General & Others Tobi Roppo are the main opponents of the 6 weaker SHs

Will the Mid/Weak Trio fight the Tobi Roppo?

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The Tobbi Roppo outside of Drake are all mid tiers fluctuating from low-mid tiers to High- mid tiers.
Essentialy they are like the BMP "veterans" and Donquixote executive officers(Diamante,Trebol,Pica).

The WG are above them. Urouge set the example to showcase where the Level of the WG begins. Capone shot with a mini cannonball Oven over a kilometer,while chilling and having PEz in his other hand..
WG members simply are on a different level just like how Zoro was to Pica

To continue where I left;Oda then, had Oven fight with freaking Aladin to stall for time,before Jinbe returned to help them

If Aladin could fight them,then there no reason for the SH not to handle them, even if they need mid-fight powerups to defeat them.
Capone wasn't implied to be above a single veteran on WCI. Not by feats, portrayal, or hype. And he most definitely was not above Perospero. Urouge is not a benchmark for every single Worst Gen. The Worst Gen consists of Blackbeard (ignoring him then Luffy) level all the way down to Bege level characters. It's like taking a Warlord and calling it the beginning of where Warlord level begins, they don't share feats as the levels fluctuate considerably, unless you're calling Urouge the weakest.

By being a perfect match for the Strawhats?

Not exactly a coincidence that in Kaido's crew there's three really stong guys then six middling strong guys beneath them. While everyone else is fodder with crap DF's who've been a laughing stock since Sheepshead.

Just look at how we went into this arc. Shanks said it's nearly time for him and Luffy to meet. This should have set alarm bells off everywhere among the fandom- the end is coming. The chapter one promise is finally going to be fulfilled. Luffy will soon be a Great Pirate, his crew better than Shanks.

Wano's the arc that everything since the timeskip has been building up to. This is what they trained two years for. Not to beat another Warlord like Doflamingo, not for a smash and grab in BM's territory. Those have helped strengthen the Strawhats, but it's all been for this moment. Ten years, over four hundred chapters, nearly half the series...

... and people think the conclusion for that is that more than half the Strawhats only get to beat a bunch of failed devil fruit eaters.

Give me strength

They might get help, they might need powerups, they'll probably even need both to happen. But Wano is concluding with the Strawhats as the heroes who defeated the Beast Pirates.

I think everyone is just jumping the gun because the tobi roppo are the only decently strong beast pirates we have seen apart from the calamities and the beast pirate supernova.
Actually, that's what you're doing. A fancy new group have been introduced, the first that aren't fodder, and therefore they're being wanked to the heavens, totally ignoring how Oda does things. The Strawhats cannot possibly win, you say, even though the TR haven't actually done anything. Its all tangential speculation at best, this character can't beat that character because one hundred chapters earlier another totally different character did this.

Saying the Strawhats can't win here is no different from thinking that Ussop couldn't possibly beat Chew, a Fishman portrayed as strong as Zoro and Sanji's opponent.

J

Jo_Ndule

The Tobbi Roppo outside of Drake are all mid tiers fluctuating from low-mid tiers to High- mid tiers.
Essentialy they are like the BMP "veterans" and Donquixote executive officers(Diamante,Trebol,Pica).

The WG are above them. Urouge set the example to showcase where the Level of the WG begins. Capone shot with a mini cannonball Oven over a kilometer,while chilling and having PEz in his other hand..
WG members simply are on a different level just like how Zoro was to Pica

To continue where I left;Oda then, had Oven fight with freaking Aladin to stall for time,before Jinbe returned to help them

If Aladin could fight them,then there no reason for the SH not to handle them, even if they need mid-fight powerups to defeat them.
Aladdin literally uses water to counter Ocen
And still we have a panel where Oven sense Alladin flying

Capone shot Oven yeah, but capone close combat wouldnt beat Oven
Same thing base Sanji 1 v 1 wont beat Oven
Zoro pre enm awill need high diff to beat Vets

Doffy executives are below Vets except Vergo.

Its all tangential speculation at best, this character can't beat that character because one hundred chapters earlier another totally different character did this.
isn't that how all powerscaling works. Do you think we should assume fights without paying any respect to powerscaling?

