Speculations Try to predict the 4 remaining Tobi Roppo's DFs and names

Headliners are where Kaido puts the pirate captains under his flag, like those married into the Big Mom Pirates.
Yes, thats what I mean. Headliners are either former pirate captains, or they are people from his crew with special cardgame names. Ie:

- Solitaire
- Sheepshead
- Ginrummy
- Holdem
- Page One
- Babanuki

I think we are going to get a chapter, very soon, that will explain the entire hierarchy of Kaido and Orochi's armies and make it more clear, but for now I believe:

- Kaido
- Kaido's Ace (possibly; considering how Ace seems to have a small focus this arc, this may actually set Luffy off if they exist, even though its unrelated lol)
- All-Stars
- Numbers
- Flying Six (Top Headliners)
- Headliners
- Gifters
- Pleasures
- Waiters

Is the general structure of his crew. We really just need to see more from his Numbers and Flying Six.

Last edited:
Ya don't think that's intentional? Oda had the ancient zoan user whose name means Ten, who has an X motif, join the crew who uses a card hierarchy to define strength?
I think the ONLY intentional thing was Drake eating his devil fruit. The plan may have been to infiltrate Kaido's group deep cover with this in mind since the beginning (Oda may have grafted that idea when he designed Drake or just got lucky in the long run by making the Flying Six and All-Stars dinosaurs). However, Hawkins is a Headliner and Apoo likely is as well, and all 3 are likely betraying Kaido at some point during this arc, so I really don't think there is anything significant about Drake's name otherwise.

Basically, Drake's name is as significant to Kaido as Kid or Hawkins or Apoo's were, no significance at all.

I'm saying that Drake is not a Number (he clearly isn't), and there is a "Ten" Number under Jack.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I think the ONLY intentional thing was Drake eating his devil fruit. The plan may have been to infiltrate Kaido's group deep cover with this in mind since the beginning (Oda may have grafted that idea when he designed Drake or just got lucky in the long run by making the Flying Six and All-Stars dinosaurs). However, Hawkins is a Headliner and Apoo likely is as well, and all 3 are likely betraying Kaido at some point during this arc, so I really don't think there is anything significant about Drake's name otherwise.

Basically, Drake's name is as significant to Kaido as Kid or Hawkins or Apoo's were, no significance at all.

I'm saying that Drake is not a Number (he clearly isn't), and there is a "Ten" Number under Jack.
So you're saying Oda set up a character called X Drake, pronounced like Ten in Spanish and with the Roman Numeral for 10 in its written form, to not be right below Jack in a crew where all their names and powers are based around cards and their standing? It's just a big coincidence / doesn't matter? Not gonna be buying that, it's way too in-line with the crew.

So you're saying Oda set up a character called X Drake, pronounced like Ten in Spanish and with the Roman Numeral for 10 in its written form, to not be right below Jack in a crew where all their names and powers are based around cards and their standing? It's just a big coincidence / doesn't matter? Not gonna be buying that, it's way too in-line with the crew.
I'm saying that X Drake was not originally intended to be a part of Kaido's crew on the account that Oda made him and 8 other supernova in a day. I'm saying that Oda got lucky with his devil fruit or specifically planned Kaido's "dinosaur"/ancient zoan theme off the fact that he eventually had planned for Drake to infiltrate Kaido.

And again, DIEZ Drake was his name before he ever met or infiltrated Kaido, just like Scratchmen Apoo or Basil Hawkins. So it IS just a coincidence.

And again, no, I expect the Numbers to be below Jack, not the Headliners.

That's assuming the Flying 6 are above the Numbers, which I highly doubt. There should be an actual "Ten" that is below Jack. Drake's name was before he met Kaido, its pure coincidence he has a number in his name.

Page One is a card game (like every other headliner that is not Hawkins, Apoo or Drake). It has nothing to do with the number. Yes, "Diez" Drake is a number, but that was his moniker before joining Kaido, so it has nothing to do with card games.
Oda came up with the card theme way after Drake joined Kaido’s crew. So Drake’s name being a coincidence is purely an assumption from your part.

