Current Events The Supernova Have Been Fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama for a While

How long have the Supernova been fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you know Luffy didn't use haki?

When Luffy struck Kaido, we see black lightning:

Black lightning isn't always indicative of haki usage, but it's commonly seen in haki clashes.

Anyway, the Katakuri fight is completely irrelevant. This is Luffy after he ran out of G4 against Kaido:

He couldn't even dodge Mama's attack by himself and had to be carried by Zoro:

He's once again carried away from danger by Zoro:

Zoro once again carries Luffy and Luffy is helpless in Kaido's tornado:

He can't even prevent himself from being bitten:

Luffy is once again dead weight that can't do anything by himself:

Zoro has to once again carry Luffy and dodge Kaido's attacks:

Luffy is once again utterly spent:

Compare the Luffy I just showed you (post Boundman cooldown), to Luffy in this chapter.

He attacks Kaido head on:

He gets rejected:

After getting rejected, he attacks Kaido again, stating that he believes their attacks should be working:

He's once again rejected:

Notice how Zoro isn't literally carrying him around like he's a sack of potatoes? How Zoro is instead cautioning him to think before brashly attacking the Yonkou?

Luffy still has the energy to scream and shout:

Compare Luffy's utter exhaustion in 1003 to his defiant smile in 1008:

The fact is that Post Boundman Luffy was a sack of potatoes that could not even lift a single finger by himself and was constantly carried around by Zoro. In this chapter we see him attack Kaido head-on twice. To claim that Luffy went from being a sack of potatoes to the most energetic of the Supernova while he still can't use haki is unfathomably stupid.

@Admiral Lee Hung, @Celestial D. Dragon, @WesMidnight.
That goes like: "I used haki and G4 against Dragon Kaido and I barely did damage, I think that going towards an hibrid Kaido without haki while in base is the best idea after all."

Bogard

You can't win
Why would luffy thinks his attacks were doing damage in base without haki ?
The official translation should help to clear this up, but it should be noted that in the scanlation, he is referring to their group attacks, and Luffy himself has the will of never giving up. Even while facing adversity that all the rooftop SNs think to be too much, while thinking they should think of another strategy(splitting them up / removing one of them), Luffy just smile, still thinking they can win, with Kaido highlighting the fact that his eyes never lose fire regardless of the circumstances. It was to highlight Luffy's never give up attitude

How do you know Luffy didn't use haki?

When Luffy struck Kaido, we see black lightning:

Black lightning isn't always indicative of haki usage, but it's commonly seen in haki clashes.

Anyway, the Katakuri fight is completely irrelevant. This is Luffy after he ran out of G4 against Kaido:

He couldn't even dodge Mama's attack by himself and had to be carried by Zoro:

He's once again carried away from danger by Zoro:

Zoro once again carries Luffy and Luffy is helpless in Kaido's tornado:

He can't even prevent himself from being bitten:

Luffy is once again dead weight that can't do anything by himself:

Zoro has to once again carry Luffy and dodge Kaido's attacks:

Luffy is once again utterly spent:

Compare the Luffy I just showed you (post Boundman cooldown), to Luffy in this chapter.

He attacks Kaido head on:

He gets rejected:

After getting rejected, he attacks Kaido again, stating that he believes their attacks should be working:

He's once again rejected:

Notice how Zoro isn't literally carrying him around like he's a sack of potatoes? How Zoro is instead cautioning him to think before brashly attacking the Yonkou?

Luffy still has the energy to scream and shout:

Compare Luffy's utter exhaustion in 1003 to his defiant smile in 1008:

The fact is that Post Boundman Luffy was a sack of potatoes that could not even lift a single finger by himself and was constantly carried around by Zoro. In this chapter we see him attack Kaido head-on twice. To claim that Luffy went from being a sack of potatoes to the most energetic of the Supernova while he still can't use haki is unfathomably stupid.

@Admiral Lee Hung, @Celestial D. Dragon, @WesMidnight.
He caught his breath. And if Luffy was using haki Oda would’ve made it clear so we know the time has past. But he didn’t. He didn’t use red roc, red Hawk, or Gear 4.

There’s no evidence to show it’s been that long. Heck it’s probably only been a few minutes.

He caught his breath. And if Luffy was using haki Oda would’ve made it clear so we know the time has past. But he didn’t. He didn’t use red roc, red Hawk, or Gear 4.

There’s no evidence to show it’s been that long. Heck it’s probably only been a few minutes.
So Luffy was thinking that the best way to go after Hybrid Kaido was to use his base without haki? Very nice idea.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The official translation should help to clear this up, but it should be noted that in the scanlation, he is referring to their group attacks, and Luffy himself has the will of never giving up. Even while facing adversity that all the rooftop SNs think to be too much, while thinking they should think of another strategy(splitting them up / removing one of them), Luffy just smile, still thinking they can win, with Kaido highlighting the fact that his eyes never lose fire regardless of the circumstances. It was to highlight Luffy's never give up attitude
No.
They are clearly talking about their attacks on hybrid kaido.
Not all together since the kong gatling/tatsumaki which clearly worked.

Luffy is dumb to attack in base no haki
Luffy isn't dumb enough to attack in base with no haki when he knows it doesn't work and say it is working.

Smiling attacking kaido in base with no haki achieves nothing.

Bogard

You can't win
No.
They are clearly talking about their attacks on hybrid kaido.
Not all together since the kong gatling/tatsumaki which clearly worked.
I know, but i'm saying that in the scanlation, Luffy is referring to all their attacks being ineffective, not just his own

Luffy is dumb to attack in base no haki
Luffy isn't dumb enough to attack in base with no haki when he knows it doesn't work and say it is working.

Smiling attacking kaido in base with no haki achieves nothing.
Once again, it's to highlight Luffy's never give up attitude. We're talking about someone who attacked the 3 logia admirals preskip when he couldn't use haki, in an attempt to get past them and save Ace. And even without haki, fighting 2 yonko with 5 fighters is better than fighting them with just 4 fighters. It gives them a supplementary support advantage while at the same time, wasting more time for his haki to come back

As stated, there was no use of G4. In the panel before we see Luffy sent crashing, he is in base, and while coming out of the rubble he is in base

With Oda showing Luffy charging at them with a gomu gomu attack once again in base, and being sent flying once again

It's to show what Luffy had been doing during that time

Which only leads to 2 conclusions. Either his haki didn't come back yet, or he is reserving G4 for later, but i'd favor the former due to the circumstances.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think he has fully recovered his haki. We even see the black lightning indicative of haki clashes when Luffy launches his attack:

It also looks like Luffy just finished another round of Boundman:

Oh, I didn't catch that, what scene are you referring to?
Sry im on the phone. First panel where luffy goes back to action. Left upper corner looks like he woke up from a nap.