Manga Discussion Vinland saga

yj

👑YNWA 👑
one of the best chapters in a while. The feels is surreal. it really puts into perpective how far thorfinn came and the 3 pillars that shaped him into who he is today. it was leif who never gave up on him and who he inherited his dream from. thors was the one who implanted and installed the ideology we all know into him. askellad was the one who gifted him with a life and taught him how to survive without being dependent on anyone else. The 3 father figures of thorfinn. it’s a shame his last self didn’t realise the lessons thors and Askeladd were preaching before it was too late. never the less by maturing for the better he’s finally realised he won’t make the same mistake with leif and will learn everything possible from him. Tell me why thorfinn is the greatest mc ever.

Ohh yeah fuck bug eyes that little shit. Hope he catches the bubonic plague coupled with the flue. This man saved you from a miserable life of slavery, gave you a home, even made you his son. And you toss all that for gambling and pussy? ngl it had me tight. he doesn’t even have the decency to at least see leif. The poor man is dying. fuck bug eyes.

Last edited:
D

Dragomir

The fact that this thread has only two pages is an absolute crime. I've just recently finished watching S1 of the anime, and this show is absolutely amazing. When Canute finally matured, that's when the whole thing just took off and never looked back. Askeladd is one of the best-written characters I know. Thorkell is loveable and hilarious. Canute has quickly grown on me with his development as a king and last but not least, Thorfinn who has gone through some extreme turmoil, and I'm stoked to see his development as the protagonist in the future seasons. I will remain anime-only for this series as the anime is too beautiful to move on from to the manga for me. Anyway, a spectacular S1 and I greatly look forward to S2.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The fact that this thread has only two pages is an absolute crime. I've just recently finished watching S1 of the anime, and this show is absolutely amazing. When Canute finally matured, that's when the whole thing just took off and never looked back. Askeladd is one of the best-written characters I know. Thorkell is loveable and hilarious. Canute has quickly grown on me with his development as a king and last but not least, Thorfinn who has gone through some extreme turmoil, and I'm stoked to see his development as the protagonist in the future seasons. I will remain anime-only for this series as the anime is too beautiful to move on from to the manga for me. Anyway, a spectacular S1 and I greatly look forward to S2.
My man, you need to read the manga at some point. The next Saga of the series is where this show entered my top 5 and convinced me of Thorfinn's greatness as a protagonist.

D

Dragomir

My man, you need to read the manga at some point. The next Saga of the series is where this show entered my top 5 and convinced me of Thorfinn's greatness as a protagonist.
I hear you, man. I've read multiple comments on YT talking about how great his development is. We'll see, might check it out over the summer sometime. Is he your favorite? Right now, Askeladd sits at #1 for me.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I hear you, man. I've read multiple comments on YT talking about how great his development is. We'll see, might check it out over the summer sometime. Is he your favorite? Right now, Askeladd sits at #1 for me.
Thorfinn and Thorkell are my favorites, alongside Leif Erikson. Great characters through and through.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Anyone else feel like the series lost away a little in the Eastern Expedition arc?

The War and Slave/Farmland arcs were masterpieces, but I felt like the last arc was basically just 70 chapters of character shenanigans with a few cool moments. And the fact that we didn't visit Greece makes it feel kinda skippable.
I’m behind, waiting for the series to get a few more chapters before continuing, but I agree. I was excited to see them going down to Greece and see the Byzantines or the Varangians. But it was totally off screened. It was real upsetting

Anyone else feel like the series lost away a little in the Eastern Expedition arc?

The War and Slave/Farmland arcs were masterpieces, but I felt like the last arc was basically just 70 chapters of character shenanigans with a few cool moments. And the fact that we didn't visit Greece makes it feel kinda skippable.
I know what you mean and it’s probably the weakest arc but still great. This whole arc was a payback for a the sins Thorfinn committed.
I really like how the whole story is structured
Thorfinn did evil things/sins and lost his way -> Thorfinn lost himself and finds his own way -> Thorfinns past is chasing him and he needs to pay for his past/ he concludes the old story arc ->
Vinland and his last trail, can he become a true warrior and will he fulfil his promise?
Post automatically merged:

SEASON 2 :catsweat:

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
In the Farmland Saga arc rn. This shit is just as good as the first arc. Favorite characters are Askeladd, and Thorkell. Thorfinn is a fantastic MC and I'm excited to see him develop more as a character in the future.

I honestly expected this thread to be much bigger considering how great this series is. It's also one of the few Seinen that actually has a reasonably decent anime adaptation that (for the most part) does justice to the original source material. They did fuck up the iconic Thorkell scene but overall it was good. Below are some of my favourite scenes from S1.

I honestly expected this thread to be much bigger considering how great this series is. It's also one of the few Seinen that actually has a reasonably decent anime adaptation that (for the most part) does justice to the original source material. They did fuck up the iconic Thorkell scene but overall it was good. Below are some of my favourite scenes from S1.

The Anime was awesome, can’t wait for season 2.
We will see Snake animated
:steef:

D

Dragomir

This manga is amazing. I'm currently on chapter 106 and I'm loving every single chapter I'm reading. I really like Thorfinn and I can clearly see now why his character development is so hyped up. It's immaculate and he's such a well-written character.