Page One is a card game but it could have a double meaning.

That's my point. For the Tobi Roppo to represent the number cards, they'd have to be a group of ten, not six.
That’s a preconceived idea. Why should all numbers be represented by a character ?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm saying that X Drake was not originally intended to be a part of Kaido's crew on the account that Oda made him and 8 other supernova in a day. I'm saying that Oda got lucky with his devil fruit or specifically planned Kaido's "dinosaur"/ancient zoan theme off the fact that he eventually had planned for Drake to infiltrate Kaido.

And again, DIEZ Drake was his name before he ever met or infiltrated Kaido, just like Scratchmen Apoo or Basil Hawkins. So it IS just a coincidence.

And again, no, I expect the Numbers to be below Jack, not the Headliners.
But it doesn't matter what his name is. We have no proof that anyone in the Beast Pirates changes their names for their rank or position. It's thematic, Oda isn't trying to make this complicated by adding in a character with two connections to the number 10 only for him to not represent that role in the Card themed crew. You're over thinking it.

Especially because, chances are, Oda didn't know what Kaido's crew would be even after Drake confronted him circa chapter 600. Kaido's design itself wasn't even solidified by the few times we saw him in silhouettes around that era.

Oda came up with the card theme way after Drake joined Kaido’s crew. So Drake’s name being a coincidence is purely an assumption from your part.

Page One is a card game but it could have a double meaning.
...You are literally proving my point. X Drake was not part of Kaido's crew pre-timeskip. If we ASSUME Kaido has had the card theme for years longer than X Drake joined his crew, then X Drake's name is a COINCIDENCE.

And maybe Page One's name does have a double meaning, but considering there is a group called the NUMBERS and there are at LEAST 8 of them, then I highly doubt any of the Flying Six's names have to do with actual card numbers, but rather Pirate Crew (ie, Drake or Hawkins) names or Card games,.

That’s a preconceived idea. Why should all numbers be represented by a character ?
The actual idea is the fact that every headliner is a card game name, not a number. Page One is a CARD GAME. 7 UP would be a card game lol. Read above for why I doubt Page One's name is a double meaning.

Last edited:
But it doesn't matter what his name is. We have no proof that anyone in the Beast Pirates changes their names for their rank or position. It's thematic, Oda isn't trying to make this complicated by adding in a character with two connections to the number 10 only for him to not represent that role in the Card themed crew. You're over thinking it.

Especially because, chances are, Oda didn't know what Kaido's crew would be even after Drake confronted him circa chapter 600. Kaido's design itself wasn't even solidified by the few times we saw him in silhouettes around that era.
Uh, how am I over thinking it? Page One is not a number, its a card game. X Drake is Drake's name, not a number, this was BEFORE he met Kaido.

Anyway, this is a silly argument. When Oda decides to reveal the Numbers and their names, we'll see what happens.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Uh, how am I over thinking it? Page One is not a number, its a card game. X Drake is Drake's name, not a number, this was BEFORE he met Kaido.

Anyway, this is a silly argument. When Oda decides to reveal the Numbers and their names, we'll see what happens.
Again, the fact it's his name doesn't mean anything. He has a strong connection to the number 10, he's in a crew based on card themes and numbers. The conclusion is a quick one.

Oda already complicated things by introducing a mysterious group called the "Numbers." Headliners is likely for pirate captains who join Kaido, thus the Tobi Roppo aren't included in Kaido's 13 deck of cards.

Again, the fact it's his name doesn't mean anything. He has a strong connection to the number 10, he's in a crew based on card themes and numbers. The conclusion is a quick one.
I'm just saying, don't be surprised if Oda decides to introduce "Juu" (10 in Japanese), the Strongest Number under Jack lol.

