General & Others The Whitebeard pirates never knew Wano was Kaido’s territory for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no sense for Whitebeard and his crew to not know about what happened to Oden and Wano.
While his information network may have not been as good and vast as Big Mom's Whitebeard certainely had contacts and informants to tell him about Kaido's location and the fact that Wano had been invaded by the Beast Pirates and served as the crew's HQ and so that something bad certainely happened to Oden because of Kaido.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It makes no sense for Whitebeard and his crew to not know about what happened to Oden and Wano.
While his information network may have not been as good and vast as Big Mom's Whitebeard certainely had contacts and informants to tell him about Kaido's location and the fact that Wano had been invaded by the Beast Pirates and served as the crew's HQ and so that something bad certainely happened to Oden because of Kaido.
I just can’t believe that nobody knew where Kaido, one of the four strongest and most reputable pirates in the entire world, spent his apparently copious amounts of down time. In 20-something years, Whitebeard never thought to go to Wano and check up on his old friend? He and his crew just said “Fuck it, there’s probably nothing going on AND we don’t wanna see our pals?” :lusalty:

I just can’t believe that nobody knew where Kaido, one of the four strongest and most reputable pirates in the entire world, spent his apparently copious amounts of down time. In 20-something years, Whitebeard never thought to go to Wano and check up on his old friend? He and his crew just said “Fuck it, there’s probably nothing going on AND we don’t wanna see our pals?” :lusalty:
That is just really disappointing considering Whitebeard’s character. :whitepress:

For a bloke that treats all his crew like his family, to not check up on one of his earliest comrades in 20+ years when said comrade’s main life goal was to open the borders of Wano to the world, is just... :odenugh:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That is just really disappointing considering Whitebeard’s character. :whitepress:

For a bloke that treats all his crew like his family, to not check up on one of his earliest comrades in 20+ years when said comrade’s main life goal was to open the borders of Wano to the world, is just... :odenugh:
Holy shit, I didn’t even think about opening the borders...Whitebeard TOTALLY knew about that shit and never questioned why it didn’t happen? He never got curious as to why they still didn’t hear anything about Wano in all that time?

I remember discussing this in a similar thread a long time ago, because One Piece fans love very few things more than endlessly repeating themselves, but someone said that Wano’s isolation prevented WB/remnants of the Roger Pirates from knowing about the island’s decline after Oden’s return...in two-plus decades, NONE of them ever found that strange or troublesome? Shit, those are some monumentally bad friends :kriwhat:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Yeah the whole lack of WB intervention in Wano really needs some explaining from Oda.

Like I can buy that Whitebeard didn't give a shit about Kaido or what he was doing- Whitebeard never really struck me as someone who would care about having spies and informants. I can also buy that Whitebeard was so upset that Oden ditched him he refused to get back in touch with him and didn't know he'd died

But the problem is then Ace. Did Ace just never mention to Izo he'd been to Wano and it was a shithole with no sign if Kozuki rule anywhere? Surely upon meeting a guy from Wano Ace would have said "oh, I've been there btw."
Post automatically merged:

The only thing I can think of is that we do know that Whitebeard knew the secrets of Laugh Tale and the Void Century from Roger. We know that Oden was apparently aware it wasn't time for the borders to open- maybe Whitebeard was as well? Would he have intervened when the time was up and Oden hasn't came into the open?

That’s not what he said. Marco said that he didn’t know there was a situation like this occurring in Wano. They likely knew he was there, they also likely didn’t know it was as bad as it was. These things aren’t mutually exclusive.
Ace, a Whitebeard Pirate Division Commander, was literally in Wano within the last few years.

How could the Whitebeard Pirates not know how bad the situation was when one of their own high ranking crew members personally witnessed the severity of the situation first hand?

Big Mom , Teach , Marine HQ all knew Wano is Kaido's territory . WB Pirates definitely knew too , and Marco's explanation isn't enough .

based on the fact that Wano is another Emperor's territory alone , WB should've taken an initiative to check Oden , unless he was so pissed because Oden switched to Roger's crew .

if WB wasn't so pissed though , and went to check Wano & found out that Oden was boiled by Kaido & Orochi , he'd have steamrolled both and flattens Onigashima .

Whitebeard Pirates: bye Oden, don't forget to bring us some souvenirs once you come back!

Oden never comes back.

Whitebeard Pirates: this is fine.

Two decades pass.

Ace: hey family, I've been to Wano and met a starving village and the country conquered by Kaido!

Whitebeard Pirates: this is fine.

*Izou is sleeping peacefully. Opens his eyes. Stays quiet on his bed for a minute. Suddenly gets up*.

FUCK I JUST REMEMBERED I HAD A SISTER!

(On a serious note, this explanation would have worked better if:

A) Wano was actually isolated, but it isn't.

B) No Scabbard knew about what happened to Wano and Oden, but Inu and Neko left the country twenty years ago.

C) Whitebeard wasn't the guy who challenged a group way more powerful than Kaido's to rescue one son.

D) Ace hadn't been to Wano).

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

Marco remains a constant source of disappointment
Marco Never mentioned that he was unaware of kaido being in wano.

The context of his statement was that since wano is closed country information about it doesn't go out so he wasn't aware that wano situation would be so bad implying that he knew wano is in trouble but not to this extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.