Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

They are but they have superior haki to mihawk which according to worstgen doesn’t matter so mihawk vista >shanks ig lol
It matters. A stronger swordsman has strong haki, obviously.

If a swordsman beats other swordsman due to stronger CoC, CoA or CoO, then the winner swordsman is stronger swordsman.

There's a reason why 99% of Zoro's journey to WSS since timeskip has been about Haki.

Haki is by far the biggest factor behind becoming WSS :finally:

It matters. A stronger swordsman has strong haki, obviously.

If a swordsman beats other swordsman due to stronger CoC, CoA or CoO, then the winner swordsman is stronger swordsman.

There's a reason why 99% of Zoro's journey to WSS since timeskip has been about Haki.

Haki is by far the biggest factor behind becoming WSS :finally:
“A stronger swordsman has strong haki, obviously.”

question who has showed superior haki shanks or mihawk

If haki is rooted in swordsmanship and the stronger haki u have means the stronger swordsman u are how can mihawk be stronger then shanks if shanks got the best haki in the series ? :few:

I predict oda will give a weird excuse for roger and shanks not being swordsman to make them above mihawk though not by alot.

If haki is rooted in swordsmanship and the stronger haki u have means the stronger swordsman u are how can mihawk be stronger then shanks if shanks got the best haki in the series ? :few:

I predict oda will give a weird excuse for roger and shanks not being swordsman to make them above mihawk though not by alot.
Thing is oda will never answer this just like he didn’t with
roger vs wb
Mihawk fans will be fighting until the series is over and done never getting closure

Good thing there's not a single scan in the history of OP which says a swordsman attack has to cut to be considered a swordsman attack, and there are multiple instances of confirmed swordsmanship attacks not cutting but instead blasting.

Shanks defeated Kidd using a sword attack. A sword technique. As simple as that.

You use CoC with your bullets, it's a marksman attack. You use CoC with your sword, it's a swordsman attack. You use Coc in your punches, you're attacking as a brawler. CoC is not a separate fighting style, but a massive boost to whatever your fighting style is. In deciding who a stronger swordsman/marksman/brawler is, ALL the fundamental things such as stats, every haki type, skills, etc factor in.

A very simple concept that I have no idea how people fail to comprehend.
You keep saying CoC is a part of other stuff very possibly since you wanna keep Shanks inferior to WSS Mihawk tho. But no i dont accept that, especially since it was Shanks' CoC blast that gives damage while the sword slash did nothing, as opposed to Zoro's KOH Damnation, ISDS, or Asura which always cut as the strongest attack no matter whether CoA or even CoC is being used.

Its not people failing to comprehend simple concept, but the concept of you forcing people to follow your idea (WSS has the strongest haki compared to other swordsmen) due to Mihawk and Zoro, while we have people in manga stating otherwise (Vergo said "haki user" as opposed to "bamboo staff user', emphasizing his main power, Kaidou not being called World's Strongest Clubman, or Kaidou mentioning Roger while saying haki transcends all =/= swordsman/WSS transcend all). So yea, since pre-TS my view is always that the strongest haki user (with a sword or not) will not be the exact same as WSS, and various scenes in the manga support that independence of strongest haki user from WSS.

Skills is what mihawk bounty stated I didn’t state shit
vista being close to mihawk in skills is what his vivre card stated not me
So again can vista copy shanks and mihawk attacks since his skills is close to theres
Or does haki make a difference
Selective reading at its best. Did you miss the part where it says "strongest"?
Yes haki makes a difference, it along with skill and other stats all goes into being the "strongest" which just so happens to be Mihawk not Shanks

They fought a long time ago you know their haki was worse than what it is now, it was before shanks was a yonko.
Funny thing is mihawk hasn’t been doing nothing for a decade shanks been fighting left
Selective reading at its best. Did you miss the part where it says "strongest"?
Yes haki makes a difference, it along with skill and other stats all goes into being the "strongest" which just so happens to be Mihawk not Shanks
what other stats fs shanks coc shanks
Mihawk what a bb for someone so called undeniable strongest he’s slacking hard
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't matter whose shown what

