Current Events The Supernova Have Been Fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama for a While

How long have the Supernova been fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not everything is about zoro
some folks who are doing so might not like kidd, killer or law

but people just have to understand
this arc will have a lot of power-creeps
and you will have to throw a lot of what we prev thought about these characters in the gutter.

look at ulti and luffy
and then look who her matchup is
rofl.
Law is a top favorite character is most polls irl.
Almost no one actually hates Kid. Give me only 3 people on this site alone who hates Kid, and I'll retract this statement.
Everyone is in mutual agreement Luffy >= Kid by a not so wide margin.
And Killer has quickly gained Favoritism.

People are becoming aware of these Power Creeps, and calling it bullshit.
Not Ulti or Nami, but Enma.

Nah I seen more than 2.
Kuro
D sanji
Jacketpotato etc
Who's Jacketpotato :rolaugh:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
- Luffy's state post-G4 doesn't prove his haki comeback. You talk like you missed WCI where post-G4 Luffy could still fight back and run away from many Big Mom pirates, Big Mom herself included, while running through multiple towns through the mirror world

And Luffy was unable to so much as dent a wall Amande casually sliced through. Luffy has no appreciable combat ability during the Boundman cooldown.

Yet he insists that their (including his) attacks vs Kaido must be doing real damage:

Dude it doesn't take a fraction of second for Zoro to switch blades
You completely misunderstood my point. Zoro sheathed his other two swords and has been facing Kaido for a while with only Ittoryu, while he's constantly panting (indicating extreme exhaustion).

This suggests that Zoro abandoned Santoryu (normally his strongest swordstyle) for Ittoryu (his weakest). Presumably because:
  • He's just so exhausted he can't fight in Santoryu anymore. Or:
  • He's trying to conserve his stamina for later on in the battle.

Either way, it suggests that they've been fighting the Yonkou for a long time.

Supporting this is Kidd ditching his massive robot and opting to control only two much smaller metal arms instead.

@LuthonTheDragDown.

@Cinera Nah, the yonkos are still not fully serious and maybe the SN 5 too, most likely the SN5 too since at the very least nor Luffy nor Zoro is showing up their secret/strongest moves yet, so go figure Kaido and BM (imo we are are still in the middle stage of the fight). Then the panels you show were manga facts and ok but there were also the panels with Kaido and BM happy about the fun they are getting after a long time.

Then look at the situation we have right now: the SN5 have stopped to prepare a new tactic since what they tried until now didn't work, they are not even sure they did damage. Zoro, Law, Kidd and Killer are trying to figure a new tactic while base Luffy (at best G2, G3) is going alone, attacking like a moron, hybrid Kaido and BM. Yet what is the yonko duo doing? They are fine with just sending him back like a letter (and they did it at least 2 times). And why are they doing this instead of (try to) kill him? Because they want to see until what point the SN5 can entertain them.

Then of course later most likely the SN5 alone or with some more help will somewhat beat them but that is still for later.

Luffy is clearly not hakiless rn. Go to any scene where he runs out of Haki in G4 and compare the large volume of Haki he exhumes from his entire body there, to the baby burp he let out here. If he's smart enough to know he can't beat Katakuri without Haki, why would he be running headfirst into two Yonkou in powered-up states?

Now that we've established he's not hakiless, I can't give a precise timeline but I'm under the impression they've been fighting for a while. Luffy's Haki definitely returned at some point and he's been contributing to the damage, whether that's by using G4 in bursts or through G2/3.

Why? Because Luffy states he's been to hell and back a few times now, indicating they've been fighting the two Yonkou in this state for a while. But BM wasn't in this state when Kaido first entered Hybrid. Hybrid Kaido is bruised, and the two most likely for this are Zoro and Luffy with Haki. Luffy says we've hit them so many times meaning BM has been hit too, but she was only hit once on panel - thus, she must've been attacked repeatedly off-panel. They've also been fighting for long enough that the SNs are wondering if their attacks are even working, which we know they were before the Yonkou powered up as Kid implied Luffy's Kong Gatling should've done a decent amount of damage.

