Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Around the 300m range

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 500m+ (Specify)

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
It makes perfect sense that Kozaburo could have been friends with Dragon if he was the rebellious type too. If Tashigi is connected by blood to the Shimotsuki clan there is an irony that she is possibly the granddaughter of a pirate.

Its interesting that Kuina and Kozaburo were very close.
Oh, I like this. No matter how much she tried in the past, she can't escape her connection to Pirates.

There's still that interview with Oda where he was asked if there was a connection between Koshiro and the Revolutionary.

Oh, I like this. No matter how much she tried in the past, she can't escape her connection to Pirates.

There's still that interview with Oda where he was asked if there was a connection between Koshiro and the Revolutionary.
Its even more ironic that Smoker and G-5 are considered crazy marines who don't follow orders.

If I had to guess Kozaburo was likely supportive of Kuina's dream of becoming WSS which explains why she was sad at his funeral. He is clearly someone who likes to break the rules so its logical that he was a pirates. It makes sense Kuina/Tashigi inherited his rebellious side. To top it off, he is a complete sword nerd and talks like Tashigi.

Dragon also seems to hold pirates in certain esteem. He did not have anything against Luffy wanting to become one. The Revolutionaries tend to recruit people who reject established rules and systems of the WG. Sabo chose not to become a noble. Koala is going against the discrimination faced by Fishmen. Ivankov literally rejects gender roles and create miracles. I think someone like Kozaburo from an isolated island could have caught Dragon's attention. He lived a long life outside Wano so a lot could have happened.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
If I had to guess Kozaburo was likely supportive of Kuina's dream of becoming WSS which explains why she was sad at his funeral. He is clearly someone who likes to break the rules so its logical that he was a pirates. It makes sense Kuina/Tashigi inherited his rebellious side. To top it off, he is a complete sword nerd and talks like Tashigi.
Absolutely. He likely fled Wano for the exact same reasons Oden did. He hated how cramped and stuffy it was. Which explains why he later settled into his own village with less restrictions, possibly. And his advice to Zoro directly mirrors Koshiro's, so it's possible the father and son did not see eye to eye on matters, such as Kuina's ambitions vs traditions.

Dragon also seems to hold pirates in certain esteem. He did not have anything against Luffy wanting to become one. The Revolutionaries tend to recruit people who reject established rules and systems of the WG. Sabo chose not to become a noble. Koala is going against the discrimination faced by Fishmen. Ivankov literally rejects gender roles and create miracles. I think someone like Kozaburo from an isolated island could have caught Dragon's attention. He lived a long life outside Wano so a lot could have happened.
Dragon didn't seem too concerned about retaliating against Blackbeard for taking their base. He probably views them, at worst, the lesser of two evils between them and the government.

And Dragon's tattoo bears a resemblance to the patterns found on Ryuma's kimono.

Ryuma also has the Kanji for Dragon in the middle of the pattern.

Absolutely. He likely fled Wano for the exact same reasons Oden did. He hated how cramped and stuffy it was. Which explains why he later settled into his own village with less restrictions, possibly. And his advice to Zoro directly mirrors Koshiro's, so it's possible the father and son did not see eye to eye on matters, such as Kuina's ambitions vs traditions.

Dragon didn't seem too concerned about retaliating against Blackbeard for taking their base. He probably views them, at worst, the lesser of two evils between them and the government.

And Dragon's tattoo bears a resemblance to the patterns found on Ryuma's kimono.

Ryuma also has the Kanji for Dragon in the middle of the pattern.

Kozaburo created Enma when he was still living in Wano. I would not be surprised if he was a notorious troublemaker and outlaw which explains why saying Sunachi was banned. He is likely the one who inspired Oden to do the same. Enma seems to have come from his younger and rebellious days. Conversely, I believe he forged Wado Ichimonji when he fell in love, matured, founded a village and had a child thus embracing the path to harmony. Garp considers East Blue as a sign of peace despite being weak.

I wonder if Kozaburo was a founding member of the Revolutionaries which would explain why Dragon knew they would help them with food and supplies. I need to check the timeline if Kuina's grandfather was still alive...

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Kozaburo created Enma when he was still living in Wano. I would not be surprised if he was a notorious troublemaker and outlaw which explains why saying Sunachi was banned. He is likely the one who inspired Oden to do the same. Enma seems to have come from his younger and rebellious days. Conversely, I believe he forged Wado Ichimonji when he fell in love, matured, founded a village and had a child thus embracing the path to harmony. Garp considers East Blue as a sign of peace despite being weak.

I wonder if Kozaburo was a founding member of the Revolutionaries which would explain why Dragon knew they would help them with food and supplies. I need to check the timeline if Kuina's grandfather was still alive...
Isn't Dragon in his 50s? By the time he was born, Kozaburo was likely already in the process of leaving Wano. I know he lived most of his years away from Wano in Shimotsuki Village, but from the way he appeared in the chapter, he's largely distant from the village and probably sailed off to sea whenever he pleased.

