Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters
I think whether Sanji will unlock CoC is one of the more interesting fandom debates. That’s because there’s arguments for both sides.

I am against it. I think at his core Sanji has a servant’s heart. Sanji definitely has great ambition, but unfortunately Oda likes to poke fun of Sanji’s dream. (i.e. he wants the clear clear fruit to spy on women or FI is his All Blue) I think Oda’s obsession with gags hurt Sanji’s character.

Anyways I went off on a tangent. Sanji is a character from a royal family. As a child, he never used power to intimidate people. He just wanted to care for others. The fact that Sanji ran away from a royal family to become a cook and serves others is why I argue that Sanji doesn’t have CoC.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I think whether Sanji will unlock CoC is one of the more interesting fandom debates. That’s because there’s arguments for both sides.

I am against it. I think at his core Sanji has a servant’s heart. Sanji definitely has great ambition, but unfortunately Oda likes to poke fun of Sanji’s dream. (i.e. he wants the clear clear fruit to spy on women or FI is his All Blue) I think Oda’s obsession with gags hurt Sanji’s character.

Anyways I went off on a tangent. Sanji is a character from a royal family. As a child, he never used power to intimidate people. He just wanted to care for others. The fact that Sanji ran away from a royal family to become a cook and serves others is why I argue that Sanji doesn’t have CoC.
But one could argue that a "King" is one who "serves" their Kingdom and subjects.
It's easier to see these figures of power as "the ones who rule, while others just obey", but often, in fiction, great kings are those who feel more empathy towards the common folk.
In this sense, Sanji neglecting his tyrant family's nobility, could indicate that Sanji would be a more "humble King".
:kayneshrug:

Cooking for others isnt serving for others. You make it sound as if Sanji is a servant/slave. Sanji cooks....because he loves the art of cooking. His love for cooking comes first and foremost. Thats what he enjoys. He cooks for people see their genuine reaction to how well his craft is. Again this has nothing to do with his CoC or serving others.

The way you make it sound that hes serving others can be used on other CoC users as well. Is Zoro serving others because hes the Crew's Combatant...thus making him everyone's bodyguad ? No...

Zoro loves the art of swordsmanship, and uses it to protect his friends. Thats not serving them.

Sanji loves the art of cooking, and wants to make nice food for his friends. Thats not serving them.

“Serving heart” now that’s the strangest argument I’ve heard so far for him not having
People making up anything as argument now against him not having it
Might as well add how him having curly eyebrows won’t qualify him for CoC next time :gokulaugh:

anyway when I see characters who have it like whitebeard, Ace, Boa Hancock, Don Chinjaw, Yamato and Katakuri, etc, I laugh at the “kingly ambitions” crap
some people repeating
most of them wanted nothing more than a family and they are expressing a will to protect them
Sanji doesn’t fail in that area in fact it’s his strongest highlight of his character

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
“Serving heart” now that’s the strangest argument I’ve heard so far for him not having
People making up anything as argument now against him not having it
Might as well add how him having curly eyebrows won’t qualify him for CoC next time :gokulaugh:

anyway when I see characters who have it like whitebeard, Ace, Boa Hancock, Don Chinjaw, Yamato and Katakuri, etc, I laugh at the “kingly ambitions” crap
some people repeating
most of them wanted nothing more than a family and they are expressing a will to protect them
Sanji doesn’t fail in that area in fact it’s his strongest highlight of his character
Ace kata yamato inherited it

Boa is a literal ruler of an island lmfao why tf did you think this was a point

Chinjao leads an army also

I honestly never understood that line of reasoning of “Sanji left royalty to serve” because he didn’t run away from royalty to serve, he ran from his abusers to be free and find happiness and freedom. Being a cook doesn’t mean he’s a servant.

Ace ran from being the son of the king of the seas to serve whitebeard.

Oden ran from being shogun of wano

Many Conquerors don’t want to be kings or royalty, they just have strong wills to stand by their beliefs

CoC doesn't make sense.

Enel the who literally thinks he's god don't have CoC while Kata who just wants his merienda time has it. Crocodile, who didn't lose his will and ambition after being defeated by WB and Luffy, doesn't have CoC, while a delusional girl that thinks she has a dick and her dream is becoming a dead man has CoC.

And some idiots here are seriously trying to reason with this shit.

Make it make sense. :luuh:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Funny you mention Ace....the kid who wanted to "serve" under WB and make him the Pirate King.
Kinda funny how a "servant" has CoC, no?
:pepecroc:
Ace wanted to take wbs head initially and like I said before he inherited it.
Post automatically merged:

CoC doesn't make sense.

Enel the who literally thinks he's god don't have CoC while Kata who just wants his merienda time has it. Crocodile, who didn't lose his will and ambition after being defeated by WB and Luffy, doesn't have CoC, while a delusional girl that thinks she has a dick and her dream is becoming a dead man has CoC.

And some idiots here are seriously trying to reason with this shit.

Make it make sense. :luuh:
Croc DID lose his ambition and vigour
He literally says he has it back after marineford

Cooking for others isnt serving for others. You make it sound as if Sanji is a servant/slave. Sanji cooks....because he loves the art of cooking. His love for cooking comes first and foremost. Thats what he enjoys. He cooks for people see their genuine reaction to how well his craft is. Again this has nothing to do with his CoC or serving others.

The way you make it sound that hes serving others can be used on other CoC users as well. Is Zoro serving others because hes the Crew's Combatant...thus making him everyone's bodyguad ? No...

