Manga Discussion Vinland saga

I finished the prologue. I gotta say it was amazing. My favourites thus far are Thorfinn, Canute, Askeladd and Thorkell. I was surprised that Askeladd died so soon. The look of utter despair and brokenness on Thorfinn's face when he realized Askeladd died and he never got his revenge. I like Canute's development and imitative.

I've just started the famed Farmland arc. Only a few chapters in. I was immensely surprised to see Thorfinn like that. Wiling to be a slave and act like that. Seems Askeladd's death hit him tremendously.
Farmland arc is my fav one
Yes the ending of the prologue was surprising and well done. Askeladd is a top tier character

Can’t wait for your future updates!

Mmh, I don't know. This last chapter was pretty short without any meaningful interaction, just a small flashback and the scarred woman ready to go make a mess. What I somewhat expected and want to see for this arc was something like the farm arc but it seems the author is cooking up a war vs the indians and the usual dilemma for Thorfinn (fight or stay true to his ideals). I wanna see where this is going but at the same time it is a bit weird.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Hild is cool

But Vinland is really taking the Berserk route :

- a grim / dark first part and then a band/crew is formed and a tone changing quite a bit

Didn't really like at all the Jomsviking arc and Floki character treatment really sub par and almost cartoonish

I like some of the theme in the new arc, some are really interesting but overall I think Vinland is looking after his soul a little bit and doesn't really know where to go

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Finally caught up to it. I gotta say it fell off for me. Farmland>=Askeladd part>>these last few parts imo. Uneventful and predictable.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Finally caught up to it. I gotta say it fell off for me. Farmland>=Askeladd part>>these last few parts imo. Uneventful and predictable.
I like the new things with the native guy who wants to drive the Norse men away because ultimately he feels they will destroy them (he is kinda right historically)

But outside that after farmland except one or two moments the show is not the same at all

The direction and the soul of the show changed and it’s quite disturbing

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I like the new things with the native guy who wants to drive the Norse men away because ultimately he feels they will destroy them (he is kinda right historically)
Yeah that was the only interesting part recently ngl.

But outside that after farmland except one or two moments the show is not the same at all

The direction and the soul of the show changed and it’s quite disturbing
Yeah I sorta agree. Can't believe I am saying this.. :josad:

I still like it but I understand what you guys mean
The author is struggling right now
He has an ending in his mind but is afraid to take this route because of the possible reaction of his audience
He mentioned it on Twitter
It’s the struggle of every good mangaka
I hope he’ll listen to his heart

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
He has an ending in his mind but is afraid to take this route because of the possible reaction of his audience
He mentioned it on Twitter
Got a link? Is that all or did he talk about the ending?

I still like it but I understand what you guys mean
I still like VS of course, but it's imo clear it's falling off. Like I said it went downward from Farmland. Had some highlights with Garm and Thorkell and Hild, but it's not the same story I believe.