General & Others Understanding that some things are exclusive to Luffy and Zoro in the Strawhat crew.

S

Shepherd

Last time I checked penertrating concrete requires more sharpness than penertratkng flesh.
OK but the issue is, if Kaku uses his very blunt nose as a sharp weapon, it will deal damage as a blunt weapon, not as a sharp tool, defeating the purpose of using Shigan in the first place, a tool to kill humans.

The whole point of using Shigan is to target vital areas, such as the heart, lungs, etc. Obviously this cannot be done properly if the tool you are using is completely flat. That is why comparing Kaku's completely flat nose to Jyabura's sharp and precise finger is faulty.

Stationed? Cap. Already showed you the definition of what stationary means. Already debunked your geppo argument quite resoundingly. Jyubra had more space to manuever because of a bigger room and his opponent had zero range in attack so he capitalize on geppo because jyubras own ranged techniques sucked lol..
Yes, stationed as in one place. All of Kaku's damage dealing moves, including his strongest move, require him to be in one place shooting from a distance.

Your argument about Zolo being ranged fails because
1.) Majority of Zolos attacks were close range
2.) Majority of Luffys attacks were long range yet Lucci continued using Geppo to maneuver

Had nothing to do with Zolos range or smthing like that lolol it has to do with Kakus range and how his Hybrid form slows him down.

Geppo had zero affect because he couldnt out maneuver someone who had range
Zolo didnt use range much at all, pretty much all of his attacks were close range...

Then increased his legs and arms thus increasing his effectiveness in close quarters combat as well as actually close quarters attacking range
His legs and arms actually worsens his close range abilities, thats why he had to keep pushing Zolo back keeping him several feet back.

Again think about how tall people fight vs how short people fight. Talls keep distance but are vulnerable up close and usually slower. Shorts are outranged but better at close range and usually faster.

So in your head zoro out maneuvers base kaku who was spamming geppo
He didnt outmaneuver Base Kaku. They sparred equally, Kaku was lacking power however not speed.

However the moment he went Hybrid he was able to parry and block zoro shishi soson with one storm leg
Again the tradeoff, Kaku got more power but didn't use said power in conjunction with Geppo because he wasnt able to.

Geppo adds power to attacks just like a speeding car has more power behind it then a slow car. Kaku would have further increased the power of his mid-range sword and leg pressure but didnt and stayed on the ground not using Soru or Geppo.

(this was before he even increased his speed by increasing his legs and arms or using swords in hybrid).
He didnt though, he actually lost speed hence why he didnt use the 2 speed-based Rokushiki techniques Geppo and Soru whatsoever compared to Lucci and Jyabura who spammed them.

And setup zoro by making zoro think that his kneck was a weakness only to retract it and then fire it at high-speed?
It was a set up but it still highlighted Kakus neck being vulnerable when its out, which is how Kaku has his neck a majority of the time.

And against later used his own speed to outmaneuver the same zoro who was doing fine against his base forms speed.
Thats because his base form was physically smaller and weaker, not because it was slower.

Kaku faring better against Zolo in his Hybrid is due to his Hybrid simply being way stronger. The extra speed in Base form was a worthy tradeoff for the extra power in Hybrid.

Yet in your mind you are trying to convey Kaku got slower (already debunked) and that his lanky legs stopped him from using geppo effectively (also already debunked)?
No, Oda conveyed Kaku got slower in exchange for extra physical power. Kaku literally went from using Soru and Geppou (2 speed based moves), to using Rankyaku and Neck attacks (2 strength based moves), and situational defense (box form, pasta machine form)

Kaku exchanged speed for power.

Simple as that.

As you said Geppou and Soru were ineffective thus Kaku was willing to trade those moves in exchange for greater Rankyaku and neck strength etc.

Yes, Shigan is sharp. Kaku's nose, relative to the sharp & precise tip of a claw, is obviously not sharp it is flat...

And because it is flat, it's not going to poke holes in a human, which is the whole point of Shigan as it's used...

The fact that you can even make such a baffling comparison is, well, baffling. May as well be judging the force of a drill based on the weight behind a punch.

It's not that Geppo had no effect, it's that the weight behind Kaku's attack had zero effect since he is much smaller and lighter, thus weaker in base.

But he used it to retrieve his swords.

If he could use it to retrieve his weapons, why couldn't he use it for combat?

As you said he could have remained with his neck retracted and used Geppo that way but obviously did not.

In other words, he wasn't good enough at Geppo to use it in a way that would allow him to fight, got it.

BS about Zolo having range he was short-ranged for the majority of the fight including when he used Asura.

