Spoiler Unfiltered Kingdom Talks - Historical info & all that jazz (Beware)

Long read but I’m extremely proud of this one lol.

Alright bois. I figured since I’ve never done a full post on this, I should now explain all the reasons I believe that Shibashou will be an end-of-series vassal to Ousen. I actually first posted this theory years back, and as soon as it was revealed that Shibashou and Ousen would directly battle in Hango, the theory gained a lot more traction in my mind. So some historical spoilers but please enjoy:

I will color explicit historical spoilers red so you guys know exactly when I’m spoiling and when I’m speculating.

1. The first thing to note about Shibashou is that historically, Shibashou is not killed or defeated at all in Zhao, he is simply dismissed from service. Historically we know that Shibashou was Riboku’s deputy in the final days of Zhao, and that he was ultimately dismissed when Riboku was [omitted for big spoilers], and literally nothing else. More on that later.

Now I am reminded of another character similar to Shibashou in Renpa who I think is being handled by Hara similarly to how Shibashou will be handled. Historically, after Renpa fled from Zhao, he never fought any more battles. He lived in Wei for a time, then he lived in Chu, then he died peacefully of old age in his sleep.

This is far from the Renpa Hara has written who actively fought for Wei and still fights for Chu and claims that he will die on the battlefield cough cough EOS Shin cough cough. Sorry, don’t know what came over me there. Anyway, with Renpa, Hara decided it was far more interesting to have Renpa remain an active battlefield commander after his defection from Zhao, and so he continues to write Renpa as an active battlefield commander.

So the precedent is already set for Hara to do something similar for a character who historically does not die in Zhao. This brings us to our next point:

2.The discrepancy between historical Shibashou and manga Shibashou.

Historcially Shibashou is almost the definition of a completely irrelevant commander. I have researched Sima Shang tirelessly and let me tell you, what I’ve posted on Shibashou is literally all I can find. This was certainly no general on par with your historical Renpa’s or Chousha’s or Rinshoujou’s, but manga Shibashou is the second most lengthily hyped general in the history of this manga behind Kou En himself.

So what gives? Why did Hara take such a relatively irrelevant general historically, and choose to make him the template for the enormously hyped Shibashou? Well, you could argue that Shibashou is simply meant to be an overwhelming opponent during the final days of Zhao’s life, but I suspect it’s more than that.

Hara’s Renpa was too great to simply die of old age in Chu, and I’ve long suspected that Hara plans more for his Shibashou than for him to simply ride off into the sunset and die in Seika without ever impacting the manga again after Zhao’s fall. Shibashou is a relatively young man, he could easily live another 30-40 years naturally before dying of old age, and if Shibashou were to continue to be an actively fighting commander in some capacity in that aspect, then by EOS he would be an older, more hardened warrior similar in age to current Bananji, ripe in experience and fully ready to be picked up by some sort of mega-commander at EOS. Which is a good Segway into our next point:

3. Ousen’s propensity for trying to recruit powerful commanders.

There has to be a term for this manga trope, but for now I’ll just call them the recruiter. Let’s define the recruiter as the type of manga character who is always trying to recruit powerful subordinates regardless of where their loyalties might lie. The most obvious example of this in other manga is Blackbeard from One Piece.

Blackbeard asks Ace to join his crew despite Ace hating him, and then Blackbeard asked Luffy to join his crew despite Luffy also hating him. Blackbeard was the exact type of mofo pretimeskip who simply wanted powerful subordinates under his wing that he could use for his own means, and he didn’t particularly care where he got them from.

At first Blackbeard’s attempts at recruiting people ended in hilarious failure, but eventually Oda rewarded Blackbeard with shockingly powerful subordinates like Shiryuu and Aokiji. The mangaka must eventually reward the recruiter’s propensity for recruiting with incredibly powerful subordinates of his own.

Now let’s look at Ousen. Ousen tried to recruit Kyou En which failed hilariously, then he tried to recruit Mouten which failed hilariously, then he tried to recruit f***ing Riboku himself which also of course ended hilariously.

Ousen is currently in the “hilariously failing” stage of his recruiting journey, which should naturally precede the phase where Ousen starts to gain subordinates who almost seem too powerful to actually serve him. With Blackbeard, this was Shiryu and Aokiji. With Ousen…well, who could possibly join him?

Shibashou is far from the only candidate who could potentially join up with EOS Ousen, but again look at everything we know about Shibashou so far: a seemingly irrelevant historical commander, perhaps no different from the likes of historical Enkan or Kotsuminhaku, who Hara took and made a Great Heaven level commander and has stressed the enormous power he possesses for five goddamn years, longer than any other commander in Kingdom but Kou En. A commander who does not die in Zhao, but lives on for potentially the next few decades.

I would argue that Ousen recruiting hugely powerful subordinates isn’t speculation but is almost guaranteed to happen in the future, the only question remaining is the question of who will join him. This brings us to our next point:

4. Shibashou’s loyalties.

So we have to ask ourselves, why would Shibashou even consider joining up with Ousen? And what might restrict him from joining up with Ousen? At first glance, it might appear that Shibashou cares only for Seika and nothing else but I would argue this is somewhat of a red herring. We can also gleam other aspects of Shibashou’s personality based on the details Hara has given us:

-Shibashou hates the Zhao court, probably for their incompetence, corruption, cruelty, and lack of empathy for anyone other than themselves.
-Shibashou also seems to heavily respect Riboku, undoubtedly for Riboku’s own knowledge and prowess at war.

So Shibashou hates incompetence, corruption, decadence, etc…and he really respects commanders who warrant respect through their actions and merit. There is one other thing Shibashou hates strongly enough to actually take his big gorilla ass from Seika and fight:

-Qin. Undoubtedly for their invading, innocent slaughtering, and war mongering tendencies.

So Shibashou holds no loyalty to any state in particular, only to his beloved Seika, and hates Qin enough to literally leave Seika to kill them.

So in order for Shibashou to consider joining up with someone like Ousen, Ousen would need to be someone who opposes a force like Qin. Now for those of you who actually know the trajectory Ei Sei’s story will take in the future, some giant fucking alarms should be ringing off in your mind right now about why someone like Shibashou would continue to wish to oppose Qin in the future, but I’m actually not going to spoil anything about Sei or Qin in the future. For now, let’s just continue to discuss things we know:

5. Ousen’s own loyalties

It should be clear by this point that Ousen holds no particular loyalty to Qin so I won’t discuss that in depth. What I will say is that Ousen and Shibashou already seem to ideologically agree about both Qin and Zhao:

This cannot be far from what Shibashou believes about states like Qin and Zhao. I’ve always seen Ousen as someone who wants to unify China before claiming the unified Kingdom for himself. If you’re Ousen, why start your own Kingdom from scratch and then have 7 other super Kingdoms to deal with, when instead you could high jack one of those super kingdoms and use it to eliminate the rest of them?

For Shibashou to even consider Ousen, Shibashou would need to first believe that Ousen is ideologically opposed to Qin and her war mongering tendencies…which Ousen absolutely seems to be, he is simply using Qin to ripen China for his own eventual rule. That’s the plan, anyway.

6. Ousen vs Shibashou at Hango

And now we reach Hango, where Shibashou and Ousen are currently on a crash course for one another. I think Hara will use this current battle to simply introduce each man to the other. Ousen will identify Shibashou as an enormous powerhouse, undoubtedly someone he’ll want in his own service, and Shibashou will identify Ousen as an intellect on a similar level to Riboku
himself, someone Shibashou already respects. I doubt Ousen will come within speaking proximity of Shibashou at Hango because Ousen probably won’t want none of that, but this battle will at least familiarize Shibashou and Ousen with each other the way battles familiarize enemy generals and will put Shibashou and Ousen on “speaking terms” for later when Ousen can approach Shibashou first through messages and diplomats rather than face to face meetings, eventually wearing Shibashou down into his service.

