General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Unpopular opinion : sanji has unfinished business with the big mom pirates and is going to defeat one of her executives as his main fight in onigashima
Either he faces smoothie and undergo some character development in hurting women for the sake of his crew like oda said the strawhats will need to face necessary sacrifices to attain their goals this year.
Or he faces perospero and snack as his main fight.
I don't really think he is going to face any calamity.

YC1/YC2/YC3/YC4 are inconsistent made-up tiers with no real gap between the supposed YC2/YC3. the whole concept just came out of the blue and people started to use it.

1. There's simply no reason to separate some commanders into different levels when they haven't shown to be above each other. what did Smoothie show that was marginally better than Cracker? those who are clearly given an exceptional portrayal (Katakuri who was outright stated to be the strongest Big Mom commander/Marco who led the Whitebeard remnants) are the commanders who deserve to be placed on a different level. YC4 is vague too, who's BM's YC4? both Perospero and Snack could be, yet the term would exterminate one of them.

On top of that, it completely neglected match-up advantages. for example, i don't think Jozu would have more trouble facing Vista than say, Cracker or Jack.

2. A YC1 refers to a Yonko's first in command/strongest in crew yet vice captain Ben Beckman is not on the same level of strength, he's perceived as someone close to his captain. plus there's no proof that King/Queen are that apart from each other yet.

Therefore it's better to use tier lists (like the official WG one Cinera posted).

Sanji didn't jump tiers with the raid suit.
Added durability,and invisibility can only get you so far.
Whatever his level was before,he can't be higher than his previous self without training imo.
If he solos queen this arc,this means he either trained off panelled with the suit or was already not far off from that level(most unlikely option though).

Sanji didn't jump tiers with the raid suit.
Added durability,and invisibility can only get you so far.
Whatever his level was before,he can't be higher than his previous self without training imo.
If he solos queen this arc,this means he either trained off panelled with the suit or was already not far off from that level(most unlikely option though).
Oda will probably do like in Enies Lobby

Sanji went from being utterly destroyable by the likes of Blueno to defeating Jabura with no training done.

I suppose this is a possibility. I woudn't support it.

Oda will probably do like in Enies Lobby

Sanji went from being utterly destroyable by the likes of Blueno to defeating Jabura with no training done.

I suppose this is a possibility. I woudn't support it.
I feel like the SHs will get second power ups.

Sanji hasn't used hell memories since fishman island, so I think that there could honestly be a lot more to that ability that Oda is yet to explore. Same thing with Zoro's asura.

as for Luffy, we still haven't seen tankman regular form, which Imo is actually going to be stronger than boundman, now that Luffy has ACoA

That a Vegapunk arc is next. People everywhere seem to be adamant on the final war or Elbaf happening immediately post Wano and all Ican see is Vegapunk currently:

- Constant namedropping and allusion to the character since Thriller Bark. Now that Wano will conclude the 300 chapter Kaido story arc its time to move on to Vegapunk

- Kuma and Bonney are heavily alluded to and being set up for something major. Bonney, and Urogue, are the final 2 supernova that have yet to be featured in an arc. I think this was done on purpose by Oda and we will get Vegapunk (Bonney) and Elbaf (Urogue) centric arcs before we move onto Lodestar/The Final War.

- Sabo's mission to rescue Kuma clearly failed.

- Caesar is MIA, indicating the next time we may see him is with Vegapunk

- Judge is MIA, and tbh i dont expect him coming to Wano, but will return during Vegapunk's arc, Germa in general.

- Smoker and Tashigi were not shown at all during any of the Reverie content, yet Fujitora visited Vegapunk's facility and left to still arrive at the Reverie. To me this indicates they are still with Vegapunk for some unknown reason (possibly the children)

- Wano/Kaido and the Oni Giants may be more rela to Vegapunk than we realize. Kaido and his Numbers share the same horns that the Oni giants and Onigashima/Oars have. Punk Hazard had this symbol on its island. We have a 300+ chapter mystery on our hands.

Anyway, with how jam packed Wano is, and how much bigger it may get with former Rocks pirates, Neko's recruits (Former Roger/WB pirates), Jinbe and the Sun Pirates, and Sword and possibly former Shichibukai (Hancock, Weevil, Buggy), I do NOT see Vegpunk being an actual factor this arc.

Additionally, I have a feeling Vegapunk's lab is actually centered in the hidden God Valley. Oda has alluded to the island and created a silhouette for it, indicating it will be revealed eventually.

So yes, One Piece is "almost" finished (still like 6-7 years away in the least tbh), but I think at minimum there are medium sized arcs before we hit final arc territory:

- Wano: Finishes Kaido and elaborates on Rocks. The rest of the story is Rocks-centric, Big Mom/Kaido are not the only parts of the crew evidenced by Silver Axe/Ochoku, and even Blackbeard who clearly is inspired by the guy (his ship is named after him)

- Vegapunk: Kuma/Bonney/Revo's/CP-0/Maybe Crocodile and the Underworld: 60-80 Chapters

- Elbaf: Big Mom if she's not done by Wano, Shanks/BB backstory, Urogue, Loki, Possibly Enels Return, heavy focus on Norse Mythology and One Piece's geography/world, as well as the sky people and giants, imo the Giant Tree or Yggdrassil is telling that it may lead Luffy and crew to other places/islands. The last big adventure arc in the series: 60-100 chapters. Perhaps it focuses on Uranus as well.

- Lodestar: 20 chapter arc like Zo. End of GL but segue's is into the Final War.

- Final War: Heavily Blackbeard (and Rocks), Ancient Weapon and Im related. Laugh Tale is possibly reached before/during or after this War. I have no idea if he wants Luffy and crew to find out the true history before or after the war. I assume before considering Roger couldnt achieve something and gave up due to his early death. Takes place near New Marineford/Mariejois/Fishman Island. 100-200 chapter arc.

The manga has way too much to accomplish that not even Wano, regardless of what it acheives, really answer those things.

Last edited: