Fanclub The V̶i̶n̶s̶m̶o̶k̶e̶ Sanji FC: The Prince of love

Bird or Worm?

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
A question for my fellow Sanji fans.

Do you think Sanji will use a sword(s) against Queen for some time if he temporarely loses his emotions("becomes evil")? Afterall he'll loses all of his inhibitions(Using weapons, using hands to fight, kicking woman, etc...) in that case. Maybe he'll snatch Queen's second sword and use it against him.
I don't think so.
Sanji is used to kicking, not fighting with a sword. Losing his emotions doesn't mean he will suddenly develop a complete new set of skills like swordplay. The knifes he used at the Sea Train COULD indicate that, but you don't start fighting sub-optimally for no reason. Sanji used the knives because they were better for cutting the pasta armor. Once the pasta armor was gone, Sanji was back to kicking.

There's a topic I want to discuss, but gotta wait until Friday after the chapter drops. Gotta be careful with spoilers :P

I don't think so.
Sanji is used to kicking, not fighting with a sword. Losing his emotions doesn't mean he will suddenly develop a complete new set of skills like swordplay. The knifes he used at the Sea Train COULD indicate that, but you don't start fighting sub-optimally for no reason. Sanji used the knives because they were better for cutting the pasta armor. Once the pasta armor was gone, Sanji was back to kicking.

There's a topic I want to discuss, but gotta wait until Friday after the chapter drops. Gotta be careful with spoilers :P
He learned swordpaly though when he was still in Germa so it's part of his general fighting arsenal, not forgetting that he's a cook who's very proficient in using knives case in point in his fight against that noodle guy.

If he didn't have his code he would have used these skills to fight with imo. And now with the possiblity of losing that inhibition he could very well end up using a bladed weapon of some kind against Queen in an effort to really hurt him if the rest of his attacks still don't do much to really hurt him especially with the very possibility of him losing DJ once he becomes emotionless.

Doggo

He learned swordpaly though when he was still in Germa so it's part of his general fighting arsenal, not forgetting that he's a cook who's very proficient in using knives case in point in his fight against that noodle guy.

If he didn't have his code he would have used these skills to fight with imo. And now with the possiblity of losing that inhibition he could very well end up using a bladed weapon of some kind against Queen in an effort to really hurt him if the rest of his attacks still don't do much to really hurt him especially with the very possibility of him losing DJ once he become emotionless.
But then...what's the state of his swordplay? Can he infuse weapons with Haki like the Kuja?
Sanji picking up some knives and using them as shortswords is ok. Sanji picking up Queen's sword that is the size of X-Drake.....not so much.
Unless it will magically scale down like Enma. :P
Post automatically merged:

The reason I'm not totally against the Raid Suit or some defense and offense boost from the genetic stuff, is that it doesn't change Sanji's fighting style. I really don't think it would add to the character start using swords and throwing punches just because.

Things that would be more impactful, imo, are:
-Sanji viciously attacking an enemy after he's down, just for the laughs;
-Sanji not giving a fuck about allies getting caught on the crossfire;
-Sanji not giving a fuck about some random woman being attacked.

These are much more "core" features that would be meaningful to show the audience how much losing his emotions affect the character. And any of these could be a key moment for the "turning point" when Sanji fights the icy heart and regains his emotions.
Of course, considering Oda even goes this route. There's a real possibility that Sanji will never actually reach that stage and will get a "good boost" before it happens.

Last edited:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

Do you think Sanji will use a sword(s) against Queen for some time if he temporarely loses his emotions("becomes evil")? Afterall he'll loses all of his inhibitions(Using weapons, using hands to fight, kicking woman, etc...) in that case. Maybe he'll snatch Queen's second sword and use it against him.
Diable Jambe Power ups.

But then...what's the state of his swordplay? Can he infuse weapons with Haki like the Kuja?
Sanji picking up some knives and using them as shortswords is ok. Sanji picking up Queen's sword that is the size of X-Drake.....not so much.
Unless it will magically scale down like Enma. :P
Well it looks like small knife when Hybrid Queen holds it in his hand so maybe it'll truely become like a knife for Sanji LoL.

As for the Haki part, you have point. However Oda could go about it another way like him using his cooking/cutting/deboning/etc... skills to really hurt Queen. It's the standard cook powers from other work of fiction. It's a stretch though

Diable Jambe Power ups.
That's when he regains his humanity/emotions. Before that happens though if he loses his emotions the possiblity of him using bladed weapons temporaely is a very real possibility.

I think if he was about to he’d revert to his senses before connecting. No way Oda is going to force Sanji to break one of his vows.

The reason I'm not totally against the Raid Suit or some defense and offense boost from the genetic stuff, is that it doesn't change Sanji's fighting style. I really don't think it would add to the character start using swords and throwing punches just because.

Things that would be more impactful, imo, are:
-Sanji viciously attacking an enemy after he's down, just for the laughs;
-Sanji not giving a fuck about allies getting caught on the crossfire;
-Sanji not giving a fuck about some random woman being attacked.

These are much more "core" features that would be meaningful to show the audience how much losing his emotions affect the character. And any of these could be a key moment for the "turning point" when Sanji fights the icy heart and regains his emotions.
Of course, considering Oda even goes this route. There's a real possibility that Sanji will never actually reach that stage and will get a "good boost" before it happens.
Sanji going against his chivalry and cook code is very impactful though. Imagine him kicking a woman, using kitchen knives to fight instead of cooking, stepping over some food without care, hurting one of his crewmates etc... Sanji will explode in anger if that ever happens and it might be the catalyst to him regaining his emotions.

I think if he was about to he’d revert to his senses before connecting. No way Oda is going to force Sanji to break one of his vows.
It would be very dramatic though.

Maybe, but it's not like evil sanji will get a completely different fighting style, luffy for instance can't fight with swords because he is used to fight with his devil fruit and raw strength

So sanji who spent about 10 years fighting daily with his legs won't suddenly become a sword master, he's better at kicking than punching or cutting

But I think there's a chance sanji uses a sword if he really becomes like his siblings and starts acting like a sadist

Maybe, but it's not like evil sanji will get a completely different fighting style, luffy for instance can't fight with swords because he is used to fight with his devil fruit and raw strength

So sanji who spent about 10 years fighting daily with his legs won't suddenly become a sword master, he's better at kicking than punching or cutting

But I think there's a chance sanji uses a sword if he really becomes like his siblings and starts acting like a sadist
I'm not saying he's going to be a sword master. I'm just putting the possibility out there that he might use a sword or some kind of some other bladed weapon if he loses his emotions since in that case he'll lose his inhibitions to use his hands to fight. He might even start throwing punches damaging in the process his hands that he always tries to safeguard, you never know.

In addition it'd be kind of symbolic if he does so, that without his emotions he'll become the version of himself that Judge ever wanted and use the swordsmanship that was taught to him back when he was still young by Judge.

All of this is temporarely ofcourse if it ever happens. Sanji will regain his emotions eventually and beat Queen with stronger version of DJ imo.

The true beast pirates. :finally:

I'm not saying he's going to be a sword master. I'm just putting the possibility out there that he might use a sword or some kind of some other bladed weapon if he loses his emotions since in that case he'll lose his inhibitions to use his hands to fight. He might even start throwing punches damaging in the process his hands that he always tries to safeguard, you never know.

In addition it'd be kind of symbolic if he does so, that without his emotions he'll become the version of himself that Judge ever wanted and use the swordsmanship that was taught to him back when he was still young by Judge.

All of this is temporarely ofcourse if it ever happens. Sanji will regain his emotions eventually and beat Queen with stronger version of DJ imo.
It's not like a punch from sanji hurts more than his kicks, given how many years he trained in zeff's fighting style, a punch from him wouldn't really be useful in battle, given how it wouldn't be close to the strength of his kicks

But I get your point, and I think sanji could potentially become as crual as his siblings and just start messing around with queen

Current sanji wouldn't harm an opponent for fun, but if sanji temporarily becomes like his siblings he could start torturing queen for fun like his brothers would, it'd be way more impactful because sanji never really fought or harmed someone without any good reasons

And it'd be kind of poetic that queen, the guy who breaks wills, ends up getting a taste of his own medecine

Well I still not like the exoskeleton thing, even if we still don't know if it's really that or who knows what (but the chance are high that it's really exoskeleton awakening). But with exoskeleton Sanji really could even use his arms and hands to fight without worrying of getting injured in that specific parts of the body, and it's funny that when he was thinking of becoming a "monster" like his brothers he reminesce when he actually punches Ichiji in the face.

Will we ever see Sanji land a punch someday? Maybe when he could be so enraged that he won't think straight and start punching with all his strenght.