Zoro loves the art of swordsmanship, and uses it to protect his friends. Thats not serving them.

Sanji loves the art of cooking, and wants to make nice food for his friends. Thats not serving them.
Please understand I don’t think Sanji only belongs in the kitchen. He didn’t become a member of the monster trio because he impressed the WG with his culinary skills. I just think his core persona is putting the needs of others before himself.

I see Sanji using cooking as a way to genuinely take care of others. He isn’t a servant, but he puts the needs of others before himself. He wants to take care of them. I just like how Sanji is the inverse of most fairy tale characters. He’s royalty but he rejects that part of himself. There was no “prince” or “fairy godmother” that came and rescued him. I mean unless we count Zeff?

Regarding Zoro, his childhood is opposite of Sanji’s childhood. So far Zoro isn’t royalty. He has a more humble origin story. He’s some poor (maybe orphaned) kid who was trained in a dojo. One day he decided to become the WSS. He started from nothing and decided to work his way to the top. I find his backstory to be effective for his goal.

I do wonder if Oda decided that Zoro and Sanji’s backstories and power ups would be foils for one another. Zoro is a nobody who needs CoC as a way to reach is goal. Sanji is a prince who rejects the idea of conquering others. Instead other people’s dreams and ambitions are more important than his own.

Anyways he’s literally a yonko commander without CoC. His flames are going to get an upgrade that will allow him to defeat a top tier.

Why do you want Sanji to get CoC?

Please understand I don’t think Sanji only belongs in the kitchen. He didn’t become a member of the monster trio because he impressed the WG with his culinary skills. I just think his core persona is putting the needs of others before himself.

I see Sanji using cooking as a way to genuinely take care of others. He isn’t a servant, but he puts the needs of others before himself. He wants to take care of them. I just like how Sanji is the inverse of most fairy tale characters. He’s royalty but he rejects that part of himself. There was no “prince” or “fairy godmother” that came and rescued him. I mean unless we count Zeff?

Regarding Zoro, his childhood is opposite of Sanji’s childhood. So far Zoro isn’t royalty. He has a more humble origin story. He’s some poor (maybe orphaned) kid who was trained in a dojo. One day he decided to become the WSS. He started from nothing and decided to work his way to the top. I find his backstory to be effective for his goal.

I do wonder if Oda decided that Zoro and Sanji’s backstories and power ups would be foils for one another. Zoro is a nobody who needs CoC as a way to reach is goal. Sanji is a prince who rejects the idea of conquering others. Instead other people’s dreams and ambitions are more important than his own.

Anyways he’s literally a yonko commander without CoC. His flames are going to get an upgrade that will allow him to defeat a top tier.

Why do you want Sanji to get CoC?
Alot of CoC users put others ahead of themselves. They put others dreams in front of their own dreams. Again I dont see why you are only targetting Sanji.

If Sanji wasnt a cook would you be saying this ? Cooking is an art. An art that Sanji enjoys. Their isnt much more than that.

Sanji deserves CoC and he will get CoC. Excluding Luffy....
- Hes probably led the most amount of groups in the series.
- Turned the most amount of enemies into allies.
- Hes also shown panels of intimidating people.
- He is royalty and decendants of people who conquered the entire North Blue.
- His willpower hasnt ever deterred aside from trying to sacriface himself for his family and crew
- His dream is to find and own a sea.

By blood, by ambition, by willpower, by actions....Sanji is the most deserving for CoC.

I honestly never understood that line of reasoning of “Sanji left royalty to serve” because he didn’t run away from royalty to serve, he ran from his abusers to be free and find happiness and freedom. Being a cook doesn’t mean he’s a servant.

Ace ran from being the son of the king of the seas to serve whitebeard.

Oden ran from being shogun of wano

Many Conquerors don’t want to be kings or royalty, they just have strong wills to stand by their beliefs
Yea, he ran away from the abuse. That is a better way of describing it. I mean royalty in the sense of he wants to reject that entire system.

I like your points about Ace, Whitebeard, and Oden. The difference is that Oda never made fun of their dreams or turned them into a gag. Instead he kept highlighting their strength and will power. In Thriller Bark, Sanji wants the Clear Clear fruit to spy on naked women. He then goes to FI and decides that he has reached the All Blue. Sanji is the only SH where Oda has outright mocked his dream. It’s a writing choice that I disagree with, but maybe Oda was hinting that Sanji’s will power isn’t top tier. It fluctuates due to the plot.

Yea, he ran away from the abuse. That is a better way of describing it. I mean royalty in the sense of he wants to reject that entire system.

I like your points about Ace, Whitebeard, and Oden. The difference is that Oda never made fun of their dreams or turned them into a gag. Instead he kept highlighting their strength and will power. In Thriller Bark, Sanji wants the Clear Clear fruit to spy on naked women. He then goes to FI and decides that he has reached the All Blue. Sanji is the only SH where Oda has outright mocked his dream. It’s a writing choice that I disagree with, but maybe Oda was hinting that Sanji’s will power isn’t top tier. It fluctuates due to the plot.
If go by that logic, Oda made Luffy's dream a gag as well.

You should view gags as what they are....GAGS

I’d disagree on oda never turning Oden into a gag. Because a major part of his character is literally based on a joke and he was known as a fool of a lord.

Oda has never mocked Sanjis dream that’s just like saying oda mocked Luffys dream by saying it’s only as valuable as a Hercules beetle.

This crap gets said about Sanji specifically despite happening to all straw hats and side characters merely because people don’t like him.