Current Events Thoughts on these takes regarding Wano and the fandom

Wano has 1. The best fights in one piece 2. The best lore in one piece 3. the BEST writing for sanji 4. The strawhats are ALL HERE 5. The anime is SHOWING OUT. 6. Roger and Whitebeard flashback Yet people say it’s bad, on behalf of the entire community shut the fuck up!!
  1. Wano has most of the worst fights. From the top of my head just King vs Zoro is amazing but still not better than Zoro vs Mr 1.
  2. Lore is too ambiguous. Wtf you mean lore? Useless plot? Bullshit things like Luffy's DF suddenly being special? Fake hypes like Zunesha and Gorosei talk?
  3. WORST writting of Sanji. How the fuck is that good? He doesn't even know what he is doing if he hit a woman, asking what Luffy wants and not what he wants as Luffy told him at WCI, his mom useless sacrifice etc.
  4. Strawhats being all here makes a difference because... They were all "here" at early Dressrosa, Punk Hazard, Fishmen Island and majority of the arcs. Is that a real argument?
  5. Anime is not cannon. Period.
  6. Roger and WB flashback? Oden's flashback. The only good thing in Wano.
If people say it is bad because it is bad for them. Simple. You just sound like woke people who also defends Hollywood failed blockbusters like Eternals, Female Ghostbusters etc.
Post automatically merged:

And about Mr Morj and others content creators...

Why the hell some of them have those different opinions at other media but don't talk like that at their YT channel? I've never saw Morj talking shit about a chapter. He is always saying something good. Is really odd to notice this is his real opinion.

BDA also has some lives talking shit about WCI but when he does a video he only says good things.

Again about Morj why he made a video saying Marineford is the best manga arc when he has one saying Enies Lobby is PEAK One Piece?

Last edited:
Besides everything else and all the typical complaints about the arc, one thing I've noticed is the sheer amount of apologetics out there for why certain problems are the way they are in Wano, and how people are just going to change their minds later on. I don't think I've seen this much for any other arc or in any other series. Just a couple of them are:

- Just wait for the anime. The anime is meant to expand on things and make them better.

- There's been no tension and the existing fights are bad because Oda is planning to turn things around at some point past 130 chapters. He's just been lulling the audience into a false sense of security.

- There's going to be so much lore drop at the end of Wano, so we are just meant to bear with the boring stuff for now.

- The Strawhats are stronger than we thought (except when they aren't like Nami & Usopp), so that must be why there's no tension.

- Just wait for Kaido's backstory, that will solve the dull antagonists problem.

- The Big Mom pirates are still out there somewhere.

- The lurking legend is yet to show up and make things worse.

- It's just been very long so that's why we are tired, but it's also so good. The lack of enjoyment is due to length, not the actual quality.

- Just wait to re-read it so it instantly gets much better.

- Oda is still planning to kill off some Scabbards at an even later point. The first couple of fake outs was to lull the audience into a false sense of security.

It's all quite fascinating to see.

- The Strawhats are stronger than we thought (except when they aren't like Nami & Usopp), so that must be why there's no tension
Users like me have been saying that the fandom is underestimating the Strawhats for a long time.

The fact that the fandom believed that Pedro can solo the Mid Trio and that Zoro and Sanji are only Daifuku level proves that the problem is the fandom, Not Oda

The arc lacks emotional impact. We can argue about the specifics like stakes, fights, narratives, character work, etc., but ultimately it's the fact that it has not added up to something substantial for me. I won't go overboard and say it's the worst arc ever, or anything, but it's certainly not matching up to the emotional peaks I've become accustomed to in this series.

I'll always maintain the position that the best thing about One Piece has always been the Straw Hats, especially everyone apart from Luffy. I think Oda has taken on more than he can handle. The amount of characters and concepts on display in Wano is probably above his writing abilities, and neglecting the Straw Hats is proving to be a cost too steep (for me).

I am loving all the attention it is getting now @Konstantis We have been saying the same thing for years now. Enjoy the pain that we have suffered already :josad: But I am good now, no need to rant about it, read other mangas. Start Tower of God, it is going great for now. Read Jujutsu Kaisen, Gege won't betray you (constant hype and he delivers!).
I dropped Mid Hero Academia. Bunguo stray dogs has good, give it a read. D. Gray Man is also awesome. Kingdom :stealthblack:

One Piece is Boruto level now, or even worse :kuzanope:
My GF recomended me to read
I am loving all the attention it is getting now @Konstantis We have been saying the same thing for years now. Enjoy the pain that we have suffered already :josad: But I am good now, no need to rant about it, read other mangas. Start Tower of God, it is going great for now. Read Jujutsu Kaisen, Gege won't betray you (constant hype and he delivers!).
I dropped Mid Hero Academia. Bunguo stray dogs has been good, give it a read. D. Gray Man is also awesome. Kingdom :stealthblack:

One Piece is Boruto level now, or even worse :kuzanope:
Yes, I totally agree with you, there are anime and manga that really good to watch. That have everything that OP lack, or MHA. GF told me about Bunguo Stray Dogs so I kinda going to start watching it. Also there is famous Pandora Hearts that is really similar to DGM or Bungou, and it is finished, which is really important. But that manga is able break you tho
:josad:
Now my friend also tell me to read/watch this one, anime will be releases in 2022 by MAPPA

My GF recomended me to read
Yes, I totally agree with you, there are anime and manga that really good to watch. That have everything that OP lack, or MHA. GF told me about Bunguo Stray Dogs so I kinda going to start watching it. Also there is famous Pandora Hearts that is really similar to DGM or Bungou, and it is finished, which is really important. But that manga is able break you tho
:josad:
Now my friend also tell me to read/watch this one, anime will be releases in 2022 by MAPPA

The anime looks sooo goood. I will read the manga and watch anime when it is released, can you tell the name?

