General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Sanji is a very kind person but can also be very mean. He is a rather emotional person, this makes a lot of sense to me.

And about Zoro, there is a difference between chosing to mostly keep to yourself and having no social skills.
My Zoro comment was in jest. That's on me because I didn't indicate that I was joking in my post.

I can see your perspective. Maybe not 100% out of character but it still feels like a semi awkward interaction between the two. Since when do any of the SHs try to insult each other's dreams?

This isn't an out of character moment for Sanji, but I love how Sanji goes from saying who cares if Usopp is dead to being Usopp's number 1 supporter!
That’s the big thing Sanji didn’t know any of them. He saw someone attack a woman.

Sanji grew quickly but at this point the only straw hat he really met was Luffy.

I think I get what you mean. But I didnt see Sanji's reaction as an insult towards Zoro's dream. He was rather taunting Zoro imo. Sanji can be a huge tsundere towards people.
The way the panels are drawn makes Sanji seem more antagonistic than a tsundere. Knowing how Sanji's character develops, I cannot picture him acting the way he did towards Zoro as he did in Arlong Park.

Yes, his response to Nami in Arlong Park is 100% Sanji.

The way the panels are drawn makes Sanji seem more antagonistic than a tsundere. Knowing how Sanji's character develops, I cannot picture him acting the way he did towards Zoro as he did in Arlong Park.

Yes, his response to Nami in Arlong Park is 100% Sanji.
I would say he acted the same way to Jinbe in fishman island before Nami forgave him. It’s just how he gets when people are responsible for the pain of women

The rivalry is definitely a serious part of their character. Both Zoro and Sanji take this rivalry serious so no reason we shouldn’t
I still see a lot of people say that it was always a joke. At times they may act ridiculous, but I don't see it as a joke.

BTW I wasn't thinking about how Sanji treated Jinbei during FI. It was in character for him to be defensive for Nami's sake. I just remember that I was impressed with how Nami was willing to listen to Jinbei because she didn't have to.

I would say he acted the same way to Jinbe in fishman island before Nami forgave him. It’s just how he gets when people are responsible for the pain of women
Eh.

He didn't know anything about Nami. The only thing he learns that she killed their ally (and unlike anime, in manga he didn't have a "hunch" otherwise either).

So when one of SH, hurt by the death of their crewmate, attacks Nami, Sanji goes on to stop them and shittalk them lol.

I mean what you're saying makes sense only if you ignore the fact that to both Sanji and Zoro, Nami was a cold murderer and the ones who lost a friend to her cruelty were Luffy and Zoro.

He was just being an OOC and antagonistic. Unless you mean to tell me Sanji would rather kick and spit on victims just to try to defend a murder girl. Ain't nothing like Jinbei situation. If that's his character then it's genuinely pathetic.

But I disagree, if a woman kills someone innocent, Sanji would never defend her. He might not attack, but he wouldn't attack the victims for her. That scene is OOC. Simp or not, he's not antagonistic lol

To which extent would Zoro take their rivalry serious exactly?
Zoro only ever piped up and gets salty when Luffy gives Sanji props. “I’m worth 2,000 right?”

He didn’t do that when Luffy mentions any other strong people. Wonder why that would be if Zoro didn’t seriously care about this rivalry with Sanji.

My Unpopular Opinion is that Strongest Characters in One Piece World are:

Top Pirate King Crew Members ---> Roger - Rayleigh - Oden - Luffy - Zoro
Yonko ---> WB - Shanks - Kaido - Big Mom - Blackbeard - Beckman
Admirals ---> Sengoku - Akainu - Aokiji - Kizaru - Fujitora - Ryokugyu - Garp
Shichibukai ---> Mihawk - Crocodile - Doflamingo - Kuma - Moria - Hancock - Jinbe - Law - Weevil
Revos & WG Top Members ---> Dragon - Sabo - Im-Sama - Magellan - Lucci
CoC Users ---> Kid - Ace - Yamato - Katakuri - Chinjao
Others ---> Enel - Shiki - Ryuma

This is a Story about Pirate King Crew in the Middle of Marine HQ + Shichibukai vs Yonko & also Revos vs WG
Where CoC is the Most Fearsome Ability in the World

So there isn't much to think tbh, the Strongest are Top PK Crew Fighters + Yonko Leaders + Shichibukai + Strongest Marines + Revos Leaders + Very High Ranked WG Fighters + CoC Users. Aside from these, we can only add Enel who isn't part of World Politics & Shiki who was basically like an Emperor in the Past too & also Ryuma who was Legendary Strongest Swordsman from the Past & most probably had CoC too.