Actually, that's what you're doing. A fancy new group have been introduced, the first that aren't fodder, and therefore they're being wanked to the heavens, totally ignoring how Oda does things.
You're not actually giving any real arguments as to how the mid trio or weak trio can 1v1 any of these guys. You think they will do it without first stopping to think if it is even reasonable.

By being a perfect match for the Strawhats?

Not exactly a coincidence that in Kaido's crew there's three really stong guys then six middling strong guys beneath them. While everyone else is fodder with crap DF's who've been a laughing stock since Sheepshead.
there're a lot more than 6 decently strong characters under the calamities. That's what you're ignoring. Again, we have an entire class of fighters, the numbers, who haven't even been introduced yet. How are you so sure it is the tobi roppo that the mid and weak trio will beat?

Just look at how we went into this arc. Shanks said it's nearly time for him and Luffy to meet. This should have set alarm bells off everywhere among the fandom- the end is coming. The chapter one promise is finally going to be fulfilled. Luffy will soon be a Great Pirate, his crew better than Shanks.

Wano's the arc that everything since the timeskip has been building up to. This is what they trained two years for. Not to beat another Warlord like Doflamingo, not for a smash and grab in BM's territory. Those have helped strengthen the Strawhats, but it's all been for this moment. Ten years, over four hundred chapters, nearly half the series...
Nothing suggests that the straw hat pirates will end wano as the equals of the beast pirates. Actually its the very opposite. Its practically confirmed that they won't do what you are saying. Hence we have a massive alliance that consists of the minks, the scabbards, possibly some whitebeard pirates, and two of the strongest supernova.

Capone wasn't implied to be above a single veteran on WCI. Not by feats, portrayal, or hype. And he most definitely was not above Perospero. Urouge is not a benchmark for every single Worst Gen. The Worst Gen consists of Blackbeard (ignoring him then Luffy) level all the way down to Bege level characters. It's like taking a Warlord and calling it the beginning of where Warlord level begins, they don't share feats as the levels fluctuate considerably, unless you're calling Urouge the weakest.
Of course he was .
That's how easy he dealt with a veteran and he could keep doing it.

And not mention how undervalued his Defense-Endurance actually is.

Capone was taking enraged punches from BM one after another
and was still standing, while Queen was cold after 2 shots.
Yet,somehow he is supposed to put on the same level as Daifuku and Compote ? L.M.A.O

Also,yes I do call Urouge along the weakest, along with Killer.Certainly at least he isn't in the Top 5 like Drake and Hawkins are(Edit:If we remove Blackbeard)..

Btw yes,Warlord lvl begins from high tier. How high the strongest is/can be , doesn't matter.

Last edited:
isn't that how all powerscaling works. Do you think we should assume fights without paying any respect to powerscaling?
I think 90% of what most people comsider to be powerscaling is horseshit that totally ignores the fact that One Piece is a story, not a sport or a videogame.

So yeah, if you're trying to tell me that Brook can't fight Who's Who because one hundred chapters ago he was beaten by Perospero, a character in a totally different crew, with totally different Paramethia powers then yep, I'm ignoring powerscaling.
You're not actually giving any real arguments as to how the mid trio or weak trio can 1v1 any of these guys. You think they will do it without first stopping to think if it is even reasonable.
I haven't actually once said that they'll 1 vs 1 them. It has long, long been my opinion that if Luffy needs help to beat Kaido, then chances are his crew will need help to take on their enemies.

But if they do one vs one them they'll do it the same way they've won every fight they've had. By seeming to be underdogs then eventually pulling the win out of the bag. Go back and read Alabasta, EL and Dressrosa, they'll show you how Oda does an arc like this.

there're a lot more than 6 decently strong characters under the calamities. That's what you're ignoring. Again, we have an entire class of fighters, the numbers, who haven't even been introduced yet. How are you so sure it is the tobi roppo that the mid and weak trio will beat?
Because the Numbers all seem to be a bit too uniform, bit too similar, to be the Strawhat fights. Oda likes his opponents to look visually distinct, have their own personalities. Ten gigantic drunken Oni's fighting the Strawhats is too dull and samey. On the other hand, Kaido, Calamities, TR, they're all unique personalities united by the Zoan theme, which can still have them look visually distinct. They are simply good fits as enemies for the Strawhats, in a way the Numbers haven't yet managed , and are unlikely to, be.

