Manga Discussion Vinland saga

Manga > anime clearly imo.

I never got the impression that the Vinland Saga manga was meant to be a slow burner, whereas the anime clearly adapted it as such to meet the 25 episode season mark.

Btw, I kinda got disillusioned with the series after Farm Arc (stopped after Eastern Expedition and haven’t read any of the Vinland arc yet). Let me know if it picks back.

D

Dragomir

As I caught up to the manga, I gotta say, I lost interest in Canute's character. He's not a bad character and I think his development was nice but the result of that development is kinda boring. I'm not captivated by his story and don't really care much for what he does.

My top 5 now:
1. Thorfinn
2. Askeladd
3. Thorkell
4. Einar
5. Hild

Some honorable mentions: Snake, Thors, Gudrid, and Halfdan.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Just picked this up. Finished the first chapter. The setting and period are my cup of tea. I've heard great things about it, so I am looking forward to more. I've heard that Askeladd and Thorfinn are some of the best characters out there. I already took a liking to Thorfinn. He's raw, badass, cocky. I've heard he has amazing moments and is a top tier protagonist so looking forward to that. The connection between him and Askeladd piques my interest as well.

Just picked this up. Finished the first chapter. The setting and period are my cup of tea. I've heard great things about it, so I am looking forward to more. I've heard that Askeladd and Thorfinn are some of the best characters out there. I already took a liking to Thorfinn. He's raw, badass, cocky. I've heard he has amazing moments and is a top tier protagonist so looking forward to that. The connection between him and Askeladd piques my interest as well.
I’ve read the manga about 5-6 times
It’s soooo good
I hope you’ll enjoy it
:steef:

this thread has been long overdue but anyways welcome to the Vinland saga thread

Come chill do whatever floats your boat, let’s all chill and discuss our love for this historical masterpiece.

written by Makoto Yukimura.

Animated by wit studio

Basic breakdown

Coupled with action and a unique Viking setting. Set in the heights of the most brutal of Vikings we follow our main protagonist thorfinn from adolescence into of age (adulthood).

Through the many trials and tribulations that come his way we see thorfinn mature into someone who’s essentially now able to encompass and evolve his father’s philosophy. such is now that he fully seeks to colonise a vast lustrous fertile land. A land without war or slavery. The land known as Vinland. With him on this perilous journey to realise his dream are companions he’s met along the way.

With diverse masterful story telling with amazing characterization and themes all perfectly layered together with amazing consistent art and attention to detail in this manga. Its a must see for everyone. An easy 11/10 manga. Go see it if you haven’t.

Some tags

@Marimo_420 @Seth @Tobi @Enma @Zoro D Goat @SpoonDFork @Jo_Ndule @TheAncientCenturion
Is the story still good after Askeladd dies

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I finished the prologue. I gotta say it was amazing. My favourites thus far are Thorfinn, Canute, Askeladd and Thorkell. I was surprised that Askeladd died so soon. The look of utter despair and brokenness on Thorfinn's face when he realized Askeladd died and he never got his revenge was wow. I like Canute's development and initiative.

I've just started the famed Farmland arc. Only a few chapters in. I was immensely surprised to see Thorfinn like that. Wiling to be a slave and act like that. Seems Askeladd's death hit him tremendously.