Luffy had far more range than Zolo, all of his G2 attacks are ranged yet Lucci consistantly used Geppo.

He stopped using it because in Hybrid, he relies on mid-long range, not close range thus his Rankyaku prowess goes up and his Geppo prowess goes down. Fighting in close-range is a hinderance due to his long limbs that is why he had to keep pressuring Zolo at a mid-range where Zolo isn't too close.

Yes, when his *neck (not "kneck") is contorted in, his durability is higher than Jabura's.

But then, he loses his neck and nose which means his attack-power is below Jabura's since 80% of Kaku's offense comes from his neck & nose, including his Sky Slicer which relies on his neck.

At the end of the day, just think of it like this.

A Giraffe attacks by using their long legs to kick away predators who come near.

A Wolf (and Leopard) attack by pouncing to come near to their prey.

Jyabura uses Geppo/Movement in 90% of his moves, Kaku uses Rankyaku/Stationed in 90% of his moves.

Sanji uses Skywalk, Zolo uses Rankyaku.

Dodges and moves pretty fast for someone who's neck is a weakness

Hmmm again Dodges attacks pretty easily with his lanky legs

Wow uses his speed in conjuction with storm leg in hybrid to make actual moving shurikens while at the same time hitting him with high speed nose hits

Hmmm so his long arms does provide better maneuvering for better ranged attacks with his sword

Still effortless dodging attacks even with the neck better than when he was in base against zoro. Yet the kneck slows him down and his a weakness right?

Be traded speed for power you say? Where? Did zoro make a mention that he was slower? No. Infact zoro added that hisbattacls in hybrid are even more unpredictable lol. Also saw your other comment. Zoro use 72 pound cannon and tower climbs against base kaku. So he spamming ranged attacks.

Arms in legs in the panel surely didn't prohibited his affectives with speed. Infact fast kicks are neccessary to even use storm leg since the attack is based on the momentum and speed in which your legs are kicked which actually creates Shockwaves.

Neji from naruto also hit vitals. Don't need sharp fingers to hit vitals. Infact there were rarely even holes in people struck with shigan. Shigans sharpness comes from added benefits of claws and sharp objects used or massive force. Again kakus shigan penetrated concrete. Flat or not is has the ability to penetrate something that durable. Show me a jyubra feat penetrating something as dense as concreate

Last edited:
S

Shepherd

Dodges and moves pretty fast for someone who's neck is a weakness

Hmmm again Dodges attacks pretty easily with his lanky legs

Wow uses his speed in conjuction with storm leg in hybrid to make actual moving shurikens while at the same time hitting him with high speed nose hits

Hmmm so his long arms does provide better maneuvering for better ranged attacks with his sword

Still effortless dodging attacks even with the neck better than when he was in base against zoro. Yet the kneck slows him down and his a weakness right?

Zolo described his neck as a weakness in that because he uses it as a weapon detached from his main body, if he misses with his neck it's left vulnerable to attack.

As for the other panels you posted, what I was referring to when I said speed is movement speed, not dodging speed. Of course he can still dodge, so was Jyabura against Sanji and Lucci against Luffy.

Obviously, his attack speed is still good as was Jyabura's and Lucci's.

However, because he does not use Soru or Geppo the way the former 2 do, we can infer that it's because he is not able to to the degree we are.

But this is where you and I, have met an impasse.

You believe that Kaku refrains from using Soru/Geppo for combat because he does not need them against Zolo.

I believe because Kaku did not need them against Zolo, he was willing to trade them for added strength and (situational) durability when he entered his DF form.

Zolo described his neck as a weakness in that because he uses it as a weapon detached from his main body, if he misses with his neck it's left vulnerable to attack.

As for the other panels you posted, what I was referring to when I said speed is movement speed, not dodging speed. Of course he can still dodge, so was Jyabura against Sanji and Lucci against Luffy.

Obviously, his attack speed is still good as was Jyabura's and Lucci's.

However, because he does not use Soru or Geppo the way the former 2 do, we can infer that it's because he is not able to to the degree we are.

But this is where you and I, have met an impasse.

You believe that Kaku refrains from using Soru/Geppo for combat because he does not need them against Zolo.

I believe because Kaku did not need them against Zolo, he was willing to trade them for added strength and (situational) durability when he entered his DF form.
Again soru is movement speed. Nothing based on comments indicated that he traded speed. Soru is movement speed. Whether it's reaction or traveling speeds. He was using while in Hybrid. The reason why it didn't look as impressive as when he first used it against pre enes lobby strawshats is because zoro had increased since then. Soru in pure translation is Imperceivable speed movement. We'll if your opponent has a better grasp of keeping up and perceiving it then It doesn't look as imperceivable anymore now does it? Doesn't mean it isn't being used

S

Shepherd

Nothing based on comments indicated that he traded speed
The fact that he went from using Geppo and Soru to not using Geppo and Soru indicated a trade.

