Current Events Thoughts on these takes regarding Wano and the fandom

G

Gorosei Informer

I disliked how both the F6 were basically defeated by Big Mom and it proved a missed chance for the SHs to grow expecially considering they hadn't had a compelling fight in forever :josad:
It was really lazy and wasteful writing. I was so disappointed with how Oda handled Page One, Ulti, Nami, Usopp in that regard. Big Mom and Tama are unironically ruining the whole arc pretty much.

I'm not on any side, Wano fights haven't been entertaining for their choreography or plot relevance. You'll only like them if you have some excuse for liking the characters in them. But Morj whining now just screams to me like a fan who's pissy because what he wanted to happen didn't pan out.
Gotta say, only fights I've TRULY enjoyed have been Jinbe's (though it was way too short), Zoro's (one of his best) and currently Luffy's.

It's kinda mind boggling how all of the place the quality is on that. I'm really hoping the Kid/Law fight is good
Post automatically merged:

Not really. Dressrosa had very few questionable things (besides Rebecca), only it was overcrowded like you said. Dressrosa was essentially three arcs put into one awkwardly. The content for the most part was not a problem though.
You had a few instances here and there that were questionable (that vacuum lady, funk brothers betrayal..) but the pacing/execution was the main thing.

Wa No has major problems with the content in itself, and the list is very long.
Something tells me Elbaf is gonna be the same thing though (combined plots) with Giants, Sky/Moon stuff, and maybe even Gigantification/Vegapunk/Kuma.

Bonney and Urogue are the last 2 Supernova not addressed by the story, and clearly Oda is intent on including them every arc. It's why i think Elbaf is gonna be another 100 chapter arc as a result

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
They been mostly ass as far the shs are concerned

Brook chopper ussop - n/a

Nami worst of all of them disgrace of a fight
Big mom beat ulti as far as I'm concerned

Frankys was OK too goofy imo

Luffy and kaido is ass

Sanjis set up and character moments in the fight were very good. The fight itself was ass
Oda made queen far too retarded

Robins was good for her and very much needed

Jimbe and zoros were very good

They been mostly ass as far the shs are concerned

Brook chopper ussop - n/a

Nami worst of all of them disgrace of a fight
Big mom beat ulti as far as I'm concerned

Frankys was OK too goofy imo

Luffy and kaido is ass

Sanjis set up and character moments in the fight were very good. The fight itself was ass
Oda made queen far too retarded

Robins was good for her and very much needed

Jimbe and zoros were very good
Only thing that could fix the Nami/Usopp/Brook/Chopper stuff is if they are somehow involved with defending Robin from CP-0 or holding off Big Mom's crew in the near future. Both of which I entirely doubt considering every fight is almost over, but I could see big "moments" happening on paper if Oda wanted to, let's say, have Usopp save Robin and Brook with a big sniper attack or something. Or have Chopper use his baby form to get a new monster point. Again, doubtful, but it is something to think about

I disliked how both the F6 were basically defeated by Big Mom and it proved a missed chance for the SHs to grow expecially considering they hadn't had a compelling fight in forever :josad:
I really want to understand Oda's thought process with this. Is it because he intends for them to have better growth fights next arc? Like I really want to know why he felt he couldn't draw Usopp doing something crazy with his observation Haki against Page 1. Zero allusion to him using it again too, and it's been almost 300 chapters

The fuck was so enjoyable about King? Zoro was tossed around until Enma invoked Kamehameha for Zoro. King has 0 personality and his backstory is meh at best.

Queen is a fucking idiot.

Jack... what the fuck was even Jack?

WsW? Jimbei got serious for 1 second and fight was over

Page One? Lmao

Ulti? Actually decent if you ignore just how lucky Nami and Usopp got

Sasaki? Lmao
The.
Worst.
Yonko.
Crew.
Ever.
Period.

Also doesn't help that Oda had treated the main threats Kaido and Big Mom like a joke. Just compare how Oda handled big mom and kaido to Enel in terms of being a powerhouse it's night and day

Stop trying to force the "Zoro Sanji Jinbei Monster Trio" meme to happen. It will never happen
Eh, not what I was really trying to do lol

I think Jinbe is closer to Franky. I think Yamato is closer to the "M3". Maybe she should have gotten Jack or Smoothie. Maybe Brook should have actually got a finishing blow on Black Maria.