Nothing suggests that the straw hat pirates will end wano as the equals of the beast pirates. Actually its the very opposite. Its practically confirmed that they won't do what you are saying. Hence we have a massive alliance that consists of the minks, the scabbards, possibly some whitebeard pirates, and two of the strongest supernova.
Perfect equals, no. Equivalent Great Pirates who are ready to meet up with Shanks on a relatively level playing field, yes.

ZenZu

Of course he was .
That's how easy he dealt with a veteran and he could keep doing it.
Oh wow he shot an unsuspecting opponent who is known for trash reactions, from a mile away while doing minimal lasting damage. He must be above him lmao.

Lmao @ "dealt" with a veteran.

I guess we can start debating if Pound is above Oven as well.
Or maybe Usopp since he can replicate a sniping feat of that level no problem.

Capone was taking enraged punches from BM one after another
So basically a shittier version of Pica? The guy you place below Capone? Since Pica can do the exact same thing (except on a much bigger scale) without taking damage?

Remind me what his offense in that form was? Oh right cannonballs, I remember when those were ever a threat.

and was still standing, while Queen was cold after 2 shots.
Yet,somehow he is supposed to put on the same level as Daifuku and Compote ? L.M.A.O
You mean the Queen that was faking being out cold, who was perfectly fine with no lasting damage, who knocked Big Mom out and tied her up?

Also,yes I do call Urouge along the weakest, along with Killer.Certainly at least he isn't in the Top 5 like Drake and Hawkins are..
Nothing certain about it.

Btw yes,Warlord lvl begins from high tier. How high the strongest is/can be , doesn't matter.
I don't even want to imagine how chaotic your tiering must look if you place the weakest Warlord at high tier. You probably have people in the same tier low diffing each other.

Fact of the matter is Capone has no reason to even be placed above Smoker (Capone would get his ass kicked in this matchup actually), someone who was below Vergo, Doffy's executive.

This is Bege's reaction when he saw Sanji do something as basic as skywalk aka geppou
looks like he saw Kizaru moving at lightspeed, let's stop gassing this guy up. One Soru to close the gap and someone like Vergo would have him seeing stars. In certain scenarios he can be useful that's about it, you didn't bring a single substantiated reason he should be placed above a Veteran.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Oh wow he shot an unsuspecting opponent who is known for trash reactions, from a mile away while doing minimal lasting damage. He must be above him lmao.

Lmao @ "dealt" with a veteran.

I guess we can start debating if Pound is above Oven as well.
Or maybe Usopp since he can replicate a sniping feat of that level no problem.

So basically a shittier version of Pica? The guy you place below Capone? Since Pica can do the exact same thing (except on a much bigger scale) without taking damage?

Remind me what his offense in that form was? Oh right cannonballs, I remember when those were ever a threat.

You mean the Queen that was faking being out cold, who was perfectly fine with no lasting damage, who knocked Big Mom out and tied her up?

Nothing certain about it.

I don't even want to imagine how chaotic your tiering must look if you place the weakest Warlord at high tier. You probably have people in the same tier low diffing each other.

Fact of the matter is Capone has no reason to even be placed above Smoker (Capone would get his ass kicked in this matchup actually), someone who was below Vergo, Doffy's executive.

This is Bege's reaction when he saw Sanji do something as basic as skywalk aka geppou
looks like he saw Kizaru moving at lightspeed, let's stop gassing this guy up. One Soru to close the gap and someone like Vergo would have him seeing stars. In certain scenarios he can be useful that's about it, you didn't bring a single substantiated reason he should be placed above a Veteran.
How many veterans can replicate this low-level feat of tanking BM's attacks like Bage and Queen?

Right? So exciting!

/s

I won't exclude the numbers until we really know where they stand. They could be the main battles of the Scabbards or some strawhats. Some may be weaker or stronger than the Tobi Roppo (though I believe they are dumber and probably weaker).

I won't make assumptions until we know if they are full blown characters with unique powersets first.
We dont know much except that they are some huge ass monsters, true. And since we have the minks with the alliance, and their sulongs will be most definitely used and highlighted, i see no better matchups than the numbers as some semi-background battle while the main characters of the arc (SHs, scabbards, SN) take on the notable Beast and BM pirates and the rest of the samurai vs Orochi forces and fodder. And going from top to bottom of each side, it makes more sense to me that the scabbards fight notable Beast Pirates than notable BM Pirates, because thats who they narratively are up against.

ZenZu

How many veterans can replicate this low-level feat of tanking BM's attacks like Bage and Queen?
Old man Hyou, dunno what level you consider him.

Regardless having one stat above another character doesn't suddenly place you above them. I remember asking you what level you think Smoker was at in PH. I can assure you he would kick Capone's ass to oblivion, he lost to Vergo a character who shouldn't be placed above Veterans himself.

There are levels to this, Capone is not by any stretch of imagination above Veteran level.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Unless they get some big power ups, I dont see how the lower SHs can fight the Roppo without the usual inconsistent power scaling that plagues the series.

PageOne was no selling Sanji's kicks.....Nami couldnt do anything to Brulee.....it took people like Sanji and the Vinsmokes to overpower/stop Oven and Daifuku.....Chopper was effortlessly captured by Oven.....Perospero could stop G3......

Mid tiers or vet levels has always been consistently portrayed outside of their league.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Old man Hyou, dunno what level you consider him.

Regardless having one stat above another character doesn't suddenly place you above them. I remember asking you what level you think Smoker was at in PH. I can assure you he would kick Capone's ass to oblivion, he was losing to Vergo a character who shouldn't be placed above Veterans himself.

There are levels to this, Capone is not by any stretch of the margin above Veteran level.
There are ample characters who stand at a higher level than other well-versed characters because of one out-standing ability. I consider Smoker to be on the same level as pre-RS Sanji and I put Bage in the same ballpark. I consider Vergo stronger than Smoker, Sanji, and veterans. Why do you think Veterans can't be placed below Vergo though?

ZenZu

There are ample characters who stand at a higher level than other well-versed characters because of one out-standing ability. I consider Smoker to be on the same level as pre-RS Sanji and I put Bage in the same ballpark. I consider Vergo stronger than Smoker, Sanji, and veterans. Why do you think Veterans can't be placed below Vergo though?
Because there isn't a big enough gap. Vergo may or may not be stronger than the veterans. Could beat some, could lose to some. It's debatable either way.

Perospero has a mix of portrayal, hype and feats to give him an argument/edge against any of those guys. Nothing clear about it.

Everyone you mentioned is simply in the mix, nothing concrete placing any of those characters above Veterans. Veteran was simply a level below that of a commander like Jack or Cracker, but above anything else (think of SH mid trio all the way up to Cavendish level characters). A good chunk of characters can fit in here, Capone is nothing special to be placed above the lot.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Because there isn't a big enough gap. Vergo may or may not be stronger than the veterans. Could beat some, could lose to some. It's debatable either way.

Perospero has a mix of portrayal, hype and feats to give him an argument/edge against any of those guys. Nothing clear about it.

Everyone you mentioned is simply in the mix, nothing concrete placing any of those characters above Veterans. Veteran was simply a level below that of a commander like Jack or Cracker, but above anything else (think of SH mid trio all the way up to Cavendish level characters). A good chunk of characters can fit in here, Capone is nothing special to be placed above the lot.
I agree with that mostly but I think you're giving Pero more credit than what he actually deserves. I can see why you think Bage may not be able to beat him but I believe the rest can beat him regardless of the difficulty. Vergo, in particular, should be able to beat him comfortably.

Unless they get some big power ups, I dont see how the lower SHs can fight the Roppo without the usual inconsistent power scaling that plagues the series.

PageOne was no selling Sanji's kicks.....Nami couldnt do anything to Brulee.....it took people like Sanji and the Vinsmokes to overpower/stop Oven and Daifuku.....Chopper was effortlessly captured by Oven.....Perospero could stop G3......

Mid tiers or vet levels has always been consistently portrayed outside of their league.
You're reasoning in video game logic, not story logic. If Oda has the SH remains mostly weaklings after Wano, then he'll have failed a big time with a lot of themes he tried to sell us. If The Weak trio is still just able to clear fodders on their own, then Luffy did a mistake recruiting them, because you don't change the world with those.