And even if you disagree with that point?

His DF specifically his neck was used as a joke, indicating to the reader that Kaku's DF was inheretly flawed. That flaw being a massive neck that is easy to cut and makes his body disproportionate.

The fact that Kaku has to compensate for this obvious weakness by shifting form indicates that his fruit inheretly is flawed and thus he is making a trade whenever he transforms.

But lets respectively agree to disagree.

The fact that he went from using Geppo and Soru to not using Geppo and Soru indicated a trade.

And even if you disagree with that point?

His DF specifically his neck was used as a joke, indicating to the reader that Kaku's DF was inheretly flawed. That flaw being a massive neck that is easy to cut and makes his body disproportionate.

The fact that Kaku has to compensate for this obvious weakness by shifting form indicates that his fruit inheretly is flawed and thus he is making a trade whenever he transforms.

But lets respectively agree to disagree.
Actually his devil fruit wasn't flawed. It was his use of it being a beginner of using said fruit that made him flawed lol.

But I agree. Let us agree to disagree

I hear a lot of people saying other Strawhats are gonna get conquerors haki/ryuo ext..... I think people need to understand there are things Oda only does for Luffy and Zoro........in this thread were going to go over this in detail .

Luffy and Zoro are the:

1. Only Strawhats with Fighting oriented Dreams

2. Only Straw hats that achieved the title of Supernova. (Not saying other strawhats couldn't but the ones Oda let be supernova are Luffy and Zoro.)

3. Which is Why only Luffy and Zoro Among the Strawhats got to be on the roof in the Kaido fight.

4. Only Strawhats with Parallels to Legends.

5. Only Strawhats who were willing to hit a Celestial Dragon

6. Only Strawhats with Ryuo Manipulation in their fighting styles.

7. And now their likely going to be the only Strawhats with Conquerors Haki

i

Which also makes Luffy and Zoro the only Strawhats that can use all 3 forms of Haki.

This thread is not to downplay other Strawhats but people often forget Luffy and Zoro are the ones we started with. They are going to attain certain things other strawhats will not , and thats ok.

Never forget how the story started.......
Leave your thoughts

Aging like fine wine this thread now that Zoro got the "visual" of using CoC some people demanded before accepting this, there is nothing more left to dispute reality:blush:

Again soru is movement speed. Nothing based on comments indicated that he traded speed. Soru is movement speed. Whether it's reaction or traveling speeds. He was using while in Hybrid. The reason why it didn't look as impressive as when he first used it against pre enes lobby strawshats is because zoro had increased since then. Soru in pure translation is Imperceivable speed movement. We'll if your opponent has a better grasp of keeping up and perceiving it then It doesn't look as imperceivable anymore now does it? Doesn't mean it isn't being used
This some cringe headcanon. If he used soru it would've been indicated. Quit the cap

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Am I the only one who’s more interested in your avatar and signature than your threads?
You don't like canon:kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

Sanji what lo have CoC I’m sorry u guys have to cope but it is what it is
I'm sorry Small L. Candy but we don't read two piece

Panel or continue coping. :gokulaugh:

[
Post automatically merged:

I hear a lot of people saying other Strawhats are gonna get conquerors haki/ryuo ext..... I think people need to understand there are things Oda only does for Luffy and Zoro........in this thread were going to go over this in detail .

Luffy and Zoro are the:

1. Only Strawhats with Fighting oriented Dreams

2. Only Straw hats that achieved the title of Supernova. (Not saying other strawhats couldn't but the ones Oda let be supernova are Luffy and Zoro.)

3. Which is Why only Luffy and Zoro Among the Strawhats got to be on the roof in the Kaido fight.

4. Only Strawhats with Parallels to Legends.

5. Only Strawhats who were willing to hit a Celestial Dragon

6. Only Strawhats with Ryuo Manipulation in their fighting styles.

7. And now their likely going to be the only Strawhats with Conquerors Haki

i

Which also makes Luffy and Zoro the only Strawhats that can use all 3 forms of Haki.

This thread is not to downplay other Strawhats but people often forget Luffy and Zoro are the ones we started with. They are going to attain certain things other strawhats will not , and thats ok.

Never forget how the story started.......
Leave your thoughts