All Ousen would really need to do is slowly but surely convince Shibashou that he is actually an enemy of the evil Qin and that only by joining forces under a competent King (Ousen) can the two of them hope to succeed where Riboku and Shibashou failed. And on that subject:

7. Paralleling Ousen and Riboku

This is a more brief point but Ousen and Riboku are two characters who Hara has paralleled with each other on many occasions, and having both characters essentially have to work to obtain Shibashou as a vassal would be an extension of that Parrallel.

………

And that about does it for now. Obviously the Ousen as the final villain that @God Buggy just posted bleeds into this theory a bit and I think it works extremely well.

What do you guys think?

@Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @MarineHQ @God Buggy @Blackbeard @SakazOuki @FutureWarrior123 @Rumble @Shanks @Extravlad @Xione @RayanOO @Yo Tan Wa @Greenbeard @Bullet @Dark Admiral @Cichy
Very interesting read, I had doubts regarding SBS‘s loyalty, but you cleared them well
Can’t believe SBS might end up as the second strongest among Ousen’s warrior commanders
:steef:

Maybe he should, but it's not gonna happen.

I have personally never read a manga where the final baddie is taken out by the MC's rival. If there is one, please tell me because that would geniuenly be quite different and unique lol.
Well Gon didn't even get to see Meruem if we consider him something like a final baddie.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A Kou is not a promising young officer.

He was a grown man before he ever even met Ou Sen, and it's been decades since.

We are looking at a close to finished project.
I don’t buy this. @SakazOuki im about to defend Gigakou so bare witness.

As a fighter, Akou probably isn’t going to get much stronger, more experienced sure but probably not much stronger.

However when it comes to learning new tactics, and even developing new unseen methods of warfare, Akou can still grow quite a bit. He could literally become a head of Qin level tactician if Hara wanted him to.

I’m not sure if he will but there is still definitely room for Akou to grow in knowledge and experience.

As a fighter, Akou probably isn’t going to get much stronger, more experienced sure but probably not much stronger.

However when it comes to learning new tactics, and even developing new unseen methods of warfare, Akou can still grow quite a bit. He could literally become a head of Qin level tactician if Hara wanted him to.

I’m not sure if he will but there is still definitely room for Akou to grow in knowledge and experience.
Yeah the way I see it he fully matured as a general, but there is always room to learn some wicked tactics from Ousen that are relative to shell and joints in complexity. Experience goes a long way in this manga.

I think you vastly underestimate what it takes to be a prominent member of the military machine in powerful states like Qin, and simultaneously overestimate A Kou's ability to bridge that gap. That aside, of course A Kou can get better and continue to grow in different ways.

You've still got to be realistic about rate of improvement you can expect from an old dog learning new tricks.

Experience goes a long way in this manga.
Historically, it has come up devastatingly short to superior talent.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think you vastly underestimate what it takes to be a prominent member of the military machine in powerful states like Qin, and simultaneously overestimate A Kou's ability to bridge that gap. That aside, of course A Kou can get better and continue to grow in different ways.

You've still got to be realistic about rate of improvement you can expect from an old dog learning new tricks.

Historically, it has come up devastatingly short to superior talent.
Well I never said he would for sure reach Qin 6 level, in fact I kind of doubt he would lol, but I do think Akou has room to grow stronger.

Well I never said he would for sure reach Qin 6 level, in fact I kind of doubt he would lol, but I do think Akou has room to grow stronger.
I think our perception of how much A Kou has left to grow would be different if Hara's official stats of the guy appropriately reflected the kind of beast he is on panel.

Like are we talking about this if he's a STR 93 LDR 91 INT 87 in the official databooks?