Isn't Dragon in his 50s? By the time he was born, Kozaburo was likely already in the process of leaving Wano. I know he lived most of his years away from Wano in Shimotsuki Village, but from the way he appeared in the chapter, he's largely distant from the village and probably sailed off to sea whenever he pleased.
Kozaburo looks to be in his 90's in that flashback so I think its possible that he met a young Dragon. Considering how crazy old people are in One Piece, I can't picture him as someone who likes to stay put I mean he took the initiative to go outside of Wano. He probably went on his own adventures when Koushiro was mature enough. I like to think that he retired very late in his life.

I wonder if Kozaburo's retirement foreshadows Zoro's future in some way...

Last edited:
Was it an accident that Oda put Tashigi on the cover page of a chapter about a famous wano swordsmith that is alo related to Kuina?
Tashigi will atleast be a cousin or something

At the time prior to when Kozaburo left Wano, he likely met Ushimaru when he was still a boy, possibly the same age as when he first encountered Zoro. That sort of twist of fate I can see Oda pulling.
In addition, Ushimaru looks a lot like Marimo in his forties. Its not farfetched that he looked up to Kozaburo when he was young. Despite being an outlaw, he was considered a legendary swordsmith. If you have a soon to be orphaned child it makes sense to send him to someone you know who still value the way of the samurai.

This has to be the reason why Ushimaru sent Zoro to the Shimotsuki village. I am assuming this is not the last flashback and Oda is clearly teasing a lot more.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This has to be the reason why Ushimaru sent Zoro to the Shimotsuki village. I am assuming this is not the last flashback and Oda is clearly teasing a lot more.
Wano was also experiencing a period of decline at around the time Zoro would've been conceived. Those conditions for living were likely not seen as ideal for his family, and sent them off so they could start a new life. But being a Samurai of Wano, Ushimaru just couldn't abandon his homeland.

Was it an accident that Oda put Tashigi on the cover page of a chapter about a famous wano swordsmith that is alo related to Kuina?
Tashigi will atleast be a cousin or something
I'm 50/50. The cover was just too perfect when paired with the chapter, and Oda likely chooses what request accompanies a chapter. But there are too many instances of cover requests not relating to the chapter in any meaningful way, that I can't in good faith think too deeply on it.

It sucks Tashigi should have made appearance in this arc giving her depth about sword knowledge and wano origins . She would have been curious about wano being closed off as well .

Oda completely forgot about her in this arc.

I'm not ready to write her off just yet.
Honestly biggest twist would be if she is descendants of kitetsu or something. Also i observed as child she was reading encyclopedias about sword and could name different cursed sword. Its very likely her family origins from clan of craftsman.

Its possible she was born outside of wano and dont know her family origins .

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Honestly biggest twist would be if she is descendants of kitetsu or something. Also i observed as child she was reading encyclopedias about sword and could name different cursed sword. Its very likely her family origins from clan of craftsman.

We know thanks to Oda that many citizens from Wano migrated to East Blue. I doubt Tashigi was born in Wano, but rather is a descendant of those who immigrated from there. I personally believe she comes from a clan of female warriors, who wished to spread their crafted to the world, but were assaulted by Pirates. She now carries on the hopes of her slain family, and wishes to avenge them by stripping criminals of their like of their power.

We know thanks to Oda that many citizens from Wano migrated to East Blue. I doubt Tashigi was born in Wano, but rather is a descendant of those who immigrated from there. I personally believe she comes from a clan of female warriors, who wished to spread their crafted to the world, but were assaulted by Pirates. She now carries on the hopes of her slain family, and wishes to avenge them by stripping criminals of their like of their power.
Also shigure her sword themes well with rain in autumn . We know shiryuu is called "shiryuu of rain".

Shiryuu could be related to her.

It would be great if Tashigi's family origins are a clan of swordsmiths such as the Kitetsu. The reason Tashigi doesn't know how to do swordsmith is because her mother/father died. With how Tashigi can sense swords are crying and her dream of taking meito from horrible people. She will just be taking back her family's heirlooms.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Comprehensive listing of various bladed weapons and their owners, including Captain Glasses.

Also shigure her sword themes well with rain in autumn . We know shiryuu is called "shiryuu of rain".

Shiryuu could be related to her.
It's not out of the question. But I do believe Tashigi will play a large part against Shiryu, anyway. In some ways, he's a bigger foil of her than he is Zoro.

Comprehensive listing of various bladed weapons and their owners, including Captain Glasses.

It's not out of the question. But I do believe Tashigi will play a large part against Shiryu, anyway. In some ways, he's a bigger foil of her than he is Zoro.
Tashigi vs Shillew would be interesting twist personally both swordsman have opposite ideologies .