You can claim this statement as much as you want but like @Monkey D. Luffy is saying, the group was introduced and there are 10 "numbered" cards in a deck of cards. Sure, maybe Page One and X Drake represent "1" and "10" respectively, but then why would Oda even introduce the numbers and split these 2 from them? Your observation makes it vastly more complicated to categorize Kaido's crew.

...You are literally proving my point. X Drake was not part of Kaido's crew pre-timeskip. If we ASSUME Kaido has had the card theme for years longer than X Drake joined his crew, then X Drake's name is a COINCIDENCE.

And maybe Page One's name does have a double meaning, but considering there is a group called the NUMBERS and there are at LEAST 8 of them, then I highly doubt any of the Flying Six's names have to do with actual card numbers, but rather Pirate Crew names or Card games,.

The actual idea is the fact that every headliner is a card game name, not a number. Page One is a CARD GAME. 7 UP would be a card game lol. Read above for why I doubt Page One's name is a double meaning.
I’m not really proving your point. It’s a fictional story so it doesn’t matter when Kaido came up with the card theme. It’s exactly like saying Law’s crew being called "Heart Pirates" is a coincidence and doesn’t have anything to do with Doflamingo’s crew because Oda came up with it before he came up with the card theme. Drake’s name might have given Oda the idea of the card theme.

If the Beasts Pirates are going to have members represent the number cards, then he better do them all.
Why would he better do them all ? He’s the one who makes the rules, he can do whatever he wants.

Because that's how you make an organization, otherwise you have a convoluted mess.
Not really. Everything is more or less established already. We have :

- the All Stars (Calamities)
- the Tobi Roppo
- the other Headliners
- the Gifters
- the Pleasures and Waiters
- the Numbers (we don’t know where they stand in the hierarchy)

Seems clear enough. The number thing is secondary, not giving a specific number to everyone would hardly make all of this a convoluted mess.

Also, the Numbers dont’t have to have a specific number attached to them, that’s again a preconceived idea. I’m not saying you’re wrong, as I said I might end up being wrong about everything because it’s hard to predict this kind of thing with Oda.

On a side note, I think the Numbers are being overestimated, nothing so far shows they’re such a big deal. Given their number (no pun intended) and their size, if they’re stronger than the Tobi Roppo, I think the alliance is doomed. That’s why I’d rank the Tobbi Roppo and maybe even the other headliners above them. I think the Numbers are more likely to be a match for random samurais.

Not really. Everything is more or less established already. We have :

- the All Stars (Calamities)
- the Tobi Roppo
- the other Headliners
- the Gifters
- the Pleasures and Waiters
- the Numbers (we don’t know where they stand in the hierarchy)

Seems clear enough. The number thing is secondary, not giving a specific number to everyone would hardly make all of this a convoluted mess.
What became of Drake's, Hawkins's, and Apoo's crew? It wasn't "supernova captains become members of the Beasts Pirates"; it's "supernova crew join the Beasts Pirates." Hawkins and Apoo still have their crew. Hawkins and Drake are confirmed Headliners, making it likely the other Headliners are pirate captains themselves with their crew. Like Pekoms and Tamago, the Headliners are your Pinkbeards and Squardos.

Also, the Numbers dont’t have to have a specific number attached to them, that’s again a preconceived idea. I’m not saying you’re wrong, as I said I might end up being wrong about everything because it’s hard to predict this kind of thing with Oda.
The "Numbers" fit in with whatever theme the Disasters have created. "King," "Queen," "Jack," and then there's a group called the "Numbers." Headliners, as I've pointed out, show signs of being subordinate captains rather than core members of Kaido's crew.

On a side note, I think the Numbers are being overestimated, nothing so far shows they’re such a big deal. Given their number (no pun intended) and their size, if they’re stronger than the Tobi Roppo, I think the alliance is doomed. That’s why I’d rank the Tobbi Roppo and maybe even the other headliners above them. I think the Numbers are more likely to be a match for random samurais.
The Numbers being next in line wouldn't make the Tobi Roppo weaker; they could be equals, or there are Tobi Roppo who are YC's themselves.