I will also check out Pandora Hearts.
Always good to have manga recommendations :cheers:

The anime looks sooo goood. I will read the manga and watch anime when it is released, can you tell the name?

I will also check out Pandora Hearts.
Always good to have manga recommendations :cheers:
That anime/manga is called: "Hell's paradise"
By the way Pandora Hearts will break you, your heart and made you feel what subverting expectations really means. But unlike AOT everything will have so much sence. Pandora is masterpiece. You can start reading Pandora first and only then jump to hell paradise

Man I feel bad for hating on Morj. I have been cursing Morj in every other post. This is the most significant truth and stand that he has taken.

Bro, he was so optimistic that Oda won't betray him, he was hoping that raid would fail, but now considering the length of arc and Kaido vs Luffy, he has lost hope. And his twitter fingers are on fire right now :kailaugh:
Did he mention he doesn't think the raid will fail anymore?

that's a shame, the Raid is failing

I'm a bit tired about this arc but also easily figured once things are over here we will likely soon move to the end part of this manga.

Maybe an Elbaf small arc, Final War, Laugh Tale, maybe Lodestar, maybe Marijoa and a mini arc involving the SHs reaching their dreams.

There's not that much content to yet cover overall but probably still at least a good 7 years of reading left. 🤔

That anime/manga is called: "Hell's paradise"
By the way Pandora Hearts will break you, your heart and made you feel what subverting expectations really means. But unlike AOT everything will have so much sence. Pandora is masterpiece. You can start reading Pandora first and only then jump to hell paradise
Yes, I will jump right into the Pandora Heart's manga first. I restarted DGM on your recommendstion, turned out to be great. Thanks again.

Yes, I will jump right into the Pandora Heart's manga first. I restarted DGM on your recommendstion, turned out to be great. Thanks again.
Well, if you really want to jump into pure insanity of Pandora, it couldn't be helped. Just few advice there: remember that almost everyone there is telling you not a truth but lie; try to avoid reading any comments or wiki about it; try to find out what meaning is hidden right there, case hints to the revelation, to final was from very begining there;
Also Pandora is same author as Vanitas(new anime), so another anime for your watchlist.
Talking about D.GrayMan and Pandora author Junn...I kinda remember that authors knew each other so in some terms Pandora was inspired by D.GrayMan.

Well, if you really want to jump into pure insanity of Pandora, it couldn't be helped. Just few advice there: remember that almost everyone there is telling you not a truth but lie; try to avoid reading any comments or wiki about it; try to find out what meaning is hidden right there, case hints to the revelation, to final was from very begining there;
Also Pandora is same author as Vanitas(new anime), so another anime for your watchlist.
Talking about D.GrayMan and Pandora author Junn...I kinda remember that authors knew each other so in some terms Pandora was inspired by D.GrayMan.
Lets see if I can handle it well or no 😂
Will discuss later 👌

Too much setup and Dressrosa-style run moments as meaningless clashes happen with side characters and fodder.
Odd jumps in power for Kinemon and poor raid tactics so Oda could make Oden fanservice with the scabbards vs Kaido
Too many times of side characters getting up like zombies and continuing after "dying"

The fights for the most part have been good, just not proportionate to the build up in some cases.

Morj was not wrong but he was to harsh on other people opinion.
Everyone have simple his own opinion, my is that Wano is not bad, it is still greater then DR and other arcs in new world(except Whole Cake island arc, which I place higher) but to explain why Wano is not that what people imagine here few things:
-First it was hyped to better then MF, but to come even close to MF lvl it is far away, so this was simple until now a lie, since MF is still better(perhaps it change in the end of the arc, I wait for a final judgement).
-The first two act aren´t bad, but act 2 was for sure to long, to many wasted panels who could be used for the raid, easily could sum up for the half of the chapters.
-Act3 has lot of problems, one of the major problems is the dragging out with running people around and irrelevant stuff, panels who could be used to make the flying six and calamity fights far better.
-Flying six fights are awful, the calamity fights boring(excepct King battle), two much offpanels, Jack and Pero didn´t even receive a good battle. No tension, panels who got wasted for act2 and act3 could be used here.
-The strongest zoan crew not have any awakened user is a bullshit

And lot of other problems who are around the raid so far and yes I can understand Morj disappointment, their are to many problems, I think the rage of Morj is understable, but yeah he shouldn´t attack other reader opinion.
You can criticize the arc without attacking other personal feeling, that is something which Morj make wrong.