Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Who is gonna be the new Headmaster of the Sanji Fandom!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was Raizo's rival :whitepress:

Btw i'm just joking, he would be a good warm up matchup especially if he has a good zoan (tiger for example). In these 20 years he has probably become a lot stronger.
Of course i would like Sanji vs Drake more than a fight against Fukurokuju but the ninja is not so different from Daifuku, Perospero or Snack.

However Shinobu must have her revenge :amazing:
I'd say Fuku's above the likes of Daifuku and the F6. He's one of Orochi's top subordinates and also the number 1 Ninja on Wano. Moreover from a strength progression perspective, it won't really make sense if he's just as strong as Lilin's veterans or the F6 especially since Sanji has already shown he can beat characters around that level quite easily. I'm thinking Fuku is going to have a very broken ability.

Lastly, on Raizou, am I the only that thinks Raizou's skill set is really impressive? :catcry: He hasn't really shown anything impressive AP wise as of yet but with what he has shown, it'd be extremely difficult to take him down without having very good observation Haki.

Btw on the RS. This was what Sanji said before he wore the Raid Suit for the first time

"We are currently fighting against a Yonkou. Chances are that I would be faced with a situation whereby I won't be able save someone because of my stubbornness. Whereas if I throw away my pride, I might be able to save lives that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. That is if this thing even has the power to help me do that.

Simply just by wearing this thing, I will not have reduced myself to the level Germa!!"

I know a lot of folks don't like the idea of Sanji wearing it but I think his reason for wearing it is quite noble and it really emphasizes two traits I love about Sanji, which are 1.) his "Selflessness" - his willingness to completely discard himself for the well being of others 2.) and the fact that he almost always thinks logically even though is a very emotional person. Also I think the fact that he decided on using the RS just to save the town (people that are not even close to him) is a lot more meaningful and has more significance than him having used the RS to save the SHs in some kinda dire situation like what me (admittedly) and a lot of folks initially thought he was gonna be doing.

Last edited:
Btw on the RS. This was what Sanji said before he wore the Raid Suit for the first time

"We are currently fighting against a Yonkou. Chances are that I would be faced with a situation whereby I won't be able save someone because of my stubbornness. Whereas if I through away my pride, I might be able to save lives that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. That is if this thing even has the power to help me do that.

Simply just by wearing this thing, I will not have reduced myself to the level Germa!!"

I know a lot of folks don't like the idea of Sanji wearing it but I think his reason for wearing it is quite noble and it really emphasizes two traits I love about Sanji, which are 1.) his "Selflessness" - his willingness to completely discard himself for the well being of others 2.) and the fact that he almost always thinks logically even though is a very emotional person. Also I think the fact that he decided on using the RS just to save the town (people that are not even close to him) is a lot more meaningful and has more significance than him having used the RS to save the SHs in some kinda dire situation like what me (admittedly) and a lot of folks initially thought he was gonna be doing.
I dont think the problem is Sanji....the problem is Oda. The fact that he couldnt spare Sanji a few panels of showing growth....instead of going from point A to point B is annoying.

Maybe if he showed something that influenced Sanji to get to the mindset. Maybe if he showed Sanji's inner struggle and thoughts on wearing it. Maybe if he showed Sanji struggle instead of just using one base kick on P1. Anything would be enough. But nooooo. All he did was make Sanji promise to never wear it, then 20 chapters later Sanji is magically ok with wearing it. Im not arguing against the possibility that Sanji could show such growth. Im arguing against the lack of context behind the growth that was given. When did Sanji realise that maybe he needs the RS for this. He surely didnt think so before Wano. So when did this growth occur ? Against Kaido ? When he saw the Boro Breath ?

This shit annoys the heck out of me, and Oda has done exactly the same shit with Katakuri. To the point where he made me despise the L v K fight. He forreal be skipping all the important development, for such unneeded stupid flashbacks. Its jarring af.

I dont think the problem is Sanji....the problem is Oda. The fact that he couldnt spare Sanji a few panels of showing growth....instead of going from point A to point B is annoying.

Maybe if he showed something that influenced Sanji to get to the mindset. Maybe if he showed Sanji's inner struggle and thoughts on wearing it. Maybe if he showed Sanji struggle instead of just using one base kick on P1. Anything would be enough. But nooooo. All he did was make Sanji promise to never wear it, then 20 chapters later Sanji is magically ok with wearing it. Im not arguing against the possibility that Sanji could show such growth. Im arguing against the lack of context behind the growth that was given. When did Sanji realise that maybe he needs the RS for this. He surely didnt think so before Wano. So when did this growth occur ? Against Kaido ? When he saw the Boro Breath ?

This shit annoys the heck out of me, and Oda has done exactly the same shit with Katakuri. To the point where he made me despise the L v K fight. He forreal be skipping all the important development, for such unneeded stupid flashbacks. Its jarring af.
But Sanji did struggle though, and quite a bit on WC Island.

- The whole reason why he conceded to Lilin's and Germa's wishes in the first place even to the point where he completely rejected the crew was because he didn't think he and the SHs were strong enough to get out of the shithole they were and as such didn't want to endanger their lives and the lives of the hostages the aforementioned had on him, which kinda shows that Sanji and the SHs in general are still quite weak in comparison to a Yonkou.

- Sanji had a well thought out plan for the rescue mission on Cocoa island and was confident he was going to be able to save Luffy with it but again he failed simply because the strength of a Yonkou was beyond his expectations. Sanji didn't even dream that Lilin was going to have multiple Geppo users on her crew and had to be saved by Germa in order to rescue Luffy. Which again emphasize how out of their depth Sanji and the SHs are in comparison to the Yonkou crew.

- Pedro died as a result of the Sanji rescue mission, and Jinbe and his old crew as well as the Germa had to stay behind to hold the BM pirates back in order for the SHs to escape. Again emphasizing the SHs are still very weak in comparison to a Yonkou crew.

All those things I think are enough justification for Sanji to have decided to try on the RS.

Hell I'm sure Sanji experiencing Kaidou's Boro's breath and hearing about Luffy getting destroyed by Kaidou also helped to hasten that decision.

Last edited:
But Sanji did struggle though, and quite a bit on WC Island.

- The whole reason why he conceded to Lilin's and Germa's wishes in the first place even to the point where he completely rejected the crew was because he didn't think he and the SHs were strong enough to get out of the shithole they were and as such didn't want to endanger their lives and the lives of the hostages the aforementioned had on him, which kinda shows that Sanji and the SHs in general are still quite weak in comparison to a Yonkou.

- Sanji had a well thought out plan for the rescue mission on Cocoa island and was confident he was going to be able to save Luffy with it but again he failed simply because the strength of a Yonkou was beyond his expectations. Sanji didn't even dream that Lilin was going to have multiple Geppo users on her crew and had to be saved by Germa in order to rescue Luffy. Which again emphasize how out of their depth Sanji and the SHs are in comparison to the Yonkou crew.

- Pedro died as a result of the Sanji rescue mission, and Jinbe and his old crew as well as the Germa had to stay behind to hold the BM pirates back in order for the SHs to escape. Again emphasizing the SHs are still very weak in comparison to a Yonkou crew.

All those things I think are enough justification for Sanji to have decided to put on the RS.

Hell I'm sure Sanji experiencing Kaidou's Boro's breath and hearing about Luffy getting destroyed by Kaidou also helped to hasten that decision.
Non of that matters. When Sanji left WCI, he was fully confident in his abilities. Showing that nothing in WCI made him change his stance on wearing science. Especially something Germa made.

So the only logical conclusion is Kaido's boro breath made him change his mind. However Oda never showed that nor hinted at it. Which is why I am at a loss of words. How can he make such a big moment in a character's life have little set up. As nothing before post WCI counts as set up for Sanji's decision. Just background....

Non of that matters. When Sanji left WCI, he was fully confident in his abilities. Showing that nothing in WCI made him change his stance on wearing science. Especially something Germa made.

So the only logical conclusion is Kaido's boro breath made him change his mind. However Oda never showed that nor hinted at it. Which is why I am at a loss of words. How can he make such a big moment in a character's life have little set up. As nothing before post WCI counts as set up for Sanji's decision. Just background....
Sanji was simply just being stubborn when he said he wasn't going to use Germa technology. I mean I would to especially if I had just had Judge talk shit to my face just a few moments earlier. But even with saying that, Sanji still kept his wits about him and held onto the RS. If he was hell bent on not wearing it, he'd have thrown it into the ocean. Also, I think Nami's words to him about not underestimating technology helped him see past the anger and stubbornness a bit. I mean it was that same technology that saved him and Luffy on Cocoa, something he was unable to do with his strength at the time.

I disagree that the events on totland didn't have an effect on changing Sanji's mindset.The SHs and Sanji had to sacrifice a shit load just to get out of totland safely so there's no way that woudln't have had an effect on the SHs particularly Sanji who cares so much for other people.