Zoros shownn superior haki to mihawk

Hes still weaker
According to you but if vista made him postpone zolo pushing him to high or extreme currently

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Funny thing is mihawk hasn’t been doing nothing for a decade shanks been fighting left

what other stats fs shanks coc shanks

Mihawk what a bb for someone so called undeniable strongest he’s slacking hard

Post automatically merged:

According to you but if vista made him postpone zolo pushing him to high or extreme currently
Why would zoro lose when he has better haki feats

But no i dont accept that
Good for you. You're objectively wrong. Just like when you frankly stupidly pretended Zoro doesn't have ACoC after 1053.

Haki are used to boost every single fighting style. Marksmen, swordsman, brawlers, etc etc. You apply haki to your fighting style. That's literally what haki is for. Same as strength or speed.

, as opposed to Zoro's KOH Damnation, ISDS, or Asura which always cut
And there are a billion other confirmed swordsmanship attacks that don't cut. Point being?

So yea, since pre-TS my view is always that the strongest haki user (with a sword or not) will not be the exact same as WSS
Doesn't have to be.

Strongest Haki user = someone who can beat every other haki user, not just swordsmen. Because every single fighter in NW is a haki user probably lol

Strongest swordsman = someone who can beat every other swordsman. As long as you're a swordsman, you'll be weaker than strongest swordsman.

So if some swordsman happens to be the strongest haki user? Then that swordsman is both WSS and strongest haki user.

But WSS by default is not strongest haki user. There might be some brawler who can beat him 1v1. Or maybe some marksman who can beat him 1v1. Etc.

Haki is not a fighting style. It's a boost to your fighting style. Everyone uses haki; from marksmen, to brawler, to swordsmen.

Note that being strongest haki user does not translate into having the strongest haki. It just means that you beat every other haki user. The one with strongest haki might not even be strongest haki user if he loses 1 vs 1 to someone else due to speed, strength, etc.

Strongest titles are about who wins in a fight.

Kaidou not being called World's Strongest Clubman
Why would he be called that? Is clubman a fighting style? And even if it was, it's already included? Strongest creature includes everything. All swordsmen, all marksmen, etc, etc.

Just like how Mihawk doesn't need to be "Strongest long sword user". Him being WSS covers all of that.

Last edited:
Btw this is what I don't like about people who "debate" like @uyuu:
YVergo said "haki user" as opposed to "bamboo staff user
This guy has brought up this same shit many times before, always gets proven wrong because the "haki user" thing he's referring to is a mistranslation. In actuality, this is what was stated:

But despite being told that again and again, you go around misinforming people with same stuff. That's such a poor behavior.

Basically will repeat same wrong information like a parrot as long as it supports your agenda. Gets proven wrong, will stfu, then go to some other thread months after to repeat same garbage anyway.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
So instead of going with what the manga gives us you rather have hypotheticals? Rn shanks looks stronger haki and feats and that’s on oda his portrayal of mihawk isn’t that great y’all can’t get mad because shanks is looking better than mihawk until he gets done on panel feats and not sbs
Mihawk skills >shanks
Shanks > mihawk I’m ever other category
Mihawk being the WSS is a canon fact. Using hypothetical is making conclusions while having data from only one side while completely ignoring the other side.

Or like I just said is haki all it takes because if it was I’m 90%sure roger would have one and shanks
It saying is haki all it takes implies it’s something completely different than just haki
It takes more than just Haki, which means Haki is one of the necessities, and given how people with great Haki prowess weren't able to achieve it, it means Mihawk has something more than just great Haki like Roger, Shanks, Rayleigh, Oden, etc.

At this point, once the Shanks is not a swordsman stops, I'm curious to see how they'll rank them. Shanks goes down to yc5 Mihawk? Mihawk goes above Shanks in the top 1-3? Or maybe say they are barely top tiers?:quest:
They will cope until the end of time, but on the off chance that they don't. They will split according to their factions. Sanjiboyz will claim YC5, Shanksboyz will claim they are top 2 together, Luffyboyz will go with barely top tier.
Noodle and Erkan will continue typing nonsense