Only way it's been ~10 minutes is if Luffy's Haki only recently returned, which I personally doubt as there was already a timeskip between Luffy running out of G4 and Kaido powering up, where we see Luffy looking completely exhausted. This would mean that in the time of say <8 mins, the SNs (and by SNs I mean Zoro) landed so many successful attacks to both Yonkou that the SNs started wondering if they were even working. Seems unlikely to me. They've been fighting for 5 chapters off-panel, that should be a decent amount of time.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Luffy is clearly not hakiless rn. Go to any scene where he runs out of Haki in G4 and compare the large volume of Haki he exhumes from his entire body there, to the baby burp he let out here. If he's smart enough to know he can't beat Katakuri without Haki, why would he be running headfirst into two Yonkou in powered-up states?

Now that we've established he's not hakiless, I can't give a precise timeline but I'm under the impression they've been fighting for a while. Luffy's Haki definitely returned at some point and he's been contributing to the damage, whether that's by using G4 in bursts or through G2/3.

Why? Because Luffy states he's been to hell and back a few times now, indicating they've been fighting the two Yonkou in this state for a while. But BM wasn't in this state when Kaido first entered Hybrid. Hybrid Kaido is bruised, and the two most likely for this are Zoro and Luffy with Haki. Luffy says we've hit them so many times meaning BM has been hit too, but she was only hit once on panel - thus, she must've been attacked repeatedly off-panel. They've also been fighting for long enough that the SNs are wondering if their attacks are even working, which we know they were before the Yonkou powered up as Kid implied Luffy's Kong Gatling should've done a decent amount of damage.

Only way it's been ~10 minutes is if Luffy's Haki only recently returned, which I personally doubt as there was already a timeskip between Luffy running out of G4 and Kaido powering up, where we see Luffy looking completely exhausted. This would mean that in the time of say <8 mins, the SNs (and by SNs I mean Zoro) landed so many successful attacks to both Yonkou that the SNs started wondering if they were even working. Seems unlikely to me. They've been fighting for 5 chapters off-panel, that should be a decent amount of time.
Well said.

Zoro wank thread in thinly vailed disguise but ok :goyea:
No wank agenda here, this is simply my best attempt at explaining what's going on.

Bogard

You can't win
Luffy has no appreciable combat ability during the Boundman cooldown.
Outside of inability to use Haki, he could fight just fine.

- He could use the g3 mode to perform a hakiless version of elephant gun
- He could manage himself, fight back and escape from many Big Mom pirates, Big Mom herself included, while running through multiple towns through the mirror world

It's just that haki amplify his attacks

That's why using Luffy's state to determine any kind of time frame is meaningless

You completely misunderstood my point. Zoro sheathed his other two swords and has been facing Kaido for a while with only Ittoryu, while he's constantly panting (indicating extreme exhaustion).
Where do you see Zoro fighting there? This Zoro is thinking of new ways to fight the yonko because his attacks have been ineffective. The battle already happened off-panel. The only one who still tries is Luffy

This suggests that Zoro abandoned Santoryu (normally his strongest swordstyle) for Ittoryu (his weakest)
Yes he did that after fighting off-panel for a while, realizing it to be ineffective and thinking of a new strategy, but it's the off-panel time you brought up which is baseless. All of that can happen in less than 10min

Because Luffy states he's been to hell and back a few times now, indicating they've been fighting the two Yonkou in this state for a while
This statement may not necessarily have anything to do with the current battle. We know Luffy has been through hellish moments multiple times in his life, surviving the impossible, especially during his Impel down, Marine Ford trial. Luffy may have been referring to this as an explanation why he is already used to be in these kind of situations

Luffy ran from Katakuri the moment his G4 ran out, didn't even attempt to fight till it came back. So it makes no sense for Luffy to try hakiless attacks against Kaido and say that 'they have to be feeling it'.

The narrative seems to be that the SN have been fighting Kaido and BM offscreen for a while but made no significant progress so they are taking a breather and strategising on how to win. Only Luffy is persisting in attacking.

I think they're within the 10 minutes of Luffy's recovery. Momo states Luffy is "weakened but alright".

Luffy ran from Katakuri the moment his G4 ran out, didn't even attempt to fight till it came back. So it makes no sense for Luffy to try hakiless attacks against Kaido and say that 'they have to be feeling it'.

The narrative seems to be that the SN have been fighting Kaido and BM offscreen for a while but made no significant progress so they are taking a breather and strategising on how to win. Only Luffy is persisting in attacking.
Luffy was alone vs. Katakuri. He's not alone here and has others to cover for him. Those comparisons make no sense.