General & Others Tobi Roppo are the main opponents of the 6 weaker SHs

Will the Mid/Weak Trio fight the Tobi Roppo?

• Total voters
Hell, let's just assume that:

- Zoro v. Who's who
- Jinbe v. Sasaki
- Sanji v. Drake

Is what you are expecting, then who fights Kaido's 3 Calamities? Who fights BM's 5 monsters and 1 sweet commander? Who fights the numbers? We need to stop assuming these characters are "weaker" than they are implied to be.
Weaker than they are implied to be? I really don't know what you are talking about. We saw what Doflamingo vs Law looked like, we saw what Cracker vs Luffy looked like. If Sanji was really on that level, he would have been dominating X Drake. Was he? Clearly not.

Not only that but Drake actually showed up sanji. Sanji kicked Drake in the face and he didn't even flinch whereas Drake was able to send Sanji flying to the ground before he could even get off a diable jambe kick. You can't just assume these characters are on that level simply because you think they need to be.

If it seems as if we need to stretch their powerlevels for them to win, then Oda will either nerf the enemies or they will win through unconventional means. The entire straw hat crew isn't Luffy, they aren't all going to get the same treatment Luffy got in his fight vs katakuri.

As i've said before, the big mom kaido alliance will break down. Garp said that if they truly allied then even the marines couldn't do anything. A Big Mom x Kaido alliance would be a bigger threat than the roger pirates. It simply won't happen.

Eustass Kidd will fight King, Law will fight Queen, and Inuarashi+Nekomamushi will fight jack.

the big mom pirates will ally with the straw hats to beat Kaido. Smoothie will beat Black maria and then help out with Kaido. The rest will help take out the numbers.

I'm not saying they need to become equals. I've been arguing for years at this point that Luffy would not take down Kaido alone. Big Mom being present just solidifies that for me (that it's going to a massive chaotic shitstorm of a battle). I've also been arguing that there are plenty of arcs/plotlines left. But there is a point where strawhats, even the weakest ones, won't be overshadowed by supporting characters. Giving them insignificant fights against lesser BM children does not make sense to me.

Realize there are nearly 30 Names arc villains this arc:

- Kaido/BM
- BM's Sweet Commander: Smoothie
- Kaido's 3 Executives: Jack, Queen, and King
- BM's 5 Monster Ministers: Snack, Perospero, Campote, Daifuku and Oven
- 5 Tobi Roppo, discounting Drake who will likely betray them
- 9 or so Numbers (assuming they are 2-10)
- Kanjuro
- Onibawanshu (count them as one)
- Mimiwarigumi (count them as one)

That's 28 characters/groups of characters. And this doesn't include other lesser headliners or BM children likely to take up panel space. There aren't even enough people on the alliance side to take on the above if the 6 weaker Strawhats do NOT participate in the above:

- 10 strawhats
- 8 Scabbards + Shinobu
- 6 Supernova (sans Luffy/Zoro, assuming Drake, Hawkins and Apoo ALL betray Kaido).

That's 24 right there, and sure, add Carrot or Wanda or Shishilian or the Yakuza bosses, hell even add the Whitebeard captains, it still is a terrible assumption to think that 6 Strawhats wont even fight against any of the 30 referenced villains above and will fight someone "lesser" than these.

Does it make sense for Oda to spend dedicated chapters having Nami fight Galette, a character not even hyped in her own arc, while a supernova takes on Ulti or Black Maria, characters who clearly are centralized ito Wano's plot?

Hell, let's just assume that:

- Zoro v. Who's who
- Jinbe v. Sasaki
- Sanji v. Drake

Is what you are expecting, then who fights Kaido's 3 Calamities? Who fights BM's 5 monsters and 1 sweet commander? Who fights the numbers? We need to stop assuming these characters are "weaker" than they are implied to be.

Oda has never truly adhered to power scaling, his main characters seem weak when he wants to show off the villains (I.e. Lucci and Blueno recking everyone or Perospero trapping Chopper/Brook) or make a situation seem hopeless. His main characters are much stronger when he wants them to grow into the next phase of the story.
You can exclude the numbers imo, they dont look like 1v1 types. Probably hypetool for Sulong Minks if you ask me. 6 SN captains at the end phase of the war will find themself against the 2 yonko, then Zoro, Sanjj and Jinbe vs 3 Allstars (imo) and then we have the scabbards still. Raizo, Shinobu and likely some other ninja should fight the onibawanshu, Hyogoros troup vs the mimiwarigumi, and then there is still Ashura, Denjiro, Kawamatsu, Kinemon, Kiku, the Strawhats, Killer (lets say the rest of the pirates are "fodder") and Inu, Neko if they sulongs dont go out fast vs the Tobi Roppo and BM children. Power levels aside, narratively, it makes more sense for Odens samurai to face Kaidos crew than BMs right? Smoothie is the only one i still dont see who should fight. Killer?

Who do you have in mind ?

Headliners beside Hawkins have all been trash-tier, I wouldn't put them above the New Fishmen Lieutenants. Oniwabanshu are also trash-tier, just their designs are enough to know that they'll be dealt with by Shinobu+ Raizo

Big Mom's kid have better feats than them and a lot of people are trashing them, so even if the Weak/Mid trio fought them I doubted it'd make anyone change their minds about the lower end of the crew.