Anyway, who knows. CP-0 and BMP are still current threats, maybe something happens, even if I don't think anyone will get an actual fight again

You truly can't put into words how unimaginably shite Wano has been. Respectively, It's genuinely the worst arc I've ever read. In ANY manga. Morj is completely right when he talks about the delusions of some in the fanbase. I've witnessed it first hand on multiple occasions. And I'm not talking about people who simply enjoy Wano. Obviously they exist and are many. But there is also a notable group who I've literally seen change their opinions on something solely dependant on whether Oda was the one to write it or not.

Stuff they would ordinarily and have originally called out for being the unholy garbage that it is, they now wank. All simply because it's One Piece and from Oda. And therefore MUST be good. But Wano has truly shown us something else.

People went into it expecting a masterpiece. I think partly because it took so goddamn long to set up and they're suffering from sunk cost, but also because of how important this arc evidently is to the story as a whole. Wano not being a complete and utter success simply isn't a possibility in the minds of some people. It absolutely cannot be allowed to happen, regardless of the actual reality they're reading.

And so they lie. Profoundly and often.

Morj is salty
He used to defend wano but since his theory didn't happen, he's been salty

Well, that doesn't change the fact Wano is a mess
Litealy this arc would be better if 60 chapters were removed along with BMP, Yasu plot & Udon summer camp .

Just have Luffy train with Kidd in Udon, Retainers vs Kaido then SN trio vs Kaido (2 rounds)
Introduced Yamato early one before act 3 and raid

Morj is salty
He used to defend wano but since his theory didn't happen, he's been salty

Well, that doesn't change the fact Wano is a mess
Litealy this arc would be better if 60 chapters were removed along with BMP, Yasu plot & Udon summer camp .

Just have Luffy train with Kidd in Udon, Retainers vs Kaido then SN trio vs Kaido (2 rounds)
Introduced Yamato early one before act 3 and raid
Not saying they were done "great", but a lot of this was kind of necessary to really tie everything together.

- Yasu's plot demonizes Orochi and drives home the whole Smile plot, which ties directly to Killer/Kamazo.

- Udon gave Luffy a training arc to hurt Kaido, otherwise people would be massively calling PIS even more than they are if Luffy didn't improve CoA.

- Big Mom being here with Peros ends lingering plot threads from WCI. Problem with that is her crew STILL is a lingering plot thread lol

Not saying they were done "great", but a lot of this was kind of necessary to really tie everything together.

- Yasu's plot demonizes Orochi and drives home the whole Smile plot, which ties directly to Killer/Kamazo.

- Udon gave Luffy a training arc to hurt Kaido, otherwise people would be massively calling PIS even more than they are if Luffy didn't improve CoA.

- Big Mom being here with Peros ends lingering plot threads from WCI. Problem with that is her crew STILL is a lingering plot thread lol
It was Carrot plot yet she didn't take part in Pero defeat. Wasted plot

BMP being here is one of the worst decisions so far, oda had to keep term away with a bogus excuse by repeating the waterfall fall twice.

Who is Yasu...his story didn't leave a big impact like Pedro so his death is just another random forced plot.
Udon is a waste of ink when only luffu trains vs fodders while Kidd does what? Nothing
The whole plot was boring.
He could have trained with Kidd , both training their haki and even dfs

This arc has so many flaws that only act 1 and chapters outside of Wano are properu executed.

Well fights have never been a strong point of one piece, so I have no complaint for that even tho I admit that Oda should have done better.

Motherly mode still piss me off. Poor Usop and Nami.

And ofc all of those fake deaths at this point are becoming obvious that it is intentional by Oda to drag the arc.

And ancient zoans are durability monsters? Nah those df less scabards and kanjurou got it better.

It was Carrot plot yet she didn't take part in Pero defeat. Wasted plot

BMP being here is one of the worst decisions so far, oda had to keep term away with a bogus excuse by repeating the waterfall fall twice.

Who is Yasu...his story didn't leave a big impact like Pedro so his death is just another random forced plot.
Udon is a waste of ink when only luffu trains vs fodders while Kidd does what? Nothing
The whole plot was boring.
He could have trained with Kidd , both training their haki and even dfs

This arc has so many flaws that only act 1 and chapters outside of Wano are properu executed.
Actually I wonder if Carrot being decimated by Perospero like that is an indicator she won't join the crew. Guess arguably not as Nami and Usopp were also going to end up badly. 🧐