News Volume 96 coming on April 2020

Lol why are you absolutely furious over this?

No, I'm not saying that there's some gargantuan Ace level reveal here. If there was Oda wouldn't be basically spoiling it in a SBS.

But it is pretty clear that Zoro's, if not a Shimotsuki, a descendant of the Wano ship that went to East Blue.
So its too insignificant to matter then?

Why bother then?

This is the equivalent of saying One of the pirate crews that Fujitora dropped Dressrosa on was Franky's family. Okay that's a reveal so what?

The reason Oda is revealing this stuff in an SBS is because it's not Zoro's past. It's Kuina's past. And that only matters because it explains how Zoro is gonna tame Enma is a week yet no one in Wano ever could beside Oden.

Theres no need for a flashback regarding Zoro's swords. Oda is actually going out of his way to make sure every single one of Zoro's swords gets actually origin story sure once this is Wano but he won't give them a fuckin flashback. We don't get a flashback of where the Kitetsu blade curse came from. We just get one panel of Tenguyama introducing himself as Kitetsu and then one other panel Tenguyama safe he made Zoro's Sandai Kitetsu and that's it. Zoro shouts "really" and thats the end of that. Zoro doesnt even ask why the sword is cursed because who cares.

Same thing happens when Tenguyama literally mentions Zoro's hometown. Like Zoro hears the name of his ow home town when Tenguyama tells him about Shimotsuki and he says "okay." And promptly doesn't care.

So what are we supposed to do with all this? I mean Zoro doesnt care. Why should we? Everything is vet clearly getting tied up as just Zoro's swords' orginal stories. Why make a big deal out of it? Just so that you know???

M

MD Zolo

Because no one else cares about Zoro's bloodline.
You keep saying the same bullshit. Newsflash Genius: People here do care about Zoro's bloodline.

I've never understood this mindset. Zoro hasn't profited from any potential special bloodline thus far in the series, except maybe forming a friendship with Yasu and getting trained at Koshiro's dojo.
Sure you that. But it isn't true and you know it. If Zoro ends up with a notable lineage, many of Zoro's attribute like swordsmanship, superhuman strength and durability will be linked to his bloodline by most people within the OP fandom.

You and the rest of us can argue all day long with the Fandom, but if Zoro's bloodline ends up being a notable one, you know that everything about Zoro will be attributed to that and you wouldn't be able to disprove it. Similar to how many of Luffy's characteristics are attributed to being a D.

I for one want Zoro to be like WB or Linlin who had no notable bloodline (to our knowledge) as opposed to being like Roger or Xebec (who had D bloodline).

odas just hinted at zoros backstory and him being a shimotsuki. Keep acting in denial. odas setting up zoros backstory to be the best thing ever. Us zoro fans are eating
Oda gave a break down of Kuina's lineage and then trolled you the same way he did in the manga. Everything related to Zoro and his connections to Wano ALL lead to Zoro's swords. Shusui belonged to Wano's god. Sandai was made by Tenguyama and Wado and Enma were made by Kouzaburo. Every single thread only leads to Swords.

Last edited:
If the problem is that yall dont want zoro to be "a chosen one"
Honestly i understand to an extent

At the same time at this point the strawhats as a whole are all "chosen ones" tbh
Just wait until the Joy Boy flashback and we see that he was buddies with Ryuma, the first Vinsmoke king and a host of other similar characters to our current stars.