Yonko Commanders + Vice Admirals + Supernova + Revos Commanders + CP Members + Super Rookies ... etc
Are just Henchmen of these Factions

This List imo represents Strongest 40 Characters Introduced so far in One Piece Story
Remaining 10 Spots (For Top 50) is Reserved for some Honorable Mentions, Characters who will get Stronger in the Future & also Non-Introduced Characters from both Present & Past Times

Zoro only ever piped up and gets salty when Luffy gives Sanji props. “I’m worth 2,000 right?”

He didn’t do that when Luffy mentions any other strong people. Wonder why that would be if Zoro didn’t seriously care about this rivalry with Sanji.
So nothing implicating it's that serious of a matter.

For instance I'm fairly confident Zoro thinks massively more of Mihawk instead of Sanji expecially considering he is meant to stand below Zoro right now. Mihawk himself is probably aware that one day Zoro might ouverturn the tables.

So nothing implicating it's that serious of a matter.

For instance I'm fairly confident Zoro thinks massively more of Mihawk instead of Sanji expecially considering he is meant to stand below Zoro right now. Mihawk himself is probably aware that one day Zoro might ouverturn the tables.
Well yeah Mihawks his mentor and goal not a rival of course he thinks highest of Mihawk.

But you’re trying to make it sound like you don’t think Zoro thinks highly of Sanji which is just outright false.

Need to define seriousness within rivalry, though.

If banter is what constitutes serious rivalry, then Luffy and Buggy had a lot of it, as well.

Do they set each other up as strength goals to achieve like Zoro and Kuina? Not really.

Is surpassing or defeating one another a serious, genuine goal of theirs? Not really no, they barely give a fuck about that when thinking about getting stronger lol.

Do their dreams and end goals clash in a competition where one must beat another? Like Luffy and Kidd both aiming for same end game? Not really, no.

Bickering and some silly contests don't constitute a serious rivalry, without any lack of real character investments or character goal alignment.

Hell, if "Zoro and Sanji rivalry" is supposed to be serious, then what was Kuina and Zoro? Ultra omega saiyan serious?

And ofc Zoro thinks highly of Sanji @Yasheen He thinks highly of Luffy, too- and his nakama in general, even if it's not strength-based view with likes of Sanji. But the word "serious" is being used too lightly here.

But you’re trying to make it sound like you don’t think Zoro thinks highly of Sanji which is just outright false.
Depends on what you think of high. As high as him? He himself stated he doesn't and I think he is not lying. He probably knows to be likely stronger.

So I'm not really implicating something false here by inferring such.

Usually because they find fujitora lackluster in Dressrosa and reverie or because they think Zoro or Sanji will fight Kizaru and the other will fight Ryokugyu or Fujitora so starting that whole Akainu ~ Kizaru > Fuji~Ryo crap early
Post automatically merged:

Depends on what you think of high. As high as him? He himself stated he doesn't and I think he is not lying. He probably knows to be likely stronger.

So I'm not really implicating something false here by inferring such.
What are you talking about? Zoro does think very highly of Sanji. In fact he respects Sanjis strength very much and that’s mentioned throughout the story.

If he didn’t do you think he’d care so much about Sanji getting a higher bounty than him.

A rivalry like theirs is built on mutual respect and competition. They don’t have the same goal but they never want to lose to one another in their petty squalls. While at the same time they also respect one another’s abilities and see each other as strong and dependable allies.

Zoro has never once called Sanji weak. He and Sanji both want to be stronger than the other because they respect the others insane strength and power.

Last edited: