Theory The original Nika couldn’t stretch

As Lore piece boots up let’s talk about the past here:

Before Luffy, before Joyboy, there was Nika. The original fun loving maniacal White Warrior who was said to have a rubber body and could stretch to his heart content.

But how could he do it? I personally think it’s possible he couldn’t. Nika very likely existed, however, like all stories, exaggerations and misunderstandings occur as stories are told through generations. Which leads to the possibility that Nikas true form was a simple Shandian/Birkan/Skypeian. One of the people who came from the moon in the ancient past well before the void century. So where did Luffys powers come from?

The answer is simple and explains both Luffys form and abilities. Island Clouds. Nika, when the story of the sun god came about, may have simply wore an armor made of Island Clouds. That’s why when Luffy turns to Gear 5, he becomes all white and his hair becomes a fiery looking cloud to mimic the form Nika took when the Giants of Elbaf looked to him as a God.

The island clouds have been shown to be extremely bouncy like what we saw Luffy Usopp and Chopper do back on Skypeia heavily mimicking what Luffy is able to do here on Egghead. And as we saw there are island clouds capable of stretching and changing shape when Ohm used these clouds to change his swords form against Zoro.

The reason I like this theory is because it explains the origins of Luffys abilities without implementing actual gods in the world. Beyond that it also grounds the story more because nothing is more realistic than a myth being exaggerated due to the passage of time.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Nika was the name of a God of Elbaf which means there’s an original of the myth.
And, he could be the one who had that df for the first time.

Isn't there a theory about a giant tree at elbaf and dfs are being linked to it?

And, he could be the one who had that df for the first time.

Isn't there a theory about a giant tree at elbaf and dfs are being linked to it?
Yes but for the fruit to exist Nika had to exist first.

The fruits are created from the desires. And without Nika first existing the desire for him cannot exist therefore the fruit can’t either.

Reborn

Yes but for the fruit to exist Nika had to exist first.

The fruits are created from the desires. And without Nika first existing the desire for him cannot exist therefore the fruit can’t either.
And, that's what I am telling you.

Nika is a given name to Sun god.

Luffy was just luffy before he awakened and became Nika.

In ancient time, a person could have desire and got hand to df and then he became Nika or was called Nika.

Most likely Nika was a giant who, much like Zoro is doing with Asura, willed his stretchiness into being at some point. Maybe he was a dwarf giant, wanting to be as tall as everybody else?
Regardless, after his death, his desire turned into a DF.

Reborn

Most likely Nika was a giant who, much like Zoro is doing with Asura, willed his stretchiness into being at some point. Maybe he was a dwarf giant, wanting to be as tall as everybody else?
Real question is why this doesn't work now?

Why anyone's desire doesn't take tangible form of df?

People no longer live in the right climate/aren't giant/don't have the proper diet -- fuck knows how Oda's going to explain why only Zoro (and maybe Bonney) can do it and others not.

But Zoro doesn’t physically grow multiple arms and legs. It’s an aura he is able to release and this aura increases the strength of his cuts.

Or did that get retconned to him physically growing these body parts?

The fruits themselves evolve after initially being made.

The fruits comprise of All Things, so All Things have been evolving. The fruits tend to go toward people who they favor like the Gourmet Ingredients in Toriko chose their chefs.

A new fruit is only constituted if something entirely new gets added to the concept of All Things. That can be justified if someone becomes a God, and there has never been a God like that before. It would create a new mythical model type.

My feeling is that Asura isn't new. It has always existed.

Reborn

People no longer live in the right climate/aren't giant/don't have the proper diet -- fuck knows how Oda's going to explain why only Zoro (and maybe Bonney) can do it and others not.
But Zoro doesn’t physically grow multiple arms and legs. It’s an aura he is able to release and this aura increases the strength of his cuts.

Or did that get retconned to him physically growing these body parts?
The fruits themselves evolve after initially being made.

The fruits comprise of All Things, so All Things have been evolving. The fruits tend to go toward people who they favor like the Gourmet Ingredients in Toriko chose their chefs.

A new fruit is only constituted if something entirely new gets added to the concept of All Things. That can be justified if someone becomes a God, and there has never been a God like that before. It would create a new mythical model type.

My feeling is that Asura isn't new. It has always existed.
I read it again and it does make some sense but there are some gaps.

Whenever df user dies, df goes where it's desired.

For instance, when ace died, his fruit emerged in that part of the world and close to that person who desired it.

Now, one can say there is a possibility that more than one person desired / dreamt of the same abilities.

In this case, fruit will respawn near to that person whose will power is strongest - desire is strongest.

Bonney wanted to age quickly and turn 10 so that she can travel with kuma and her desire was so strong (evident from backstory) that fruit respawned near her.

Luffy desire was to be pirate king...to be free and we know he was destined with strong will. Nika df like zoans has will of their own and ended up exactly where desire was the most....

WG was not able to get hold over it because zoans had will...and, it somehow ended up with luffy because luffy had that desire as well.

BB got yami while being on the ship because he was looking for yami...the desire.

I guess there is a will of the creator or ancient race that guides the dfs to where it's desired the most..

But gaps....

1) people who have no desire can also get df abilities... Buggy is an example

2) How df can trace the desires?

3)how inanimate objects can have df?

My thought here is....

Nika the Sun God never truly existed.

But, Joyboy did.

Nika the Sun God was a myth created by the Giants, and the myth became real when they created Devil Fruits - It's the Giant's collective dream being personified.

The same thing is true of every other mythical fruit. None of them ever truly existed in the world.

My thought here is....

But, Joyboy did.

Nika the Sun God was a myth created by the Giants, and the myth became real when they created Devil Fruits - It's the Giant's collective dream being personified.
Yeah, I think that intertwines with my viewpoint. People just worshipped this person and desired the concept of the Sun God which ultimately manifested itself as a DF in which Joyboy consumed and thus became the true Sun God.

My thought here is....

But, Joyboy did.

The same thing is true of every other mythical fruit. None of them ever truly existed in the world.
I have a hard time believing Nika never existed because the fruit needed a desire to be born from. The fruit can’t create Nika because the fruit can only be born from the people’s desire for Nika.

I have a hard time believing Nika never existed because the fruit needed a desire to be born from. The fruit can’t create Nika because the fruit can only be born from the people’s desire for Nika.
Okay. It's real simple, though.

People's dreams turn into Devil Fruits.
- Why can't the Giant's dream of Sun God Nika become a Devil Fruit?

I'm open to any objections you might have.

He just explained this, there was an initial desire for the Sun of God based off of the Giants "Tale" that was fake. Say for example, someone created some falsehood regarding Ussop and regarded him as a God with all these abilities, or say someone like Buggy(Troll characters), if the people desire for the concept of such person, they can manifest it given the nature of the Devil Fruits. They'd also desire it given the fact that these tales were never true in the first place, so they'd be waiting for Nika to arrive despite him being a fairytale, but because of the innate desire(as per mentioned above), Nika would still manifest itself into a fruit ready to be consumed.