Future Events The strongest swordsman in history vs the strongest swordsman of today

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Are They Main Villains of Egghead Arc or not?
No need for Gymnastics
In MF, main villains were navy. Did navy lose there? Did any admiral lost an importance there?

So, just because Elders are villains of egghead doesn't mean they won't have importance in future or they will lose at egghead

Rules have no meaning if you ignore the context to suit what you like

Last edited:
In MF, main villains were navy. Did navy lose there? Did any admiral lost an importance there?

So, just because Elders are villains of egghead doesn't mean they won't have importance in future or they will lose at egghead

Rules have no meaning if you ignore the context to suit what you like
Nah, dude, don't talk to me about Luffy's Solo Arcs
We are talking about Straw Hats Arcs

Navy weren't Villains of MF Arc lol
They were just defending their Home

Luffy is Warrior of Liberation, if an Island or Location needs Saving, then those Villains are gonna be Defeated, as simple as that

Shells Town was Freed from Morgan
Orange Town was Freed from Buggy
Syrup Village was Freed from Kuro
Baratie was Freed from Krieg
Nami's Island was Freed from Arlong
Drum Island was Freed from Wapol
Arabasta was Freed from Crocodile
Skypiea was Freed from Enel
Florian Triangle was Freed from Moria
Fishmen Island was Freed from Hody
Punk Hazard was Freed from Caesar
Dressrosa was Freed from Doflamingo
Wano was Freed from Kaidou

This isn't an Arc where it's Luffy who is Endangering the Peace of that Location such as Loguetown or Whole Cake Island or Impel Down or Marine HQ or Amazon Lily

This is an Arc where it's Gorosei who wanna take Mother Flame, Kill Vegapunk, Ruin his Last Message, Destroy his Life Research, Kill Bonney whom He cured & gave Power over Pacifista ... etc

If you think Oda bothers to bring Massive Army, CP-0, Kizaru, Pacifista, Seraphim & on top of them all Gorosei
And the only thing SHs gonna accomplish is giving Lucci New Scars, then i don't know what to tell you

Nasujuro has potential to be great.

In a way Zoro was trained by Mihawk. For Zoro final fight to be amazing and ruthless he's not the best choice narratively. Shiryuu is not strong enough for that. Nasujuro is the one that serves that purpose very well.

The said Gorosie yet to prove he's that strong i.e the Strongest. But one thing good put in the opening post is, this way Oda has the chance to establish Zoro as the greatest swordman ever, since the Void century. That's hype!

I think this could possibly be the angle Oda takes with Nusjuro vs Zoro

Mihawk is part of Cross Guild, meaning Zoro needs to beat him so that Luffy can become PK. Only after that will Luffy take on the WG.

So what will Zoro vs Nusjuro decide then?

There are many avenues Oda could take on them and I have explored those in other threads. But this is one.

Nusjuro is an immortal. He has likely lived hundreds of years. Yet not many people seem to know about the gorosei. Them being immortal doesn’t seem to be public knowledge. Apart from Lucci, nobody on egghead was even able to recognize the gorosei in their transformed state.

What if Nusjuro was the WSSM of the void century? Then the WG was established, Nusjuro ascended to godhood, and in that moment he basically left his title behind.

Time moved on and his feats were forgotten. Few people knew of Nusjuro or his strength, for Nusjuro rarely descended to the surface to fight.

As such new WSSM came and went. People like Ryuma, Xebec, Roger, and Mihawk. But none actually fought Nusjuro.

Basically I think Zoro vs Nusjuro will be a test to establish where Zoro ranks amongst the different WSSM. Is he just the strongest of his time period? Like Xebec or Roger were? Or is he the strongest of all time? That latter question can only be answered by defeating someone like Nusjuro. An immortal who has lived through many lifetimes.

Does this make Mihawk a fraud? In a way. Similar to how Zoro was a frog in a small pond when he was in East blue, so too was Mihawk. He was the strongest on the surface world, but ultimately he never fought Nusjuro.

Defeating Mihawk cannot be a greater feat than beating Nusjuro. Mihawk is a middle aged man, Nusjuro is an immortal. Hence beating Mihawk can only scale Zoro as the strongest swordsman of his time period.

It can never scale Zoro beyond the great swordsmen of the past. Men like Roger, Xebec, and Ryuma. Only by defeating one like Nusjuro, who watched as those greats came and went and remained undefeated throughout these years, can Zoro establish himself as the greatest swordsman in history.
Very good analysis. This could be it, that explains all...
Luffy by beating Imu, will be the strongest among all generations.
Zoro by defeating Nusjuro, will be the strongest swordsman among all generations.

Stop the cope
Strongest Swordsman in History is Ryuma not Venus, beating Venus doesn't make Zoro stronger than Ryuma
Strongest Swordsman of all time is Mihawk, he has the strongest black blade, beating him makes Zoro the strongest swordsman of all time.

I agree, you can’t be the strongest swordsman in history without a black blade
Doesn’t make sense narrative wise
tbh most of the black blade hype is pure headcanon

Shusui was a black blade, but it wasn’t even supreme grade. Ace isn’t a black blade, but it is supreme grade.

Enma and Shusui are of the same grade, but enma has better feats.

Nusjuro honestly could have been retconned a black blade. Because that thing is always coated in haki every time we’ve seen it, save for that panel of him cleaning it from many years ago.

But even if it isn’t, what difference does it make?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
tbh most of the black blade hype is pure headcanon

Shusui was a black blade, but it wasn’t even supreme grade. Ace isn’t a black blade, but it is supreme grade.

Enma and Shusui are of the same grade, but enma has better feats.

Nusjuro honestly could have been retconned a black blade. Because that thing is always coated in haki every time we’ve seen it, save for that panel of him cleaning it from many years ago.

But even if it isn’t, what difference does it make?
Zoro dream is being the strongest swordsman
Mihawk and Ryuma are the two swordsmen linked to Zoro dream
Those two are the only one with a sword title : sword God and WSS
Those two o my have a black blade

that is as simple as that

That doesn’t people with swords like Shabks and Roger aren’t stronger

But for the type of swordsmen concerned by Zoro dream Ryuma and Mihawk are the top dogs

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Zoro dream is being the strongest swordsman
Mihawk and Ryuma are the two swordsmen linked to Zoro dream
Those two are the only one with a sword title : sword God and WSS
Those two o my have a black blade

that is as simple as that

That doesn’t people with swords like Shabks and Roger aren’t stronger

But for the type of swordsmen concerned by Zoro dream Ryuma and Mihawk are the top dogs
What type of swordsman?