Doggo

Well I still not like the exoskeleton thing, even if we still don't know if it's really that or who knows what (but the chance are high that it's really exoskeleton awakening). But with exoskeleton Sanji really could even use his arms and hands to fight without worrying of getting injured in that specific parts of the body, and it's funny that when he was thinking of becoming a "monster" like his brothers he reminesce when he actually punches Ichiji in the face.

Will we ever see Sanji land a punch someday? Maybe when he could be so enraged that he won't think straight and start punching with all his strenght.
Like the time he instantly KICKED Luffy when he was about to tell Usopp to leave the crew in Water7?
Nah fam.
His reaction defaults to kicks.

It's not like a punch from sanji hurts more than his kicks, given how many years he trained in zeff's fighting style, a punch from him wouldn't really be useful in battle, given how it wouldn't be close to the strength of his kicks

But I get your point, and I think sanji could potentially become as crual as his siblings and just start messing around with queen

Current sanji wouldn't harm an opponent for fun, but if sanji temporarily becomes like his siblings he could start torturing queen for fun like his brothers would, it'd be way more impactful because sanji never really fought or harmed someone without any good reasons

And it'd be kind of poetic that queen, the guy who breaks wills, ends up getting a taste of his own medecine
I do not agree. This is One Piece, it's not real life. When a character is strong like Sanji all part of his body is strong. If he start punching he will deal the same damage as it would be from kicking, I am sure of that.

Like the time he instantly KICKED Luffy when he was about to tell Usopp to leave the crew in Water7?
Nah fam.
His reaction defaults to kicks.
Maybe when he lose emotions, if he ever will of course. it's all an hypothesis.

I kind of hope it's not the case, because it would undermine zeff's role a bit if sanji's punches are on the same level as his kicks when he spent years training his legs instead of his upper body

But you do make a point about the ichiji panel, sanji punched him out of anger and got his hand broken, maybe a similar thing will happen, oda could've put other panels instead of this one

But I hope punches don't become a part of his fighting style

I don't know about him playing with Queen if he loses his emotions. I'm of the opinion that despite his LF PU he'll become weaker when he loses his emotions consequently losing DJ since it's powered by emotions.

Queen will overpower him and get beaten by him for a while until he awakens his emotions once again accompanied by stronger DJ and finally put him down.

I kind of hope it's not the case, because it would undermine zeff's role a bit if sanji's punches are on the same level as his kicks when he spent years training his legs instead of his upper body

But you do make a point about the ichiji panel, sanji punched him out of anger and got his hand broken, maybe a similar thing will happen, oda could've put other panels instead of this one

But I hope punches don't become a part of his fighting style
I think the punch thing could happen but limited, maybe one time like when he used knifes, and maybe when he is out of control (in an "emotionless state" like his brothers which will be absolutely temporary, if it happens).

I don't know about him playing with Queen if he loses his emotions. I'm of the opinion that despite his LF PU he'll become weaker when he loses his emotions consequently losing DJ since it's powered by emotions.

Queen will overpower him and get beaten by him for a while until he awakens his emotions once again accompanied by stronger DJ and finally put him down.
Well Queen could use a power up too, his viruses and drugs can come in handy

I'm guessing evil sanji plays around with queen and completely overpowers him, queen as a last resort will use the ice oni virus on himself, and sanji will get his emotions back to melt down the ice

I think the punch thing could happen but limited, maybe one time like when he used knifes, and maybe when he is out of control (in an "emotionless state" like his brothers which will be absolutely temporary, if it happens).
Even in an emotionalness state I kind of have my doubts

Sanji's first reaction is always kicking, it's not like he forces himself to not use his hands

Even in his angriest moments he doesn't punch

But I do remember him using a hammer once

But I guess we'll have to wait and see, I still hope queen comments about his punches are way weaker than his kicks to remind the audience that the guy didn't train his legs during 10 years for nothing

Well Queen could use a power up too, his viruses and drugs can come in handy

I'm guessing evil sanji plays around with queen and completely overpowers him, queen as a last resort will use the ice oni virus on himself, and sanji will get his emotions back to melt down the ice

Even in an emotionalness state I kind of have my doubts

Sanji's first reaction is always kicking, it's not like he forces himself to not use his hands

Even in his angriest moments he doesn't punch

But I do remember him using a hammer once

But I guess we'll have to wait and see, I still hope queen comments about his punches are way weaker than his kicks to remind the audience that the guy didn't train his legs during 10 years for nothing
Well so Luffy's kicks are much weaker than his punches? Sanji is a superhuman in OPverse, like Luffy and Zoro and every other big fighters. All his body is strong, not only his legs.