And the Strawhats are in dire need of a leap forward. Chopper can't keep getting afraid of his shadow at this point of the story, for instance. Same for Nami and Usopp, they've got two Yonko crews they need to surpass 1v1 at that point, Shanks' and Blackbeard's !
I already wrote about this in my post above. But i also commented on the different ways Strawhats grow. They dont all do it by extreme diffing people like Luffy, Nami in particular does so by improving her weapon, so i dont see how her fighting Ulti would push her to a higher level. Chopper i understand that he needs to get better, its time he taps into haki and show us that rumble ball versatiliy like pre TS

When someone gives an example of power levels, there is always a counterexample. It's an endless cycle of discussion.

Which means, oda does not care to stay consistent with power levels. Anyone can fight anyone. Even Nami zapped Big Mom with Zeus. Luffy powered up midfight against Katakuri.

Narratively, the F6 makes the most sense for the mid/weak trio. It's more impactful for them to fight named characters than nameless fodder. Who the hell would want to see Usopp versus Batman?

Which means, oda does not care to stay consistent with power levels. Anyone can fight anyone. Even Nami zapped Big Mom with Zeus. Luffy powered up midfight against Katakuri.
anyone can fight anyone. That doesn't mean anyone can beat anyone in a 1v1 fight like many people suggest.

Narratively, the F6 makes the most sense for the mid/weak trio. It's more impactful for them to fight named characters than nameless fodder. Who the hell would want to see Usopp versus Batman?
This implies that there is a black or white choice where the mid trio and weak trio either fight characters who are portrayed to be stronger than some supernova or they fight fodder. Obviously there are other people that they can fight. There are probably some headliners in between Hawkins and Holdem who are decently strong, perhaps even some that have real DFs instead of SMILE. There are also the numbers, who we know nothing about.

The numbers could be the enemies of the mid and weak trio as we don't have a clear picture on their powerlevel. But as it stands, Oda would have to go through leaps and bounds to make weak trio vs tobi roppo even believable

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
We’re talking about the same Oda right? The guy we’re talking about had the teenage WB Pirates fight evenly against the Roger Pirates
What's inconsistent about that? Everything was off panel and not serious. Rayleigh didn't even look like he participated. Not a single scratch on him.

If anything that scene is proof power rankings mean enough for Oda, he didn't want to show the top dogs from the crew fighting because it would make no sense and WBP would get mollywhopped. He left it ambiguous for who fought who and how much effort was put into it.

Ah yes . The weaker SH won't fight any notable beast pirate but instead they will fight this kind of guys

It is not like the SH as a whole need to play a role in liberating the Wano country . Like do you imagine Franks final fight being someone like holdem?Might as well keep them on the ship and let Luffy solo everybody..

Either through team up or straight up 1vs 1 the SH will face either numbers or the flying "five"

And ngl I still want to see a replication of this

No worries, wasn't sure if you'd seen my posts before in this thread and thought I genuinely was promoting those matchups
Ah yes . The weaker SH won't fight any notable beast pirate but instead they will fight this kind of guys

It is not like the SH as a whole need to play a role in liberating the Wano country . Like do you imagine Franks final fight being someone like holdem?Might as well keep them on the ship and let Luffy solo everybody..

Either through team up or straight up 1vs 1 the SH will face either numbers or the flying "five"

And ngl I still want to see a replication of this
What are you talking about, Franky vs Gorillabody Girl will be a fight for the ages.

Those are even random Gifters, but honestly, the only Headliner who showed some worth was Hawkins. All the others have been terribly weak so far.

And if not them, who will the Mid/Weak Trio fight in Wano ? Mont d'Or who is a pure spport fighter ( a good one but still). bobbin (if he's still alive) who got downed by like two or three bullets ? Galette, who wasn't hyped by anything or anyone in the series ?

Amande ? Sure, why not, but I suspect we're already braching into a level consider too high by BP fans here...

No worries, wasn't sure if you'd seen my posts before in this thread and thought I genuinely was promoting those matchups

What are you talking about, Franky vs Gorillabody Girl will be a fight for the ages.
Nah,I think Franky versus the Lobster guy would be better. Nami versus the gorilla girl to see who is better gorilla and seeing her use Zeus at its fullest because its firepower isn't big enough for stronger foes.

Also, I think that a lot of people have forgotten the point of the W7/EL + Sabaody/Separation Arcs : with those, Oda told us that Luffy don't give up on weak members but that he can't carry them to the One Piece, they have to get stronger and they know it.

He even had Usopp voicing it in chapter 596 when he said he wanted to get stronger because he needed to, since he had realized that Luffy couldn't become the Pirate King if all he did was watch from the sidelines. He even changed his dream to become the true King of the Snipers, or at least voiced this goal alongside his wish to become a brave warrior of the sea. I'd line pictures but my volumes are in French and I can't find pictures of those pages linkeable here, so sorry.

And I'm supposed to believe that now, in Wano, the best he or Nami or Chopper can do is some lame Headliners who are basically glorified fodders ? I can't believe it one bit.

Last edited:
Franky vs Babanuki
Brook vs Holdem
Robin vs Ginrummy
Nami vs Solitaire
Ussop vs Daifugo
Chopper vs Dobon

Damn, that's some fights I want to see.
Right? So exciting!

/s

I already wrote about this in my post above. But i also commented on the different ways Strawhats grow. They dont all do it by extreme diffing people like Luffy, Nami in particular does so by improving her weapon, so i dont see how her fighting Ulti would push her to a higher level. Chopper i understand that he needs to get better, its time he taps into haki and show us that rumble ball versatiliy like pre TS
I won't exclude the numbers until we really know where they stand. They could be the main battles of the Scabbards or some strawhats. Some may be weaker or stronger than the Tobi Roppo (though I believe they are dumber and probably weaker).

I won't make assumptions until we know if they are full blown characters with unique powersets first.