was able to stalemate Roger in a fight (that he saw).

Chinjao pretty much confirmed if you aren't regarded as the one who stands above all pirates and marines, you cant be recognized as the Pirate King.

Narrator box in japanese never talked about them being dead equals from what I've been told regarding the translation. Viz simplified the translation to "equal of even the Pirate king". The Japanese narration mentions something along the lines of Whitebeard being somebody who fought the Pirate King on the seas.
Wb from rogers death to when he got sick.
Wb was above all the yonko and admirals.

Roger is probably the only pirate Akainu respects.
The thing is:
Oda will never dehype Luffy's goal, simple as that.
Only OP fandom that tries to discredit the dude that was known as King (a major feat according to the current fleet admiral).